Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DOES ANYONE COLLECT THE US POSTAL STAMPS LEGENDS OF HOLLYWOOD

I personally have some, but they got $expensive$ to keep  to date I own SINATRA, KATE, CARY GRANT, J.D., JOHN WAYNE-(kind of anyhow), EDWARD G., CAGNEY & BOGIE & UNIVERSAL HORROR

Who also collects them?

1 minute ago, spence said:

I personally have some, but they got $expensive$ to keep  to date I own SINATRA, KATE, CARY GRANT, J.D., JOHN WAYNE-(kind of anyhow), EDWARD G., CAGNEY & BOGIE & UNIVERSAL HORROR

Who also collects them?

OH & BETTE DAVIS

I'm not a collector, but I'm 'old school' in terms of using the post office frequently to mail packages and my bills.  My local office has some pretty cool stamps on offer.  This is the latest batch I purchased.

332477016_BugsBunnyStamps001.thumb.jpg.e32d37d97f1619209ca3efaad7e05597.jpg

17 minutes ago, midwestan said:

I'm not a collector, but I'm 'old school' in terms of using the post office frequently to mail packages and my bills.  My local office has some pretty cool stamps on offer.  This is the latest batch I purchased.

332477016_BugsBunnyStamps001.thumb.jpg.e32d37d97f1619209ca3efaad7e05597.jpg

UTTERLY MARVELOUS!

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, cinecrazydc said:

1000+ images about The Art of Albert Slark on Pinterest ...

This was the proposed stamp design, but it was never issued.   John Wayne replaced Spencer Tracy as the 2004 Hollywood stamp honoree.  The Tracy estate was uncooperative with the USPS, and it's unlikely there will ever be a Tracy stamp issued.

I have some Bugs Bunny stamp collectable stamps and the Universal monsters, but I got tired of going to the post office and asking if they had any monster stamps, so my collection is limited. I wish I had been on some sort of postal listing where they would announce new celebrity stamps, if there ever was one. I would have loved to have the Bonanza collection.

4 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

This was the proposed stamp design, but it was never issued.   John Wayne replaced Spencer Tracy as the 2004 Hollywood stamp honoree.  The Tracy estate was uncooperative with the USPS, and it's unlikely there will ever be a Tracy stamp issued.

On 10/15/2020 at 4:05 PM, spence said:

The reason THE GREAT SPENCER TRACY doesn't have one is a long story but due to his grandson

4 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

Apparently, the European Union issued a ST stamp, regardless of the family's wishes-  Spencer is on lower right- I tried to find a picture of the stamp on line, but this was the best I could do 

Image preview

Shirley Temple was the last stamp issued in the LEGENDS OF HOLLYWOOD series. 

It took the place of the Elizabeth Taylor stamp which was announced many months earlier, but was dropped because someone involved in Elizabeth Taylor estate wasn't happy.

That probably cost the USPS a lot of money and from that point to this very day there has never been another LEGENDS OF HOLLYWOOD.

A shame because BURT LANCASTER, KIRK DOUGLAS, RITA HAYWORTH and many others deserve one.

24 minutes ago, cody1949 said:

Shirley Temple was the last stamp issued in the LEGENDS OF HOLLYWOOD series. 

It took the place of the Elizabeth Taylor stamp which was announced many months earlier, but was dropped because someone involved in Elizabeth Taylor estate wasn't happy.

That probably cost the USPS a lot of money and from that point to this very day there has never been another LEGENDS OF HOLLYWOOD.

A shame because BURT LANCASTER, KIRK DOUGLAS, RITA HAYWORTH and many others deserve one.

Several foreign governments have issued Hollywood commemorative stamps, including those for Kirk Douglas (even when he was alive), Burt Lancaster, and Rita Hayworth, among many others.  

Stars: BURT LANCASTER Stock Photo - Alamyc8656ab72dcceb8a691c3af0e177ac39.jpg1000+ images about Estampillas on Pinterest | Postage ...

3 minutes ago, cinecrazydc said:

Several foreign governments have issued Hollywood commemorative stamps, including those for Kirk Douglas (even when he was alive), Burt Lancaster, and Rita Hayworth, among many others.  

Stars: BURT LANCASTER Stock Photo - Alamyc8656ab72dcceb8a691c3af0e177ac39.jpg1000+ images about Estampillas on Pinterest | Postage ...

I know many governments around the world have honored our Hollywood heroes and heroines,but I still wish we could honor our own without greedy relatives screwing up everything.

21 hours ago, cinecrazydc said:

Apparently, the European Union issued a ST stamp, regardless of the family's wishes-  Spencer is on lower right- I tried to find a picture of the stamp on line, but this was the best I could do 

Image preview

thanks & don't think there will be his postage stamp now, maybe though/

15 hours ago, cody1949 said:

cool  they really are now finally keeping up I stopped getting them after the initial 8 or so  the post office charging became to ridiculous & tedious

1 minute ago, spence said:

it tookl them forever for THE DUKE though  He shoulda really been among the first in my view

who thinks let AFI's award JW was put off for pc reasons?