Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cute little British movie about a couple in the war.

In he spring of 2019 I watched a movie that is along the lines of Brief Encounters and The Strange Love of Martha Ivers. There was a TCM dedication to these kinds of movies. The husband and wife shared a small apartment in England and they fell out of love and then she goes into the army within the ladies division and reunites with her man. She has a fun sidekick lady and the wife reads his letters. This was a black and white movie from maybe 1941. Please tell me the title. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 hour ago, ytalaganis said:

In he spring of 2019 I watched a movie that is along the lines of Brief Encounters and The Strange Love of Martha Ivers. There was a TCM dedication to these kinds of movies. The husband and wife shared a small apartment in England and they fell out of love and then she goes into the army within the ladies division and reunites with her man. She has a fun sidekick lady and the wife reads his letters. This was a black and white movie from maybe 1941. Please tell me the title. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

It sounds like an American film called NEVER WAVE AT A WAC. Rosalind Russell and Paul Douglas play the couple, and quirky Marie Wilson is Russell's gal pal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Never_Wave_at_a_WAC

Even if this isn't the film you're remembering, you may still enjoy it. It can be found on YouTube.