Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The triumph of President Joe Biden and healing the nation

Just now, txfilmfan said:

You'll know if it works as you'll see the actual embedded tweet appear in your response before submitting it.

Maybe it's browser dependent or some setting in your browser.  I use Chrome on a Windows 10 PC.

Thanks. I am using Edge, which is a souped up version of Chrome I believe.

From Time:

"The Secret History of the Shadow Campaign That Saved the 2020 Election"

This is the inside story of the conspiracy to save the 2020 election, based on access to the group’s inner workings, never-before-seen documents and interviews with dozens of those involved from across the political spectrum. It is the story of an unprecedented, creative and determined campaign whose success also reveals how close the nation came to disaster. “Every attempt to interfere with the proper outcome of the election was defeated,” says Ian Bassin, co-founder of Protect Democracy, a nonpartisan rule-of-law advocacy group. “But it’s massively important for the country to understand that it didn’t happen accidentally. The system didn’t work magically. Democracy is not self-executing.”

That’s why the participants want the secret history of the 2020 election told, even though it sounds like a paranoid fever dream–a well-funded cabal of powerful people, ranging across industries and ideologies, working together behind the scenes to influence perceptions, change rules and laws, steer media coverage and control the flow of information. They were not rigging the election; they were fortifying it. And they believe the public needs to understand the system’s fragility in order to ensure that democracy in America endures.

A breakdown from David Freiheit:

On 11/8/2020 at 5:55 PM, NipkowDisc said:

no I think I'm trying to be fair to her but she does seem to have a chip on her shoulder for us white devils...and biden coulda picked a more exemplory person.

she was a prosecutor and like 99% of the politicians in washington is a lawyer so what are her special virtues?

Well for one She Can Actually Talk and Converse in a Straight Line.

..Very Refreshing,.

_

For two ,She Can .. - ... all around go about living and smiling and such and not look like shes constipated all the time or hung over..

😐

Novel ...

On 2/8/2021 at 7:46 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Now we've got a real President in the White House.🤗🤗🤗🤗

,..FRRESHH ,AIRR ,.

🌈🧘‍♂️🧘‍♀️😌🧘‍♂️🧘‍♀️🧘‍♀️🧘‍♀️

I think public opinion should take care of that.  Of course, depending how ignorantly gullible the "publisher's" target readership is.  ;) 

And I see nothing wrong with Top's positive news articles postings.  Good change of pace from the usual barroom brawls here.  :) 

Sepiatone

47 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

I think public opinion should take care of that.  Of course, depending how ignorantly gullible the "publisher's" target readership is.  ;) 

And I see nothing wrong with Top's positive news articles postings.  Good change of pace from the usual barroom brawls here.  :) 

Sepiatone

The Press is the forth estate and I have a lot of respect for them,  but historically one had to be a certified member of the press (we see this as a theme in many older films, where someone tries to gain access (special rights),  using a phony press pass or pretending to be a member of the press).     I.e. the press are granted additional rights not provided to everyday citizens. 

So the concept of who decides who is a journalist and what special-rights they should \ should not have,  has always existed.   It is  just in this Internet age where there are lots of gray areas that have to be ironed out.

• Thanks 1
On 11/8/2020 at 7:56 PM, TopBilled said:

I realised we haven't had a one-term president since George Bush #1. 

Everyone else has had two terms-- Clinton, Bush #2 and Obama.

Jimmy Carter only served one term.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Uh,,,   Carter came before Bush #1.      So the statement of " I realized we haven't had a one-term president since George Bush #1",   is correct.

• Thanks 1
On 2/12/2021 at 9:45 AM, hamradio said:

As James pointed out, the key word in my earlier post was "since." 

I wasn't talking about about terms prior to Bush #1.

the thread title is too long. liberals are always talking about healing. when obama became president he said that is when the earth would start healing...but here we are years later with liberals still complaining.

at some point it gets old.

12 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

the thread title is too long. liberals are always talking about healing. when obama became president he said that is when the earth would start healing...but here we are years later with liberals still complaining.

at some point it gets old.

Yea,  expecting healing is a little too much;   I just want to stop the bleeding! 

• Haha 1