• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

VOTE: Like the NEW Schedules/TCMDB Layouts/Like the OLD Schedules/TCMDB Layouts

2 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

OXYCLEAN WORKS THO!!!!

Especially on blood stains.

(Or so I’ve heard.)

Lol.  My friend had a blood setting on her washing machine.  I never heard whether or not it was effective.  I feel like the blood setting on a washing machine could have figured into more episodes of Forensic Files.

• Thanks 1

...when I use my original link:

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/monthly.html?tz=est&sdate=2020-10-01

....the site bar instantly turns into this:

https://www.tcm.com/schedule-monthly

...which shows all the text as images. I believe the images are flash links, not text-it's a "code" change. This now prevents me from changing the date in my link to see the month ahead. I like planning my viewing in advance & now won't be able to see the schedule until the first of the month. 

A BIG BOO-hate it!

991742a2482ae3d08820b3ec853096258c629cb7

• Thanks 3
12 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Lol.  My friend had a blood setting on her washing machine.  I never heard whether or not it was effective.  I feel like the blood setting on a washing machine could have figured into more episodes of Forensic Files.

Even odds someone out there in America has the same washing machine and thinks that it means that it’s going to literally wash the clothes in blood.

• Haha 2
24 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

also, can anyone tell me what they showed last night on PETER CUSHING'S FIRST SOTM NIGHT?

Dave Karger was the host, the first night was based on his pre-horror films.  The lineup was:

8:00p    crime    Cash on Demand (1961)
9:30p    romance    The End of the Affair (1955)
11:30p    crime    Time Without Pity (1957)
1:15a    advent    John Paul Jones (1959)
3:30a    drama    Hamlet (1948)

For those who have the service, all of these with the exception of Hamlet are available on WatchTCM.

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, cmovieviewer said:

Dave Karger was the host, the first night was based on his pre-horror films.  The lineup was:

8:00p    crime    Cash on Demand (1961)
9:30p    romance    The End of the Affair (1955)
11:30p    crime    Time Without Pity (1957)
1:15a    advent    John Paul Jones (1959)
3:30a    drama    Hamlet (1948)

For those who have the service, all of these with the exception of Hamlet are available on WatchTCM.

Thank you!!!

I remember catching some of him in THE END OF THE AFFAIR and thinking he was excellent 

13 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Love your avatar!

Thank you! Though I’ve been thinking of changing it to one of David Niven and the dog from A Matter of Life and Death (“I always hoped there would be dogs.”) 

I don’t dare trying that on my phone though. 

On 10/5/2020 at 1:48 PM, LornaHansonForbes said:

this has brought back a memory though- you guys remember 10-15 years ago, before DIGITAL TV and DVR blew up and everyone got their own way of watching and we all had the same cable and the same schedule, how TCM would RELIGIOUSLY only show REALLY COOL, INTERESTING, RARE FILMS AND PREMIERES at, like 2:00 am?

Like GIGI at 8:00; ICE STATION ZEBRA at 10:00, and at 2:15 am THE REDISCOVERED PRINT OF LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT.

Umm...you mean remember back to yesterday?  How often has Hamlet been on at 2am,  6:30am, etc. or these wonderful films directed by women that are being showcased Tuesday nights/Wednesday mornings. It really should be a TCM priority for any film that hasn't shown before, hasn't shown in the last year, or is a rarity/oddity/one-time event aired outside Primetime to be made available on WatchTCM. I watched the latest installment of Women Make Film last night and the Hosted Intros guest Kirsten Johnson's film Cameraperson (2016) WASN'T made available on WatchTCM. I checked this morning and was incredulous. But perhaps it's part of a "marketing" push to get ppl to buy the film. Personally, I don't get the impression that many of the folks running the network, nor the day-to-day programming and web/app folks give a darn about TCM subscribers; a monopoly power rarely does.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, ClassicMindset said:

Umm...you mean remember back to yesterday?  How often has Hamlet been on at 2am,  6:30am, etc. or these wonderful films directed by women that are being showcased Tuesday nights/Wednesday mornings. It really should be a TCM priority for any film that hasn't shown before, hasn't shown in the last year, or is a rarity/oddity/one-time event aired outside Primetime to be made available on WatchTCM. I watched the latest installment of Women Make Film last night and the Hosted Intros guest Kirsten Johnson's film Cameraperson (2016) WASN'T made available on WatchTCM. I checked this morning and was incredulous. But perhaps it's part of a "marketing" push to get ppl to buy the film. Personally, I don't get the impression that many of the folks running the network, nor the day-to-day programming and web/app folks give a darn about TCM subscribers; a monopoly power rarely does.

Films not ending up on Watch TCM could be due to a rights issue rather than TCM wanting people to purchase a DVD/Blu Ray.

• Thanks 2
12 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Films not ending up on Watch TCM could be due to a rights issue rather than TCM wanting people to purchase a DVD/Blu Ray.

Absolutely agree.  But if you or I were paying for broadcast rights that did not include a 7-day streaming period; would either of us choose to air that film in a 2 - 6 am timeslot on a weekday, or even a weekend? The TCM library represents sunk cost; non-library films represent variable costs where I'd do my best to maximize viewership, which means yielding up a coveted time slot, particularly if the film will only air once over the coming 12 months. Then again, my bean-counter instincts are clearly not the greatest given that I probably couldn't find a way to pay less than 750 USD in Federal Taxes even if my income was only 750 USD! Happy viewing!

17 hours ago, ElCid said:

At least they can rid of the pictures for each movie.  They take up way too much space and are useless.

sooooo.......times( ???), titles  +  NOTHING ELSE??!!

w/o searching for alot of 'mystery links'??

(I get more from my DTV schedule info)  :wacko:

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, mr6666 said:

sooooo.......times( ???), titles  +  NOTHING ELSE??!!

w/o searching for alot of 'mystery links'??

(I get more from my DTV schedule info)  :wacko:

Yes, the pictures take up too much space and really don't add to the information value of the site.  The purpose is find what is playing when and get a brief description.  If more information is needed, click on links.  Then they can add in pictures in a much smaller scale.

• Thanks 1

I'm probably not saying anything people don't already know, but you can still get some information by going to the homepage and clicking on the "TCM in October" link, after which you will see some links to various primetime, daytime and monthly themes just like you used to find on the old site.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...