Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question about Little Orphant Annie (1918)

I restored this a few years ago and put it out on Blu-ray/DVD.  It has more footage than has ever been seen and looks better than it's looked since 1926 (its last reissue).

Sales have been dismal and few know I even did it.

Since I'm now working on a new restoration, the part silent/part talkie The King of the Kongo (1929), I'd like to make sure I don't repeat the same mistakes.  I'm turning to this community to help guide me in promoting and marketing this new restoration.  I would like to keep doing these restorations, but I also need to break even on costs.

I realize that silent films are a niche market and that even TCM see these titles as probably not worth airing (I offered them to Kanopy and was refused as well.)  Some people, I realize, think that this particular film (Annie) is bad, but I don't think it is bad at all.  In fact, I quite like it.  I believe in doing restorations on things that no one else will tackle.  I note that Annie has been out since late 2016 and has not even been reviewed here!  That tells me something about my marketing skills!

Any ideas you may have are welcome.  Don't spare my feelings.  If you need to be blunt, do so...