Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Lights Go Out in Georgia

10 hours ago, mr6666 said:

<_<

I watched the debate and was not impressed with either candidate.  Neither one responded to the questions they were asked and instead repeated their prepared speaking points.  Loeffler's use of "radical, liberal Raphael Warnock became very annoying.  According to CNN she used it 14 times, but seemed like more.

I watched CNN's review and think their bias showed.  To me, Loeffler hit all the catch phrases and talking points that she needed to in order to get the GOP base and Republican leaning voters to show up Jan. 5.  Also, to get most independents to vote for her.  Looking at this from the perspective of a non-Georgia Southerner who lives three hours from Atlanta Metro area.

Warnock never refuted her when she said he supported New Green Deal, defunding the police, lowering expenditures on military, insulting the military, raising taxes on people earning $36,000 or more and several other comments.  He just launched into his generic "centering" on the people and helping the people, providing more health care and so forth.

I do think whoever at the RNC or her own campaign committee is advising her on personal appearance needs to be fired.  Her long blonde hair looks more like what a "dancer" at an Atlanta gentleman's club would have.  And I like long blonde hair, but not on a US senator.

Latest polls show Warnock ahead, but it really is too close to call in both races.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, ElCid said:

I watched the debate and was not impressed with either candidate.  Neither one responded to the questions they were asked and instead repeated their prepared speaking points.  Loeffler's use of "radical, liberal Raphael Warnock became very annoying.  According to CNN she used it 14 times, but seemed like more.

I watched CNN's review and think their bias showed.  To me, Loeffler hit all the catch phrases and talking points that she needed to in order to get the GOP base and Republican leaning voters to show up Jan. 5.  Also, to get most independents to vote for her.  Looking at this from the perspective of a non-Georgia Southerner who lives three hours from Atlanta Metro area.

Warnock never refuted her when she said he supported New Green Deal, defunding the police, lowering expenditures on military, insulting the military, raising taxes on people earning $36,000 or more and several other comments.  He just launched into his generic "centering" on the people and helping the people, providing more health care and so forth.

I do think whoever at the RNC or her own campaign committee is advising her on personal appearance needs to be fired.  Her long blonde hair looks more like what a "dancer" at an Atlanta gentleman's club would have.  And I like long blonde hair, but not on a US senator.

Latest polls show Warnock ahead, but it really is too close to call in both races.

Evan McMullin

@EvanMcMullin

·

20h

Senators Perdue and Loeffler received intel warnings about the coming pandemic

and told the public that everything was okay

while quietly moving their money so they'd benefit from the crisis.

It's blatant and deadly corruption that simply cannot be tolerated no matter who it is.

====================================

-was Loeffler questioned on this?

:unsure:

• Thanks 1

Seth Meyers Airs Staggering Supercut Of Kelly Loeffler’s ‘Radical Liberal’ Jibes

"The Georgia senator “malfunctioned and just kept repeating the words over and over like a tipped-over protocol droid,” Meyers said.

If Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R-Ga.) made one thing clear during her Sunday night Senate runoff debate, it’s that she wants to cast her opponent as a “radical liberal.”

According to a supercut on “Late Night with Seth Meyers” Monday night, she dropped the phrase at least 13 times during the hour-long affair...........

“She just malfunctioned and just kept repeating the words over and over like a tipped-over protocol droid,” Meyers said.

“It’s like when a four-year-old learns one new piece of trivia at the zoo and can’t stop repeating it,” he added. .........

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/seth-meyers-radical-liberal-kelly-loeffler_n_5fcef4c9c5b63a1534545a60?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

:rolleyes:   :lol:

14 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Evan McMullin

@EvanMcMullin

·

20h

Senators Perdue and Loeffler received intel warnings about the coming pandemic

and told the public that everything was okay

while quietly moving their money so they'd benefit from the crisis.

It's blatant and deadly corruption that simply cannot be tolerated no matter who it is.

====================================

-was Loeffler questioned on this?

:unsure:

Yes, they did and she responded correctly that she was cleared by the Senate Ethics Committee of any wrongdoing.  Perdue was cleared as well.

8 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Seth Meyers Airs Staggering Supercut Of Kelly Loeffler’s ‘Radical Liberal’ Jibes

"The Georgia senator “malfunctioned and just kept repeating the words over and over like a tipped-over protocol droid,” Meyers said.

If Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R-Ga.) made one thing clear during her Sunday night Senate runoff debate, it’s that she wants to cast her opponent as a “radical liberal.”

According to a supercut on “Late Night with Seth Meyers” Monday night, she dropped the phrase at least 13 times during the hour-long affair...........

