Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

JARED STRIKES AGAIN!

21 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Kushner:  "There were three phases. There’s the panic phase, the pain phase and then the comeback phase. I do believe that last night symbolized kind of the beginning of the comeback phase. That doesn’t mean there’s not still a lot of pain and there won’t be pain for a while, but that basically was, we’ve now put out rules to get back to work.

Trump’s now back in charge. It’s not the doctors. They’ve kind of – we have, like, a negotiated settlement. "

I liked this line....  :D

"The most dangerous people around the President are over-confident idiots" and that Trump had replaced them with "more thoughtful people who kind of know their place."

Yep, attached to his a s s like REMORA fish.  ;)  :D 

Sepiatone

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

I liked this line....  :D

"The most dangerous people around the President are over-confident idiots" and that Trump had replaced them with "more thoughtful people who kind of know their place."

Yep, attached to his a s s like REMORA fish.  ;)  :D 

Sepiatone

Spoken by an OVERCONFIDENT IDIOT! (Kushner).

4 hours ago, Vautrin said:

We'll be rocking by July. ☠️☠️☠️

I've been reading about some who are voting for the first time in 70 years.  Maybe this is something that you should experience at least once.

50 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

And they say wisdom increases with age. Not. Voting is for the young and naive. 

And here we have Excuse No.3 on Vautrin's List.

Or would this one actually rank higher than third?

I would guess "My one lone vote doesn't mean anything, anyway" as being No.1, and with No.2 being "'Every rightwing nutcase's vote cancels out mine, anyway".

(...I'll bet No.4 is probably something along the lines of "What does it matter in the long run? Nothing's ever going to get better anyway, and no matter who I'd vote for", right Mr. Cynic?, ahem, I mean right Vautrin ol' boy?)

• Haha 1

Yeah, my daughter comes up with lame excuses for not voting.  Some do make a bit of sense, like when she borrowed the SOUTH PARK kids reason of...  "It's like a choice between a **** sandwich and a **** bag. "   I remind her to figure out which candidate insults her intelligence the least and vote for him(or her) and also that there's plenty on the ballot that has a more immediate and profound affect on her life than just who's president.

Oh, and that "his vote cancels out my vote" crap is the dumbest thing I've ever overheard while waiting in line at the polling place.  :rolleyes:

Sepiatone

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited for Language
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, Dargo said:

And here we have Excuse No.3 on Vautrin's List.

Or would this one actually rank higher than third?

I would guess "My one lone vote doesn't mean anything, anyway" as being No.1, and with No.2 being "'Every rightwing nutcase's vote cancels out mine, anyway".

(...I'll bet No.4 is probably something along the lines of "What does it matter in the long run? Nothing's ever going to get better anyway, and no matter who I'd vote for", right Mr. Cynic?, ahem, I mean right Vautrin ol' boy?)

#3 is the dog ate my mail-in ballot, and I don't even have a dog or a mail-in ballot. The your vote cancels out my

vote is understandable in small groups but obviously, at some point, the winner's ballots are not cancelled out

by the loser's. As I get older I become somewhat less cynical, due to lowered expectations over the years. Then

again as Karl Marx succinctly pointed out The executive of the modern state is but a committee for managing the

common affairs of the whole bourgeoisie. :)

18 hours ago, Vautrin said:

And they say wisdom increases with age. Not. Voting is for the young and naive. 

Never understood why you even bother to post on this forum.  If you don't care enough to vote, why even care at all?

7 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Yeah, my daughter comes up with lame excuses for not voting.  Some do make a bit of sense, like when she borrowed the SOUTH PARK kids reason of...  "It's like a choice between a **** sandwich and a **** bag. "   I remind her to figure out which candidate insults her intelligence the least and vote for him(or her) and also that there's plenty on the ballot that has a more immediate and profound affect on her life than just who's president.

Oh, and that "his vote cancels out my vote" crap is the dumbest thing I've ever overheard while waiting in line at the polling place.  :rolleyes:

Sepiatone

One reason I vote is because of the local elections - city & county councils and offices, school boards, etc.  These have a direct impact on the taxes you pay and the services you receive.  The votes can be very, very close on most of these offices.

I actually lost a city council election because people who would have voted for me thought I had it in the bag, so they did not vote.  Many told me this.  Enough to have changed the vote.

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited for Language
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ElCid said:

Never understood why you even bother to post on this forum.  If you don't care enough to vote, why even care at all?

I've never understood the idea that just because one doesn't vote one couldn't still be interested in

politics. After all, 45% to 55% of people don't vote; I expect some of them still have an interest in

politics. And one gets tired of dissing John Wayne.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Vautrin said:

I've never understood the idea that just because one doesn't vote one couldn't still be interested in

politics. After all, 45% to 55% of people don't vote; I expect some of them still have an interest in

politics. And one gets tired of dissing John Wayne.

Of course one can care about politics and still not vote.     

I do wonder if you can vote-by-mail.       I can and it took me < 5 minutes to fill out the ballot,  sign it,  and put it in my mailbox.   Thus I just don't see how someone can't spend < 5 minutes to do their civic duty.    Oh, well.    As long as Trump is sent to the dump,  I'll be happy.   Otherwise I'll be blaming you each and every time I see that orange hair!  

• Like 3
5 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Of course one can care about politics and still not vote.     

I do wonder if you can vote-by-mail.       I can and it took me < 5 minutes to fill out the ballot,  sign it,  and put it in my mailbox.   Thus I just don't see how someone can't spend < 5 minutes to do their civic duty.    Oh, well.    As long as Trump is sent to the dump,  I'll be happy.   Otherwise I'll be blaming you each and every time I see that orange hair!  

If Trump wins by one vote in NC, I will shoulder the entire blame.

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, Vautrin said:

If Trump wins by one vote in NC, I will shoulder the entire blame.

THEN if he won you could blame whoever broke the tie!  ;) 

Sepiatone

9 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

THEN if he won you could blame whoever broke the tie!  ;) 

Sepiatone

Yes and I know it wouldn't be me. Win win.

• Haha 1