Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The triumph of Joe Biden and healing the nation

1 minute ago, TopBilled said:

I don't have any specific opinions about Melania Trump. I guess because she doesn't offend me or annoy me like her husband does...so she gets a free pass from me!

I was too young to know much about Betty Ford, but learning more about her years later, I think she was definitely an interesting First Lady.

No birther gets a free pass with me.

1 minute ago, Princess of Tap said:

Have you overlook the fact that Michelle Obama had the extra added burden of being the first black person lady?

Yes, of course, but some of the other women had burdens too. I just cannot excuse some of Michelle Obama's actions. 

I have friends like this, where one half of the couple I love, and the spouse/significant other sort of grates on my nerves. Of course you accept them as a "package deal." LOL

You can be sympathetic up to a point, but ultimately it is how the person projects their issues (or deflects them selflessly) that wins you over. Michelle Obama never won me over. I don't go out of my way to dislike her. But I am not a fan of hers, sorry to say.

Let's keep the democratic oligarchy we've always had. Of course Athenian democracy only allowed a

minority of residents to participate. What's the big deal about the British royals? Anyone can be a

parasite. Easiest job in the world. 

• Haha 1

From Simon Lewis at Reuters:

Biden urges safe Thanksgiving amid pandemic; Trump pardons ex-aide Flynn

WILMINGTON, Del. (Reuters) - President-elect Joe Biden pleaded with Americans on Wednesday to take steps to remain safe over the Thanksgiving holiday as COVID-19 cases soar, while President Donald Trump pardoned a former aide who twice pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI.

Biden gave a presidential-style speech acknowledging people’s fatigue with restrictions amid the coronavirus pandemic, but urged them to exercise caution as caseloads surge.

“I know the country has grown weary of the fight. We need to remember - we’re at war with the virus, not with one another,” Biden said as he urged Americans to forgo the type of big family gatherings normally associated with Thursday’s holiday, wear protective masks and maintain social distancing.

The Democratic former vice president again said he would take immediate steps to address the coronavirus pandemic when he takes office on Jan. 20. During the campaign, Biden accused Trump, a Republican, of panicking and surrendering in the face of a public health crisis.

Shortly after Biden spoke, Trump pardoned his former national security adviser Michael Flynn, who had pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with the former Russian ambassador in Washington.