Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Actress Rhonda Fleming (1923-2020)

6 hours ago, midwestan said:

The year-end 'TCM Remembers' in a couple of months will be particularly sad, I think.  We lose more stars from Hollywood's Golden Age, meaning there are fewer and fewer of them still around.  It's also a bummer because it reminds us that each year, we take one more step toward the Grim Reaper.  Still, it's something I look forward to watching.  It's a great tribute to the men and women who entertained us through the years, and the lasting legacy of their work, thanks to stations like TCM and film preservationists will be around long after they and we enter the great beyond.

After she died last year, I thought Doris Day would be the final star featured in the memorial, and I was right on that one.  Who will get the prominent end-spot this time?  Olivia de Havilland?  Kirk Douglas?  Either would be a nice choice.

I suspect that Olivia will get the final spot.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, filmnoirguy said:

Arlene Dahl graduated from the same high school my two (now adult) children graduated from.  So, of course, I had to show them a couple of her movies at the time.  Will try to find Slightly Scarlet if its available.

I think Slightly Scarlet is available in some capacity, I am able to borrow it from my library system. 

EDIT: It's available for streaming on Amazon Prime. I wonder if this title is in public domain.  There is a DVD as well from VCI Entertainment? 

8 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

I think Slightly Scarlet is available in some capacity, I am able to borrow it from my library system. 

EDIT: It's available for streaming on Amazon Prime. I wonder if this title is in public domain.  There is a DVD as well from VCI Entertainment? 

I watched it a few months ago on YouTube. Not sure if it's still posted there. 

14 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

It's also available from Netflix.