Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump pulls statistically even with Biden in Florida; Arizona is a dead heat

President Donald Trump has pulled into a virtual tie with Democratic challenger Joe Biden in Florida, just a week after the former vice president held a narrow lead there, a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll showed on Wednesday.

With less than a week to go before next Tuesday’s election, a second Reuters/Ipsos poll showed that the two candidates remain neck and neck in Arizona.

Reuters/Ipsos is polling likely voters in six states - Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan, North Carolina, Florida and Arizona - that will play critical roles in deciding whether Trump wins a second term in office or if Biden ousts him.

For those that think Biden is up 10 points on Trump, Florida and Arizona would not be close if that was the case. This is why they have professional pollsters, and then there are those that have people who make up polls for political reasons. 2016 is a great example of how making up polls works against a candidate. Hillary had ordered the fireworks and measured the drapes in the White House, and instead she had to blame the Russians.

Biden has said he wants to end fracking and kill off the oil industry, so any states that have energy as a large part of their economy should not vote for Biden.

10 minutes ago, MovieMadness said:

President Donald Trump has pulled into a virtual tie with Democratic challenger Joe Biden in Florida, just a week after the former vice president held a narrow lead there, a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll showed on Wednesday.

With less than a week to go before next Tuesday’s election, a second Reuters/Ipsos poll showed that the two candidates remain neck and neck in Arizona.

Reuters/Ipsos is polling likely voters in six states - Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan, North Carolina, Florida and Arizona - that will play critical roles in deciding whether Trump wins a second term in office or if Biden ousts him.

For those that think Biden is up 10 points on Trump, Florida and Arizona would not be close if that was the case. This is why they have professional pollsters, and then there are those that have people who make up polls for political reasons. 2016 is a great example of how making up polls works against a candidate. Hillary had ordered the fireworks and measured the drapes in the White House, and instead she had to blame the Russians.

Biden has said he wants to end fracking and kill off the oil industry, so any states that have energy as a large part of their economy should not vote for Biden.

Polls taken in Texas since the last debate show it to be incredibly close, which is unheard of in that deeply red oil-rich state.  Trump is trying to make an issue out of that oil thing, but nobody seems to care. Trump will probably win the state, but the closeness is worth noting.

1 hour ago, Swithin said:

Polls taken in Texas since the last debate show it to be incredibly close, which is unheard of in that deeply red oil-rich state.  Trump is trying to make an issue out of that oil thing, but nobody seems to care. Trump will probably win the state, but the closeness is worth noting.

a few nights before election nite 2016 paul begala on CNN said he saw these huge lines of hispanics and their grandfathers at polling places in  texas and predicted a blow-out for Hillary

it never happened.

32 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

a few nights before election nite 2016 paul begala on CNN said he saw these huge lines of hispanics and their grandfathers at polling places in  texas and predicted a blow-out for Hillary

it never happened.

Biden probably won't win Texas. But the polls are worth noting. Begala's comment was just campaign hyperbole. And what about hispanic fathers? 

But this ain't 2016, when we had two candidates with high unfavorability ratings, without one of them reaching 50% in the polls. In the end, the undecideds broke for Trump. This year, Trump has had -- and continues to have -- high unfavorability ratings; while Biden has favorable ratings, and is over 50% in most national polls. And there are hardly any undecideds.

1 hour ago, Swithin said:

Biden probably won't win Texas. But the polls are worth noting. Begala's comment was just campaign hyperbole. And what about hispanic fathers? 

But this ain't 2016, when we had two candidates with high unfavorability ratings, without one of them reaching 50% in the polls. In the end, the undecideds broke for Trump. This year, Trump has had -- and continues to have -- high unfavorability ratings; while Biden has favorable ratings, and is over 50% in most national polls. And there are hardly any undecideds.

well I doan know. if I were a working class democrat voter I woulda wanted biden to give me a reason to drag my posterior out to vote for him instead he says no economic turnaround until after the covid-19 pandemic is over. that ain't exactly a positive message plus not everyone will agree with biden on that.

