Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The triumph of President Joe Biden and healing the nation

35 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

TB, why has not Barack Obama unsealed all his Harvard scholastic records....especially his speeches?

I doan know. do you?

he's such an academic pinwheel why wouldn't he want us to read his youthful academic brilliance?

maybe there's some alternative theories for the formation of the universe in them.

:lol:

Nip,

You're an interesting guy. But something tells me you didn't come up with these thoughts on your own...perhaps with the help of your favorite news sources?

You were perfectly resigned to Biden winning the election, mid-day on Election Day. Your post about accepting that fact impressed me, where you were saying the Trumpers had four great years and you were okay with Biden supporters having four great years. But then you started turning on the Biden camp, which seems to me like you came under the influence of the Brainwashers. Their propaganda makes you restless, angry and unable to see things clearly for yourself. 

Or so it seems...

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Nip,

You're an interesting guy. But something tells me you didn't come up with these thoughts on your own...perhaps with the help of your favorite news sources?

You were perfectly resigned to Biden winning the election, mid-day on Election Day. Your post about accepting that fact impressed me, where you were saying the Trumpers had four great years and you were okay with Biden supporters having four great years. But then you started turning on the Biden camp, which seems to me like you came under the influence of the Brainwashers. Their propaganda makes you restless, angry and unable to see things clearly for yourself. 

Or so it seems...

It's also a matter of just plain old fun to troll liberals with anything outrageous that comes to mind.

He goes on and on about Obama's school records but says nothing about Michael Cohen threatening Donald Trump's schools with legal actions if they dare to release his results.  Hypocrisy rules.

• Thanks 2

At least I won't have to pay much attention to Jimmy for the next four years, as it's pretty obvious

what he'll be mostly talking about--Biden isn't a leftist but just another moderate Democrat. Yeah, 

who knew? And he'll vent his disappointment on some lefties who, like Bernie and AOC, live in the

real world and not in Jimmy's political fantasy one. Same old, same old.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, HIGHWAY said:

President John F. Kennedy

No President should fear public scrutiny of his program. For from that scrutiny comes understanding; and from that understanding comes support or opposition. And both are necessary. I am not asking your newspapers to support the Administration, but I am asking your help in the tremendous task of informing and alerting the American people. For I have complete confidence in the response and dedication of our citizens whenever they are fully informed.

I not only could not stifle controversy among your readers--I welcome it. This Administration intends to be candid about its errors; for as a wise man once said: "An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it." We intend to accept full responsibility for our errors; and we expect you to point them out when we miss them.

Without debate, without criticism, no Administration and no country can succeed--and no republic can survive. That is why the Athenian lawmaker Solon decreed it a crime for any citizen to shrink from controversy. And that is why our press was protected by the First Amendment-- the only business in America specifically protected by the Constitution- -not primarily to amuse and entertain, not to emphasize the trivial and the sentimental, not to simply "give the public what it wants"--but to inform, to arouse, to reflect, to state our dangers and our opportunities, to indicate our crises and our choices, to lead, mold, educate and sometimes even anger public opinion.

Ya know HIGHWAY, I have it on good authority that a formal letter VERY similarly written to this one was a first draft done by one of Donald J. Trump's assistants, and was going to be sent to the N.Y. Times.

However, after he read it, and because our current POTUS couldn't understand any of the bigger words nor historical references in it, he crumpled it up and threw it in the Oval Office trash can, and then instead took out his cellphone, hit his Twitter app and sent out the following:

"Dam you newspaper peeple! Your nothing but a bunch of haters who never give me a brake!"

(...what?...who was that "good authority" of mine you ask?...oh, "just a little bird", as they say)

• Haha 2

Actually DARG, Trump crumpled up that draft not because he couldn't understand the bigger words or historical references, but because he WAS able to figure out it meant that he was OK with public scrutiny of him and his administration.  And, as we all know, Donny was never one, for the last 70+ years, that felt he should be scrutinized by ANYONE, for any reason.  That he should just be allowed to do whatever his tiny mind had an inkling to do with no questions asked.  Because, in his mind, he was president.  And his words and actions, according to his thought process, were sancrosanct!

Sepiatone

I read this on Facebook earlier and it echoes why I created this thread:

We can do a lot to heal division after he's gone just by understanding the psychology of brand adoption as it shapes self-identity. Trump support is an emotional reflex and beyond the reach of logic, so we engage in healing the emotional scars after the source of the damage is removed. It's like a large scale intervention for post-cult reintegration.

2 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

I read this on Facebook earlier and it echoes why I created this thread:

We can do a lot to heal division after he's gone just by understanding the psychology of brand adoption as it shapes self-identity. Trump support is an emotional reflex and beyond the reach of logic, so we engage in healing the emotional scars after the source of the damage is removed. It's like a large scale intervention for post-cult reintegration.

Unfortunately, he's not going anywhere.  Even after he's no longer president, he's not going to fade from public view until he goes to jail or dies.  He will continue to stir the pot, and rile his supporters.  You can pretty  much guarantee he will unleash tweets daily railing against the incoming administration, with a few thrown in for Clinton and Obama to boot. 

2 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

Unfortunately, he's not going anywhere.  Even after he's no longer president, he's not going to fade from public view until he goes to jail or dies.  He will continue to stir the pot, and rile his supporters.  You can pretty  much guarantee he will unleash tweets daily railing against the incoming administration, with a few thrown in for Clinton and Obama to boot. 

I think his downfall has started. All "good" villains get their comeuppance. His will be slow and painful, which is how it should be.

Why Biden should pardon Trump — and we Democrats should want him to

Sure, the president doesn't deserve it. But it has a lot of upsides for Biden, those who seek his prosecution and for the American people.