“She just malfunctioned and just kept repeating the words over and over like a tipped-over protocol droid,” Meyers said.

“It’s like when a four-year-old learns one new piece of trivia at the zoo and can’t stop repeating it,” he added. .........

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/seth-meyers-radical-liberal-kelly-loeffler_n_5fcef4c9c5b63a1534545a60?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

:rolleyes:   :lol:

But, it probably played well in Red State Georgia which is where she is running.

33 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Yes, they did and she responded correctly that she was cleared by the Senate Ethics Committee of any wrongdoing.  Perdue was cleared as well.

The Senate Ethics Committee.  Now there's an oxymoron.

I think many people will doubt the veracity of that defence in a moral sense.

It is kind of like a cigarette manufacturer saying that they have been cleared of making a product harmful to one's health by Phillip Morris.

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

The Senate Ethics Committee.  Now there's an oxymoron.

I think many people will doubt the veracity of that defence in a moral sense.

It is kind of like a cigarette manufacturer saying that they have been cleared of making a product harmful to one's health by Phillip Morris.

The committee is composed of three Democrats and three Republicans.  Course they are part of the good ol' boy/girl system.

7 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

I didn't see it as so much abandoning the GA runoff as surreptiously trying to motivate Republican leaning voters in GA to vote in Jan. election.  As for Trump's fired lawyer there, "paper ballots only;"  where the heck is she living.  Paper ballots as primary source of voting disappeared decades ago.  My very, very small town does not even use them for our stand alone city elections which usually has between 750 and 1,000 voters.

12 minutes ago, ElCid said:

I didn't see it as so much abandoning the GA runoff as surreptiously trying to motivate Republican leaning voters in GA to vote in Jan. election.  As for Trump's fired lawyer there, "paper ballots only;"  where the heck is she living.  Paper ballots as primary source of voting disappeared decades ago.  My very, very small town does not even use them for our stand alone city elections which usually has between 750 and 1,000 voters.

In the second featured clip another Trump lawyer does call for voters to boycott the Senate election if the two Republican Senators don't do more to overturn the Presidential election results.  The third clip shows Trump doing nothing to silence the crowd to let Pudue speak at the rally leaving Perdue to say "God bless you, Mr. President."  :lol::lol:And the summation of this video  is worth watching too.

Trump calls Georgia's Republican Governor Brian Kemp a 'clown' and demands he hold a special session on ballot signatures to avoid a 'bad day' for GOP Senators in the state's run-off election

Donald Trump calls the Republican governor of Georgia 'a fool' and refers to him as 'this

Donald Trump spent much of Sunday night furiously tweeting about the election result, shortly after midnight referring to the Republican governor of Georgia (right) Brian Kemp as 'a fool' and a 'clown'. Trump is particularly incensed at Kemp because he campaigned for Kemp in 2018, and feels let down by Kemp's lukewarm fight to overturn the election in his state. Kemp has tried half-heartedly, but not pushed the matter as much as the president would have liked.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Trump calls Georgia's Republican Governor Brian Kemp a 'clown' and demands he hold a special session on ballot signatures to avoid a 'bad day' for GOP Senators in the state's run-off election

Donald Trump calls the Republican governor of Georgia 'a fool' and refers to him as 'this

Donald Trump spent much of Sunday night furiously tweeting about the election result, shortly after midnight referring to the Republican governor of Georgia (right) Brian Kemp as 'a fool' and a 'clown'. Trump is particularly incensed at Kemp because he campaigned for Kemp in 2018, and feels let down by Kemp's lukewarm fight to overturn the election in his state. Kemp has tried half-heartedly, but not pushed the matter as much as the president would have liked.

Too bad, DUMPY! BYE, BYE!!!!!! Into the dustbin of history........

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

2020 GOP Cannibalism

3 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

let congress people have their stock portfolios so they can know what it feels like to loose it all.

:)

Nip, I think you mean "lose" it all. To "loose" it all is what Rudy did in court awhile back. With sound effects.  :)

13 hours ago, mr6666 said:

<_<

If I heard correctly, this was done in 2016.  However, it is very strange and the Fulton County, GA board of assessors should immediately reappraise the property.  Per the report, comparable properties in the neighborhood were going up in taxable value, not down.

A neighbor and I appealed our assessments about 20 years ago.  County looked at properties again and raised the assessments again.  We learned our lessons.  Over the past 30 years my property values have never gone down, although the amount of increases has declined.

Might add that the process is not quick.  You have to submit a request for re-appraisal and the county gives you an opportunity to submit documentation to show a lower property value.  Or you can just say you believe it is too high.  Then they look at what you paid for it, any major improvements and the comparables in your area.