15 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

well I doan know. if I were a working class democrat voter I woulda wanted biden to give me a reason to drag my posterior out to vote for him instead he says no economic turnaround until after the covid-19 pandemic is over. that ain't exactly a positive message plus not everyone will agree with biden on that.

healthcare healthcare healthcare. And don't forget that an unprecedented number of posteriors have already dragged themselves out, with more to come.

4 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Seems those Latinos don't think border control is racist.

Can just hear the gnashing of teeth on this board. 

Every country has border control.

Every foreign country I've ever entered has made me go through customs and checked out my passport.

There's nothing unusual about it.

8 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

You prefer the rose coloured lies about the pandemic coming from the President. 

13 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Every country has border control.

Every foreign country I've ever entered has made me go through customs and checked out my passport.

There's nothing unusual about it.

Tell that to the majority of CA Dem politicians. 

Anyhow,   I have faith that Biden will try to put in place a reasonable and moderate immigration policy.     But will Congress let him?

E.g. if the Dems gain too much power I can see the "de facto  open border policy"  wing of the Dem party blocking any moderate immigration reform.

Again,  that is what happened in CA.       

Deportation is part of a reasonable and moderate immigration policy.       Any debate should be on the criteria for who is or who is not,  subject to deportation.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Tell that to the majority of CA Dem politicians. 

Anyhow,   I have faith that Biden will try to put in place a reasonable and moderate immigration policy.     But will Congress let him?

E.g. if the Dems gain too much power I can see the "de facto  open border policy"  wing of the Dem party blocking any moderate immigration reform.

Again,  that is what happened in CA.       

Deportation is part of a reasonable and moderate immigration policy.       Any debate should be on the criteria for who is or who is not,  subject to deportation.

California Democrats don't represent the majority of Democrats in the United States or the majority of people in the United States.

It seems most Americans are in sympathy with these dreamers and want to help them out.

But as far as the issues of policing the Southern border, deportation of illegals ect. I think most Americans would like the thing straightened out and to have fairness.

But, it would seem that illegals should expect to be deported because they're here illegally. In my opinion, it's just that simple.

4 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

California Democrats don't represent the majority of Democrats in the United States or the majority of people in the United States.

It seems most Americans are in sympathy with these dreamers and want to help them out.

But as far as the issues of policing the Southern border, deportation of illegals ect. I think most Americans would like the thing straightened out and to have fairness.

But, it would seem that illegals should expect to be deported because they're here illegally. In my opinion, it's just that simple.

I agree with you but if there is a moderate immigration reform bill the US Congress might not be able to pass it due to lack of support from very liberal Dem members of Congress and the hardliners in the GOP (which will be a majority of the GOP).     Both these groups would vote NO but of course, for vastly different reasons:   The liberal Dems because the bill isn't liberal enough and the GOP because the bill is too liberal.        Note this is what killed prior moderate immigration reform.       The GOP was split and there were enough hardliners to block the GOP moderates from getting a majority with the Dem moderates.   

Like I said I have faith in Biden,   but the President only signs bills he doesn't vote for them.       Thus my concern is the potential inability of very liberal Dem wing to support the Dem establishment on immigration reform as well as a host of other issues.      E.g.  If Biden pushed changes to the ACA that wasn't Medicare-for-All,  would the very liberal Dem wing vote to support it?       Same with climate change legislation.  My gut say NO. 

The extreme  wing of a political party is often stubborn and pigheaded and that leads to no compromises and thus no legislation.        

We need to remember that Bernie Bros,  A.O.C. and the squad followers  etc...  are only voting for Joe as the lesser evil.    There elected members of Congress (mainly the House),  may not be willing to compromise because they would be labeled as turncoats and voted out in a primary challenge in 2022. 

PS:  Since you mention DACA:    maybe the Dems could find a compromise and pass piecemeal immigration legislative  (items both liberals and moderate dems favor like DACA),  and thus avoid,  for a time,   splitting the party on the larger,  more complex issues.