Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

the msm is so giddy over the Biden victory...

5 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

they will weaken and enjoy this approaching xmas as a religious holiday.

they are that happy.

:D

Yeah, but ya know who's NOT rejoicing about this whole turn-of-affairs, Nip?

The professional comedians out there.

(...and because of course, this damn electorate has now taken away their easy target who's made it easy because he was such a joke of a President to begin with)

2 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Another advantage to Trump LOSING is that the MSM can get back to actually reporting news about the whole country and world.

WHAT? Are you sayin' you don't think Joe will run White House affairs by use of Twitter? And then whatever he types into it won't be the news' lead story?

Say it ain't so, Joe!

(...I've gotten SO used to that being the case lately, and change HAS always been kind'a hard to me, ya know)

23 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Yeah, but ya know who's NOT rejoicing about this whole turn-of-affairs, Nip?

The professional comedians out there.

(...and because of course, this damn electorate has now taken away their easy target who's made it easy because he was such a joke of a President to begin with)

I think before trump, I hadn't watched SNL in two decades.

The last four years with SNL have been very nostalgic for me and will certainly come to an end this year.

5 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

I think before trump, I hadn't watched SNL in two decades.

The last four years with SNL have been very nostalgic for me and will certainly come to an end this year.

I KNOW! What will SNL's cold openers be like when they won't have poor Donny to (as Nixon once lamented) kick around any more, huh! 

I guess Alec will also be out of this little part-time gig too, huh.

(...just means more work for Harrelson, Carrey or maybe even Sudeikis, I guess...and when Joe makes HIS first faux pas while in office...and that's coming of course)

43 minutes ago, Dargo said:

I KNOW! What will SNL's cold openers be like when they won't have poor Donny to (as Nixon once lamented) kick around any more, huh! 

I guess Alec will also be out of this little part-time gig too, huh.

(...just means more work for Harrelson, Carrey or maybe even Sudeikis, I guess...and when Joe makes HIS first faux pas while in office...and that's coming of course)

Sorry but I doubt very much that Trump will let himself stay out of the limelight after he leaves the WH. In fact, considering the strength of the turnout for him - the second greatest in electoral history - he will still posess a potent power with all those cult followers who still believe his every word. I suspect Trump will remain a pain in the butt for President Biden. That will be an equal pain for many GOPers who would love to move on without him but still fear the wrath of his bonehead supporters. In other words, Alec Baldwin will still be getting some gigs on SNL.

(I only hope that Trump might be a little less of a political pain if he is preoccupied in a few law courts after next January 20th).

• Sad 1
18 minutes ago, TomJH said:

Sorry but I doubt very much that Trump will let himself stay out of the limelight after he leaves the WH. In fact, considering the strength of the turnout for him - the second greatest in electoral history - he will still posess a potent power with all those cult followers who still believe his every word. I suspect Trump will remain a pain in the butt for President Biden. That will be an equal pain for many GOPers who would love to move on without him but still fear the wrath of his bonehead supporters. In other words, Alec Baldwin will still be getting some gigs on SNL.

(I only hope that Trump might be a little less of a political pain if he is preoccupied in a few law courts after next January 20th).

Yep, unfortunately I believe your prediction here will turn out to be almost totally spot-on, Tom. I've actually been saying the same thing for the past few days myself.

I can even see big money being tossed to the guy by rightwing financiers who will set the blowhard up with his own "news" channel, and will then attempt to set himself up as something like "America's Alternate and True President".

(...but I'm afraid your hope up there won't be enough to sidetrack his overall ambitions nor take up enough of his time to lessen them, and because he's always been one of those spoiled little rich boys who "has people" to take care of things like that for him)

2 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Yep, unfortunately I believe your prediction here will turn out to be almost totally spot-on, Tom. I've actually been saying the same thing for the past few days myself.

I can even see big money being tossed to the guy by rightwing financiers who will set the blowhard up with his own "news" channel, and will then attempt to set himself up as something like "America's Alternate and True President".

(...but I'm afraid your hope up there won't be enough to sidetrack his overall ambitions nor take up enough of his time to lessen them, and because he's always been one of those spoiled little rich boys who "has people" to take care of things like that)

Yes, there has been speculation about Trump having his own "news" channel for a few years once he leaves the WH. I'm afraid I agree with you on that one, Dargo. Hope we're wrong. He will still be a divisive, destructive force in America. At least, though, he won't be the autocrat of the nation before which so many of his followers were ready to genuflect.

One more thing, the world is breathing a huge sigh of relief today. The esteem of America will hopefully start to rise again in many quarters, particularly Europe (not to mention Canada). It will be good for them to see the United States as an ally once again, rather than a nationalistic opponent constantly ready to poke them in the eye. Sure there will always be tensions but they will be tensions, once again, between friends.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The eyes of the nation (not to mention several tons of money) will soon turn to Georgia and its two senatorial battles, crucial for the Biden Presidency. Seeing that once ruby red state turn into one of the battleground states (which Biden may yet still win), who's to say that Biden, the Democratic organization and Stacey Abrams won't pull off two Dem victories, unlikely as that would have seemed until recently.