Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

final Trump-Biden debate is a sham

Just now, hamradio said:

I was making a point referring to other at risk INDUSTRIAL jobs, progressive want to shut down and turn us into a 3rd world country.  

What industrial jobs?   Guess you would be in favor of returning the "industrial" jobs that created actual poisons and dumped them into rivers from which people get their drinking water.  Or maybe the sweat shops of old?

As the progressives say, they want to replace the harmful industrial jobs with ones that are better for the population in general and the workers themselves.

As for 3rd world countries, those are the ones that are creating the "industrial" jobs of which you speak.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ElCid said:

What industrial jobs?   Guess you would be in favor of returning the "industrial" jobs that created actual poisons and dumped them into rivers from which people get their drinking water.  Or maybe the sweat shops of old?

As the progressives say, they want to replace the harmful industrial jobs with ones that are better for the population in general and the workers themselves.

As for 3rd world countries, those are the ones that are creating the "industrial" jobs of which you speak.

Exactly!!

2627.jpeg

This is why...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDsdWDTI6In_R0plLmlF5

33d25560b01923027ba65c4f39f3c33e.jpg

bab3071b5f24a146af315fe2e7519640_XL.jpg

38 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Let's remember, Trump nor any member of his family has ever had a "production" job.  That's another reason why they have no idea what the "national economy" really is.

What DUMP spawn has ever worked???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Let's remember, Trump nor any member of his family has ever had a "production" job.  That's another reason why they have no idea what the "national economy" really is.

Trump hired and employed contractors and construction workers and developed big plots of land - so YOU make ZERO sense.  He also maintained staff of  cleaning, maintenance, security so go away with your dumb banter

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, hamradio said:

Exactly!!

2627.jpeg

This is why...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDsdWDTI6In_R0plLmlF5

33d25560b01923027ba65c4f39f3c33e.jpg

bab3071b5f24a146af315fe2e7519640_XL.jpg

China is not a Third World country!

1 hour ago, Cinemartian said:

Trump hired and employed contractors and construction workers and developed big plots of land - so YOU make ZERO sense.  He also maintained staff of  cleaning, maintenance, security so go away with your dumb banter

You really are clueless.

Mostly illegal immigrants. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, hamradio said:

I was making a point referring to other at risk INDUSTRIAL jobs, progressive want to shut down and turn us into a 3rd world country.  

Nonsensical.

1 minute ago, hamradio said:

Thanks to sending our jobs over there, they are not!

The American people and the big corporations sent jobs to China because they did not want to pay prices based on fair wages and benefits.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ElCid said:

The American people and the big corporations sent jobs to China because they did not want to pay prices based on fair wages and benefits.

Now the Smartphone (Made in China) zombies don't care.

(not to mention video game junkies)

hqdefault.jpg

Other jobs should be eliminated i.e communication workers because many has fell to their death.

150106100325-1500-foot-tower-3-1024x576.

Some jobs do have a degree of risk and many decide to take the risk for the pay. 

Ham:  This is the post to which I responded.  It has nothing to do with transferring jobs to third world countries or China.  Your position was that people who take "high risk jobs for the pay" should not expect to get medical coverage or government benefits if they later get injured or sick.

There is no mention of third world jobs.  The risky jobs cannot be transferred anyway.

I did respond to another poster re: the "industrial" jobs that have been transferred are those that are inherently dangerous because the employer wishes to make it so.  Those end up in third world countries.

But my point is that Trump and his family members have never worked at a job such as those performed by 90% of American workers.  They inherited wealth and positions at the top of companies.

Also, Trump has a terrible record of not paying his contractors and construction workers and at least six major bankruptcies that we know about.  As James said, many of his workers are illegal or underpaid aliens.  He also brought in aliens illegally.

The point is:  HE does not identify with 95% of the working people in America, so he cannot understand their problems, needs and wants.

Grow up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, hamradio said:

Uh, no.  We are not luddites, or Diggers like Gerrard Winstanley, quaint and sweet though they may be.

winstanley-df_0.jpg?itok=9D53Vsju

But I guess you would love to remove the cigarette restrictions, and warnings from the packs, because the industry has lost money. I'm not a Green -- far from it, as I mentioned in another post, I noticed that The Green Slime was on TCM, and I thought it was about Ralph Nader and Jill Stein. But with some tweaking and American ingenuity, many industries can be made safe for the environment; and if they can't, they can evolve into new industries. And yes, that means coal should go, as it began to go years ago.

blacklung1.jpg

• Thanks 1

I must admit that I mighta been wrong. the new rules helped Trump. when biden attacked trump he seemed unmotivated and his responses to trump seemed very defensive.

