Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sean Connery (1930 - 2020)

3 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Wow.  Thanks.  The OP had a link that didn't inform of when he died or from what(besides being 90).  As I'm usually out of here and logged offline by noon each day, I just assumed it happened sometime between then and this morning.  

Sepiatone

You’re welcome. Sources aren’t saying what he died from, but his son stated that he had been unwell for some time.

I'm  a big  James  Bond  fan , this year has been  a very tough one for us all.  First  we loose  Honor Blackman , then  Diana Rigg  and  now  Sean  Connery. Sean Connery  was a great actor and was more  than just  James Bond.  I will remember his movies  like  Marnie, The Hill, Murder On the Orient Express, The Man Who  Would Be King , The Wind and The Lion, Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade and  The  Untouchables.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

the world has lost the legendary man who was James Bond.

"sorry, but the rest of you chaps will just have to carry on without me."

Sean Connery James Bond #Jetpack | Sean connery james bond, James bond,  James bond movies

It was interesting to read that Sean Connery died in Nassau - the primary setting for the two THUNDERBALL films!!  

• Like 2

I remember being at the TCM Classic Film Festival in 2015 for two of Sir Sean’s major films:   The Man Who Would Be King (Christopher Plummer in attendance) and The Wind and the Lion (with director John Milius in attendance).  Sean was great in both films proving that his range was a lot broader than just James Bond!!   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGsK9RuNfxw

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Definitely ironic.

He's lived there for about 30 years.  He lived in Marbella, Spain prior to that.  He was strongly for Scottish independence from the UK and had basically stated he'd return to Scotland if they left the UK.

Just now, txfilmfan said:

He's lived there for about 30 years.  He lived in Marbella, Spain prior to that.  He was strongly for Scottish independence from the UK and had basically stated he'd only return to Scotland if they left the UK.

Interesting. I suppose he fell in love with the Bahamas while filming movies there.

Doris Day fell in love with Carmel-by-the-Sea when she made JULIE (1956) there in the mid-50s.

24 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Interesting. I suppose he fell in love with the Bahamas while filming movies there.

Doris Day fell in love with Carmel-by-the-Sea when she made JULIE (1956) there in the mid-50s.

Conveniently it also happens to be a complete tax haven if you are resident.  You get the best of everything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

In honor of Sean Connery, BritBox has introduced a new theme called "Suave Scotsmen."

They are featuring all 27 seasons of the Scottish detective show Taggart; all 5 seasons of the Scottish crime drama Shetland (highly recommended); the first season of the British detective drama Rebus (filmed in Edinburgh); and Stonemouth a Scottish miniseries based on a novel by Iain Banks.

• Thanks 1

It is true that he was 90, but this is still a crushing loss. In addition to being the original James Bond, and a great one at that, he was wonderful in many other films as well like Robin and Marian,  The man Who Would Be king, Marnie, Finding Forrester, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, The Untouchables, The Great Train Robbery, The Anderson Tapes, and The Russia House, which I feel was his finest performance. A real titan of the screen.

• Like 3

I remember seeing a few of Connery's Bond movies in the theater. It was a big deal back in the day.

Of course he had a lot of good roles in addition to Bond, but that's always what he will be remembered

for. It may sound silly, but I always feel a little better when the person who died made it past their

birthday that year, and 90 is a nice round number. I always got a kick out of Celebrity Jeopardy on

SNL and I hope Connery enjoyed it too. R.I.P.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1