Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please help me identify a Halloween movie I saw a few years ago.

I have a question please. I saw the last part of this Black and White horror film a few years ago, that was somewhat similar to Les Diaboliques (but is not one of the remakes mentioned at, for example, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Diaboliques_(film)) I have looked for it on TCM the last few years, this time of year, but do not think it has been on. After the first victim is killed, the man repeatedly asks his co-conspirator lady friend, "Are you sure you killed her?", with the reply "Well, I thought I did." This leads up to the film's climax, when this lady becomes the second victim when she is scared to death when she sees something in the backyard. This is followed by the co-conspirators having a celebratory drink before they go outside to hide the evidence. Except, before they have a chance to do so, an Inspector (from Scotland Yard?) just then knocks on the door and says, "I am sure you don't mind if I have a look around, you never know what you might find."

It is just one of those movies that after you catch the end of it, you wouldn't mind seeing it from the beginning  

Thanks and Regards,  Sven

Thank you! Yes, that is it.

In the process of checking that out, I first watched the end of a film that was mistakenly labeled with that title.   But this other film was actually, 'The Man Who Wouldn't Die' (1942), and what a interesting ending that film has as well. 

Again, thank you for solving my mystery. 

Regards, Sven