Trump kept after him about those eight years under obama and at one point amazingly biden said it was because he was vice president and not president....

he blamed obama!...GOOD! that's what st. barack gets for greenlighting the schtootz.

:D

1 hour ago, Swithin said:

Uh, no.  We are not luddites, or Diggers like Gerrard Winstanley, quaint and sweet though they may be.

But I guess you would love to remove the cigarette restrictions, and warnings from the packs, because the industry has lost money. I'm not a Green -- far from it, as I mentioned in another post, I noticed that The Green Slime was on TCM, and I thought it was about Ralph Nader and Jill Stein. But with some tweaking and American ingenuity, many industries can be made safe for the environment; and if they can't, they can evolve into new industries. And yes, that means coal should go, as it began to go years ago.

blacklung1.jpg

I serve on a water authority board and about 10 miles upstream next to the river that we draw water from is a coal ash pile.  The energy company was removing it until Trump cancelled the coal ash regulations.

In this same area, there is a large interstate pipeline that was leaking and nobody knew it.  The surrounding areas still have significant amount of oil products which are leaching into underground water that eventually gets to the river.

• Sad 2
2 hours ago, Swithin said:

But I guess you would love to remove the cigarette restrictions, and warnings from the packs, because the industry has lost money.

Absolutely not but has it really hurt sales? NOT in my area, people smoke more than ever.  Any major lost of revenue is due to e-cigarettes which were thought "safer" by the way is not!  With all the warnings, ads, regulations, taxes, people still smoke like it's no tomorrow.  Also some choose to smoke  Marijuana instead - oh some states are making it LEGAL.  Do they think it's healthier?? :wacko:

Absolutely not but has it really hurt sales? NOT in my area, people smoke more than ever.  Any major lost of revenue is due to e-cigarettes which were thought "safer" by the way is not!  With all the warnings, ads, regulations, taxes, people still smoke like it's no tomorrow.  Also some choose to smoke  Marijuana instead - oh some states are making it LEGAL.  Do they think it's healthier?? :wacko:

I was with a friend a while back who needed to buy a pack of ciggies, so we popped into a shop. I could believe the price! How can anyone who smokes a lot  afford it! I guess it's a hobby for the 1%.

26 minutes ago, Swithin said:

I was with a friend a while back who needed to buy a pack of ciggies, so we popped into a shop. I could believe the price! How can anyone who smokes a lot  afford it! I guess it's a hobby for the 1%.

Name brands are expensive but generic can be unbelievably cheap.

https://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/11-cheapest-cigarette-brands-in-2018-626855/

Some are so desperate for a smoke even in this day of covid, I've seen people salvage 2nd hand cigarettes from disposal bins.

aladdin-smoking-station-1-600x600_01b699

18 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

I must admit that I mighta been wrong. the new rules helped Trump. when biden attacked trump he seemed unmotivated and his responses to trump seemed very defensive.

Trump kept after him about those eight years under obama and at one point amazingly biden said it was because he was vice president and not president....

he blamed obama!...GOOD! that's what st. barack gets for greenlighting the schtootz.

So I'm assuming you missed the part where Biden pointed out he and Obama were dealing with a republican house and senate majority...?  My biggest disappointment was when Trump tried blaming the democrats for not having a stimulus package at this point.  When in fact, the democrat congress did deliver a stimulus bill to the republican senate which Be-yotch McConnell put a senate vote and passage of it on hold until after the confirmation of Token Barrett to the Supreme Court. I wished Biden would have pointed that out.  So, getting his nominee on the bench is more important to Trump and the right than financial relief for Americans.  Even those who support Trump!

Gosh, you tools really took a HUGE gulp of that Kool-Ade, eh?  :rolleyes:

Sepiatone

18 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

It doesn't matter what a habitual liar says because nobody believes him anyway.

2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

It doesn't matter what a habitual liar says because nobody believes him anyway.

Sorry but sadly that isn't the case.    Millions of American believe Trump is truthful and it is the MSM and Dems that are the liars.