"......Right now, even after the Trump presidency that Americans believe was divisive, polls suggest that enormous numbers of Americans still believe that we have more in common with one another than what separates us. There is an opportunity to rediscover our common ground with one another — and the way forward does not involve relitigating the last four years in federal criminal court.

Like Ford, pardoning his predecessor will subject Biden to intense, scathing criticism.......

A Biden pardon of Trump, like the pardoning of former President Richard Nixon 46 years ago, would be intended to heal the nation and foreclose the possibility of an ongoing cycle of retribution after political parties change control of the government...........

Ford was protecting his former boss and the leader of his party, while Biden would be breaking a promise in order to pardon an unrepentant political opponent who spent his term dismantling the legacy of the Obama-Biden administration.

But Biden’s pledge was made before the closeness of our election revealed how many Americans wanted Trump to remain in office despite his misconduct (or the election results).

Clearly, a Biden administration investigation, let alone the prosecution, of Trump could well make the former president even more of a martyr to his millions of followers, fuel a further escalation of the existing partisan divisions and even lead to civil unrest.

It may seem fair and emotionally fulfilling to treat Trump as he so often threatened to treat his own political opponents. But Biden made the case that he, and the country, ought to be better than that. As unsatisfying as a pardon would sit with many of us, this tough decision would be one good way to begin the healing Biden offered."

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/why-biden-should-pardon-trump-we-democrats-should-want-him-ncna1247986?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma

:huh:

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Why Biden should pardon Trump — and we Democrats should want him to

Sure, the president doesn't deserve it. But it has a lot of upsides for Biden, those who seek his prosecution and for the American people.

"......Right now, even after the Trump presidency that Americans believe was divisive, polls suggest that enormous numbers of Americans still believe that we have more in common with one another than what separates us. There is an opportunity to rediscover our common ground with one another — and the way forward does not involve relitigating the last four years in federal criminal court.

Like Ford, pardoning his predecessor will subject Biden to intense, scathing criticism.......

A Biden pardon of Trump, like the pardoning of former President Richard Nixon 46 years ago, would be intended to heal the nation and foreclose the possibility of an ongoing cycle of retribution after political parties change control of the government...........

Ford was protecting his former boss and the leader of his party, while Biden would be breaking a promise in order to pardon an unrepentant political opponent who spent his term dismantling the legacy of the Obama-Biden administration.

But Biden’s pledge was made before the closeness of our election revealed how many Americans wanted Trump to remain in office despite his misconduct (or the election results).

Clearly, a Biden administration investigation, let alone the prosecution, of Trump could well make the former president even more of a martyr to his millions of followers, fuel a further escalation of the existing partisan divisions and even lead to civil unrest.

It may seem fair and emotionally fulfilling to treat Trump as he so often threatened to treat his own political opponents. But Biden made the case that he, and the country, ought to be better than that. As unsatisfying as a pardon would sit with many of us, this tough decision would be one good way to begin the healing Biden offered."

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/why-biden-should-pardon-trump-we-democrats-should-want-him-ncna1247986?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma

:huh:

Yeah, and Eliot Ness should have just let Al Capone go scot-free.:o

Nobody is above the law.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Nobody is above the law.

".........a federal pardon wouldn’t eliminate all of Trump’s potential criminal exposure. The Supreme Court last year declined to overrule long-standing precedent which allows parallel state and federal prosecutions based upon the same facts.

Accepting a federal pardon — especially a pardon for crimes violating both federal and state laws — would be a double-edged sword for the president.

So, a presidential pardon would not bar Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance from investigating and potentially prosecuting Trump and his company for crimes under state law. And his investigation already led to a Supreme Court ruling this summer rejecting Trump’s claim of immunity from criminal investigation while president.

Accepting a federal pardon — especially a pardon for crimes violating both federal and state laws — would be a double-edged sword for the president. And whatever the result of any state investigation or prosecution, it could not be laid at Biden’s doorstep.

It would not be his appointees investigating the former president, his recent political adversary; it would not be his employees prosecuting him. In fact, a pardon from Biden would mean that they could not........"

And yet ANOTHER thought to consider here would be all the costs involved in prosecuting Trump and which could be better used to help feed the hom...the homel...the homele...

(...oh screw it, FRY the sucker!)

;)

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Nobody is above the law.

Wait! Wasn't this the very plot in The Untouchables, season II, episode VII ???

(...no wait...THAT'S right...Bob Stack let one of Capone's little lieutenants go scot-free after he promised to turn state's evidence for him, huh...never mind)

28 minutes ago, Dargo said:

And yet ANOTHER thought to consider here would be all the costs involved in prosecuting Trump and which could be better used to help feed the hom...the homel...the homele...

(...oh screw it, FRY the sucker!)

;)

As Mary Trump attested, Donald has pushed the envelope of impropriety all of his life because people have always allowed him to get away with it.  It is time to send a message that no one is above the law.  Stuff like the unreacted Mueller report is going to come out.  I say let the chips fall where they may.  Biden doesn't have to do anything.

2 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

As Mary Trump attested, Donald has pushed the envelope of impropriety all of his life because people have always allowed him to get away with it.  It is time to send a message that no one is above the law.  Stuff like the unreacted Mueller report is going to come out.  I say let the chips fall where they may.  Biden doesn't have to do anything.

True, and besides Bogie, the idea that if Joe DOES come right out and say something like "Our long national nightmare is over" and then pardons Fat Boy, something like could ALSO spark a resurgence of Disco, Mood Rings and Leisure Suits TOO, and we certainly wouldn't want THAT to happen EITHER now would we?!!!

(...history be damned!!!)

• Haha 2
  • TopBilled changed the title to The triumph of President Joe Biden and healing the nation