Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

who thinks the nickname from everywhere lately on the political front THE BIG GUY is indeed Mr. JOE BIDEN?

Sounds like a gangster movie tcm would play from Hollywoods Golden Age

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, spence said:

who thinks the nickname from everywhere lately on the political front THE BIG GUY is indeed Mr. JOE BIDEN?

Sounds like a gangster movie tcm would play from Hollywoods Golden Age

Well the Big Guy surely isn't Trump.    I heard that directly from Stormy Daniels. 

• Haha 3
On 10/23/2020 at 2:08 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

Well the Big Guy surely isn't Trump.    I heard that directly from Stormy Daniels. 

4 stars james!

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

At one point, I thought Welles could portray RAYMOND BURR and vice-versa...  ;) 

But my favorite BIG GUY is still.....

Sepiatone

UTTERLY MARVELOUS SEPIATONE!   Ever as yet check out the great movie STAN & OLLIE though/

CURLY HOWARD also had the nickname of "BABE" matter of fact it may be on his gravestone, same goes for OLLIE

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

At one point, I thought Welles could portray RAYMOND BURR and vice-versa...  ;) 

But my favorite BIG GUY is still.....

Sepiatone

there are some home movies of them & the families available online, i think youtube & OLLIE looked ultra ill by then, even shedding all his lbs  he died at his mother in laws house of a stroke in '57 & they all say STAN LAUREL just basically shut down for the remaining 8yrs of his life

Just now, spence said:

there are some home movies of them & the families available online, i think youtube & OLLIE looked ultra ill by then, even shedding all his lbs  he died at his mother in laws house of a stroke in '57 & they all say STAN LAUREL just basically shut down for the remaining 8yrs of his life

i ask this of many on here, have you seen 2018's STAN & OLLIE & wanted your or anybody else's opinion on the marvelous film?  My mom & I went to it-(despite it only raking in about $4m.) & no Oscar nods???

& were actually very teary eyed at the finale I got to tape quite a few of them too back in the mid to late '80's from NICK AT NIGHT & L. Maltin produced them for air, some were computer colorized though

22 hours ago, spence said:

i ask this of many on here, have you seen 2018's STAN & OLLIE & wanted your or anybody else's opinion on the marvelous film?  My mom & I went to it-(despite it only raking in about $4m.) & no Oscar nods???

I can understand your disappointment.  I thought JOHN C. REILLY  and the make-up team deserved lots of special credit.  I've seen plenty of Laurel and Hardy impersonators over the years, but STEVE COOGAN and Reilly were by far miles above all the others.

Sepiatone

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

I can understand your disappointment.  I thought JOHN C. REILLY  and the make-up team deserved lots of special credit.  I've seen plenty of Laurel and Hardy impersonators over the years, but STEVE COOGAN and Reilly were by far miles above all the others.

Sepiatone

Agreed.  I think that is because it went far beyond mere impersonation.  I'm usually thrown off for a moment by people impersonating iconic figures but if they manage to put some personality into it like those two did, then that is a winning formula.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2020 at 11:20 AM, Bogie56 said:

Agreed.  I think that is because it went far beyond mere impersonation.  I'm usually thrown off for a moment by people impersonating iconic figures but if they manage to put some personality into it like those two did, then that is a winning formula.

thank you