Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

20,000 Cheers for the Chain Gang -- Is That a Major Warner Star in an Uncredited Role?

Just checking for confirmation here.  In the 1933 short spoof "20,000 Cheers for the Chain Gang", included as a bonus on the Warner DVD of *I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang* (1932), we see a group of dancing picnickers called "The Vitaphone Boys and Girls" on the IMDb cast list.  Among those Vitaphone dancing girls (whose faces are in some cases quite visible), I'm pretty sure I spot a major future Warner star.  I don't want to influence anyone's judgment by naming the person, but if anyone else has the short, I'd be interested to hear if they confirm my identification.  If enough people confirm it, I'd like to add it to the uncredited cast list.

Thanks for the suggestion, HelenBaby2.  Eleanor Powell may be somewhere in the film, but I didn't spot her.  I had in mind someone much more famous, a major Warner star, before she became a star.  If I'm right, she's in the scene where a group of young men and women are dancing at a picnic in a clearing in the woods, sporting a quite distinctive and very familiar smile.  Didn't want to influence anyone's judgment in case it's just a superficial resemblance, so I thought I'd see if anyone would spontaneously identify the actress.  The only scene I can find on YouTube has dancers on a stage or table putting on a show for the prisoners, but that's not the scene I'm thinking of.  The whole thing is a bonus on the I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang DVD.