Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sean Connery (1930 - 2020)

3 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Wow.....

This wasn't even on the evening news!

Sure, my favorite Bond too, plus  starring in a few of my best liked post Bond movies. 

Rest In Peace Mr. Connery.

Sepiatone

Just now, sewhite2000 said:

Evening news? Didn't this just happen a couple of hours ago, morning in the United States (your avatar says you live in Michigan)? I'm sure it will be on tonight's news.

Sources are saying that he peacefully passed away in his sleep overnight.

• Thanks 2

Wow.  Thanks.  The OP had a link that didn't inform of when he died or from what(besides being 90).  As I'm usually out of here and logged offline by noon each day, I just assumed it happened sometime between then and this morning.  

Sepiatone

My dad told me this over the phone a couple hours ago.  I was like "what?!"  So sad.  I told him that ruined the rest of my day.  I don't have a favorite James Bond actor.  I like them all.  But "Goldfinger" is my favorite Bond movie.  My dad has always been partial to Sean Connery though...not liking the other actors as much.  But I like them.  RIP Sean Connery.  Bond, James Bond.

Lori

• Like 2

My favorite Bond movie is "From Russia With Love."  I believe I read somewhere that Connery considered it his favorite Bond movie as well.  While he was the best Bond, he was far more than James Bond as he proved in so many roles.

After seeing Dr. No, I read all the James Bond novels.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

A fine actor, an incredibly charismatic screen presence and the definitive James Bond, Sean Connery will always have a special place in the hearts of millions of film fans.

sean-connery.jpg

MV5BZDRkNDc1NDctNGVhMS00NWFjLTk1MzUtZjk2

The_Man_Who_Would_Be_King-741612982-larg

the-untouchables-2000.jpg

GettyImages-797670.jpg

RIP, Sir Sean

• Like 10

Sad.  So handsome and sexy and the best James Bond. He was always great in films.  He starred in Finding Forrester when he was an older man, an excellent film and performance. It wasn't just those gorgeous looks. Sean Connery was a fine actor.

RIP

Sir Sean Connery

• Like 5

f1-1.jpg  

Euphemia McBain McLean , mother seated next to Sean.  When he had some success, Sean bought his mother a home in Edinburgh.  I know this as my Uncle sold it to him.

Born on Aug. 25, 1930, in Edinburgh to a mother, Euphemia McBain, who toiled as a cleaning lady, and a father, Joseph, who plugged away in a factory, Connery seemed destined for a far less glamorous life than the one he would later enjoy as one of the most popular leading men of his generation. Indeed, after leaving school at 14, he drudged through a number of blue-collar jobs, from truck driver to milkman — the worst of which, he would later say, was polishing coffins — before discovering acting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5