Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Lights Go Out in Georgia

Ah-one: President Trump taps Georgia Rep Doug Collins to lead his recount effort in the state. "There must be a check for felons and other ineligible persons who may have cast a ballot," said Collins in a released statement November 10.

QcgK2k4V_bigger.jpg

And ah-two: Georgia Rep Doug Collins campaigning November 2 in Buford, Georgia, with convicted felon Roger Stone. https://rollcall.com/2020/11/03/roll-call-on-the-road-georgia-on-my-mind/

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Bogie56 changed the title to The Lights Go Out in Georgia

pCIcWyCr_bigger.jpg

Brad Raffensperger's wife got these texts on her cell this week: “You better not botch this recount. Your life depends on it.” “Your husband deserves to face a firing squad.” “The Raffenspergers should be put on trial for treason and face execution.”
  • Sad 1
11 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Interesting ad, but these days many elected officials are not originally from where they represent.  Some, mostly Dems(?), are not even from USA.

Also, this ad may not play well in a state that is increasingly home to people who were not born, raised or educated there.

29 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Interesting ad, but these days many elected officials are not originally from where they represent.  Some, mostly Dems(?), are not even from USA.

Also, this ad may not play well in a state that is increasingly home to people who were not born, raised or educated there.

That is only the superficial beginning of the ad.  "She's not from here" applies to her philosophical bent as well as her phsysical presence in the state.  She is for enriching billionaires.  Period.

8 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

That is only the superficial beginning of the ad.  "She's not from here" applies to her philosophical bent as well as her phsysical presence in the state.  She is for enriching billionaires.  Period.

There was an interesting piece in the Washington Post yesterday. It basically said that the LAST thing Georgia needs is swarms of people from the northeast and the west coast descending on Georgia and contacting voters there, telling them how they should vote. The writer said that if you are outside of Georgia, the best thing you can do is contribute money to the campaign effort and if you want to spend your time on the campaign, there is probably tons of clerical work that needs to be done. Let Georgians contact Georgians about these races. Stacey Abrams delivered before, she can do it again. 

5 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Her being from the North is part of the ad and a major part of it at that.  The beginning of ads is what is supposed to grab the viewer so they watch the rest of it.  They emphasized the geography of where she was born and raised, where she went to high school and where she went to college.  A significant part of the ad.

While she is for enriching billionaires, the ad is She's Not From Here, not she is for enriching billionaires.   I live next door to Georgia and have travelled there extensively.  As I noted before, many Georgians were not born in the South, so this ad may not mean much in the context of where she came from.  The Southeastern US has major governmental and business programs to encourage people and companies to move South.  And they are very successful.   I have some ads from the 1950's where Seaboard Air Line Railroad, Atlantic Coast Line Railroad and Southern Railway all reached out to people and companies in the North to move to the South.

How do you know what the creators of the ad had in mind when they created it?  Were you there?  

Incidentally, ads for the GA Senate race are appearing on TV in my S.C. area.

8 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

AND thus the very reason despite this particular political ad never running in my state of Arizona (for obvious reasons) I've once again in this past election have almost worn out the mute button on my TV's remote (including one's for candidates which I will end up voting for), and because once again IT being a political ad which appeals to the electorate's most base instincts...in this case the "fear of the other/the stranger/the outsider"...namely xenophobia. Almost ALL of these insult the intelligence of any THINKING person, and most often contain nothing but outright lies, half-truths and inuendo, and of which the various highly paid campaign managers KNOW that negative campaigning WORKS its little magic on an UNinformed electorate.

AND, the very reason why I've wanted EVERY freakin' political ad BANNED from the airwaves for YEARS now, and for the simple reason that IF cigarette ads can and have been banned from television because they're bad for the Body Human, then THESE damn ads should be banned because they're bad for the Body Politic!

(...but sure, I know, like THIS'LL ever happen!)

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Dargo said:

AND thus the very reason despite this particular political ad never running in my state of Arizona (for obvious reasons) I've once again in this past election have almost worn out the mute button on my TV's remote (including one's for candidates which I will end up voting for), and because once again IT being a political ad which appeals to the electorate's most base instincts...in this case the "fear of the other/the stranger/the outsider"...namely xenophobia. Almost ALL of these insult the intelligence of any THINKING person, and most often contain nothing but outright lies, half-truths and inuendo, and of which the various highly paid campaign managers KNOW that negative campaigning WORKS its little magic on an UNinformed electorate.

AND, the very reason why I've wanted EVERY freakin' political ad BANNED from the airwaves for YEARS now, and for the simple reason that IF cigarette ads can and have been banned from television because they're bad for the Body Human, then THESE damn ads should be banned because they're bad for the Body Politic!

(...but sure, I know, like THIS'LL ever happen!)

I feel sorry for the people in Georgia.  The political ads must be relentless.

32 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

I feel sorry for the people in Georgia.  The political ads must be relentless.

Yep, and relentlessly asinine.

Don't forget that Tex.

(...albeit, needlessly said)

Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R-Ga.) is self-isolating after testing positive for the coronavirus on Friday and then receiving an inconclusive result the next day, a spokesman for her campaign said.

Loeffler has no symptoms and is taking precautions “until retesting is conclusive,” spokesman Stephen Lawson said in a Saturday night statement. The potential disruption to her campaign comes as Loeffler and her Republican colleague, Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga.), try to fend off Democratic challengers in runoff elections that will determine the power balance in the Senate.

Loeffler took two coronavirus tests Friday morning, according to Lawson. One of them, a rapid test, came back negative, and she was cleared to join Vice President Pence at events that day, he said. - Washington Post

If this keeps up on the GOP side of the Senate, Mitch is going to be talking to himself! 

3 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R-Ga.) is self-isolating after testing positive for the coronavirus on Friday and then receiving an inconclusive result the next day, a spokesman for her campaign said.

Loeffler has no symptoms and is taking precautions “until retesting is conclusive,” spokesman Stephen Lawson said in a Saturday night statement. The potential disruption to her campaign comes as Loeffler and her Republican colleague, Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga.), try to fend off Democratic challengers in runoff elections that will determine the power balance in the Senate.

Loeffler took two coronavirus tests Friday morning, according to Lawson. One of them, a rapid test, came back negative, and she was cleared to join Vice President Pence at events that day, he said. - Washington Post

If this keeps up on the GOP side of the Senate, Mitch is going to be talking to himself! 

Can't wait until he OK's all forms of virtual attendance and voting in the Senate.

17 hours ago, mr6666 said:
This is brilliant!

Trump supporters, if you want to own the libs and the corrupt neocon RINOs,

you should absolutely write Trump’s name in for both Georgia Senate seats in January!

Release the kraken!

;)   :rolleyes:

Great idea!  Fewer votes for the actual Republican candidates.