Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Here are the major items I can think of so far.  Feel free to add on, but perhaps it's best to focus on the really important items for now.

1. Fix times to be correct for the different time zones

2. Remember the last time zone selected when you come back to the schedule

3. List the primetime theme for the day

4. Define the ‘current day’ time period as 6 am ET to 6 am ET of the following date

5. Searching for an actor / director’s name will show a list of scheduled films with that person

6. Provide a means to see the schedule for future months that are available

7. List scheduled shorts

• Like 6

12. The previous schedule listed (most of the time) when a movie was being broadcast in a widescreen format. I wish this "widescreen" information was included again. It is more helpful than knowing what the theatrical aspect ratio is when the broadcast aspect is 1.33:1 (full screen).

When I look at the schedule now, the time to load the Daily Schedule page seems to have gotten better.  I am not waiting nearly as long (with the spinning circle) before the page loads.  Was something changed for the better?

So item 11. may have been addressed.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 1:22 PM, cmovieviewer said:

4. Define the ‘current day’ time period as 6 am ET to 6 am ET of the following date

I doubt you will get consensus on this--I really prefer that a film that is on (e.g.) January 7 be listed as January 7 so that when I go to program it, I don't have to do any crazy adjustments--which, by the way, are exactly what all the time zone complaints are about.  Not to mention that trying to put program items in a spreadsheet sort by date and time is a total mess if 5AM on a given day comes after 7AM on the same day!

1 hour ago, ECL said:

I doubt you will get consensus on this--I really prefer that a film that is on (e.g.) January 7 be listed as January 7 so that when I go to program it, I don't have to do any crazy adjustments--which, by the way, are exactly what all the time zone complaints are about.  Not to mention that trying to put program items in a spreadsheet sort by date and time is a total mess if 5AM on a given day comes after 7AM on the same day!

I can see how there are mixed feelings on this approach.  I believe the previous system was based on the organization of the schedule into 2 'theme' periods - a daytime theme period and a primetime theme period.  The primetime portion of the schedule starts each day at 8 pm Eastern time and can include several films which can run past midnight.  By convention the daytime theme would typically start at 6 am Eastern time.  The 6 am start time for the daytime theme has been flexible to allow for even more films to continue with the same theme from the night before.  (The Women Make Film series is an example, with films for this theme continuing up until 9 am or even 10 am the next day.)  But the new schedule currently does not list any themes at all, even though the programming is still organized that way out through the end of the year.

It is yet to be determined if the new schedule format is a sign of things to come with respect to continuing to build the schedule around 2 themes per day or not.  It is just my opinion that the previous method was better at quickly showing the films as they related to these themes, but with the new system that is now completely hidden.  It may not matter if TCM abandons the idea of 2 themes per day altogether.

• Like 1

Item #1 appears to have been fixed, thank you.

(I live in the Central time zone, and the schedule shows proper Eastern times now.  Selecting Central time zone also produces correct times for my area.)

Now hoping for item 2.