Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need help finding this film noir(?) movie

Hi everyone!

I am trying to help my father-in-law find a movie we watched a few years ago, but can't remember the title. He thinks it is a film noir movie, but not 100% certain. It could be just a thriller/crime movie.

I caught the tail-end of the movie with him, so I never knew (or don't remember) the title.

Essentially, the movie is about a man (possibly ex-con, or a criminal in general) who is in love with a woman, and they run away with each other. They end up in some sort of "ghost town", abandoned mining town, or old abandoned town in general; living there for some time (they might be hiding out from the police). At some point she becomes very ill (or possibly has a baby and becomes ill after that) and he leaves her in the "town" while he goes to get a doctor. We think she dies, or maybe the baby dies after he comes back with the doctor. Near the end (or possibly the end) the police tracked them down. He is either captured or killed.

That's about as much/detailed/specific we can remember.

Sound familiar to anyone here? Any suggestions?

I'd love to find out what movie this is; and, if it is available, purchase it for him.

Thanks in advance for any help.

31 minutes ago, JLB2 said:

Hi everyone!

I am trying to help my father-in-law find a movie we watched a few years ago, but can't remember the title. He thinks it is a film noir movie, but not 100% certain. It could be just a thriller/crime movie.

I caught the tail-end of the movie with him, so I never knew (or don't remember) the title.

Essentially, the movie is about a man (possibly ex-con, or a criminal in general) who is in love with a woman, and they run away with each other. They end up in some sort of "ghost town", abandoned mining town, or old abandoned town in general; living there for some time (they might be hiding out from the police). At some point she becomes very ill (or possibly has a baby and becomes ill after that) and he leaves her in the "town" while he goes to get a doctor. We think she dies, or maybe the baby dies after he comes back with the doctor. Near the end (or possibly the end) the police tracked them down. He is either captured or killed.

That's about as much/detailed/specific we can remember.

Sound familiar to anyone here? Any suggestions?

I'd love to find out what movie this is; and, if it is available, purchase it for him.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Most of the plot sounds like the 1951 noir, The Prowler, Van Heflin and Evelyn Keyes. She doesn't die, neither does the baby. She gives the baby to the Dr. tells him her husband murdered her  1st husband. The  Dr. takes the baby , calls the police after the Dr. and baby escape,  her husband tries to escape climbing up a hill but is shot by a Sheriff in the end. Hope that helps.

• Like 3

THAT'S IT!!!! 😂

We actually have that on blu-ray, but my wife and I had not yet gotten around to watching it!

(we're only in our late 20s, so we're new to classic film/film noir and are just begininng to watch all these great movies)

I just ordered a copy of it for my father-in-law.

Thank you lavenderblue19 for solving the mystery! 😀

• Like 2
13 hours ago, JLB2 said:

THAT'S IT!!!! 😂

We actually have that on blu-ray, but my wife and I had not yet gotten around to watching it!

(we're only in our late 20s, so we're new to classic film/film noir and are just begininng to watch all these great movies)

I just ordered a copy of it for my father-in-law.

Thank you lavenderblue19 for solving the mystery! 😀

You're Very Welcome, glad I could help :)

• Like 1