Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Republicans won 2020 Election, except for Trump


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

This is when the very extreme far left wraps around and might as well be the very extreme far right.  Wing nuts.  The Squad are not that far left thankfully.  As James Clyburn said 'defund the police' are words that are misused and then used against democrats.   None of the elected democrats want to abolish the police.

While The Squad isn't  "that far left" they have yet to actively and openly denounce them (as far as I know).       They need to to counter GOP propaganda. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

While The Squad isn't  "that far left" they have yet to actively and openly denounce them (as far as I know).       They need to to counter GOP propaganda. 

I have seen Omar and Cortez on tv recently and though that wasn't specifically put to them both talked about being pragmatic while also being a voice for progressive values.  So they are trying to counter the GOP propaganda but who wants to listen?  

This defund the police is more about shifting monies around into mental health care issues etc. which they think either the police should be given more funding for better training or have special people to deal with those issues.  Like hostage negotiators.  I'm not doing their views justice with this very short post.

Clyburn talked about the Republicans stigmatizing these sort of things by sloganeering.  Defund the Police, etc.  He used an example from the Civil Rights era which I cannot remember right now which he said was then used against blacks.

The funny thing is as Bernie says - health care for all is not a radical left idea.  It certainly isn't viewed that way in most places in the world.  Even the Conservative Governments in Canada and Britain champion the health care systems.

I do wish America luck in getting these things sorted to the satisfaction of a majority.  Immigration, health care, gun control, etc.   But what I really wish for is some more stability in the White House.  Better partnerships with other countries and not a new crisis every single day.  Seeing America go down an authoritarian path and the GOP embracing that is very disturbing and would have an effect beyond America's borders.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Yes.  I don't know if it is true of not but someone on tv pointed out that no democrat who ran on a progressive platform lost a seat.  The results did vary from place to place.

When all the races are finished in the next week or so we will know exactly who won and who lost and

see how many of these seats were secure and how many were just marginally Democratic, then the

Dems will do one of those political post mortems. They should consider that when it comes to having

factual knowledge many of these voters are as dumb as tree stumps and act accordingly. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

When all the races are finished in the next week or so we will know exactly who won and who lost and

see how many of these seats were secure and how many were just marginally Democratic, then the

Dems will do one of those political post mortems. They should consider that when it comes to having

factual knowledge many of these voters are as dumb as tree stumps and act accordingly. 

At least they vote.😀

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Which is more evidence that there is no relationship between intelligence and voting. :)

70% of Republican voters believe that the election was rigged and that Donald Trump won.  Right there we can put a number on the amount of people who are braindead in America.

Trump and Rupert Murdoch are doing a good job convincing people that the United States is incapable of holding a free and fair election.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

70% of Republican voters believe that the election was rigged and that Donald Trump won.  Right there we can put a number on the amount of people who are braindead in America.

Trump and Rupert Murdoch are doing a good job convincing people that the United States is incapable of holding a free and fair election.

I saw a lower figure, but 70% would not surprise me at all. You could have figured that screaming vote fraud

24/7 would be the Trump playbook. These are probably the same people who think common sense Covid

precaution at Thanksgiving is Orwellian.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

70% of Republican voters believe that the election was rigged and that Donald Trump won.  Right there we can put a number on the amount of people who are braindead in America.

Trump and Rupert Murdoch are doing a good job convincing people that the United States is incapable of holding a free and fair election.

Do you have a source for that number?  I haven't seen it that high and neither has Vautrain.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Debbie Mucarsel-Powell. (D) US representative from FL was on either MSNBC or CNN this morning to discuss why she lost.  Basically because the Republicans were so much better at targeted messaging and getting out the vote.  Also, most of the messaging was misinformation.  She is from South America and was elected in 2018.  One of two Dems to have their districts in FL flipped.

With the re-election of Pelosi as speaker and selection of Hoyer and Clyburn as her assistants, I doubt the Dems will fare very well in 2022.  NOT that they need more from the left or the Progressives, but they need new people that can create messaging to counteract the false messaging from the Republicans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ElCid said:

 

Do you have a source for that number?  I haven't seen it that high and neither has Vautrain.

It is the number they have been quoting on CNN approximately every hour for the past two days.  It is from a poll.  Kevin McCarthy also quoted it by way of saying Biden did not have a mandate.  The CNN pundit pointed out that the reason why people don't trust the election results is because of people like him.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Debbie Mucarsel-Powell. (D) US representative from FL was on either MSNBC or CNN this morning to discuss why she lost.  Basically because the Republicans were so much better at targeted messaging and getting out the vote.  Also, most of the messaging was misinformation.  She is from South America and was elected in 2018.  One of two Dems to have their districts in FL flipped.

With the re-election of Pelosi as speaker and selection of Hoyer and Clyburn as her assistants, I doubt the Dems will fare very well in 2022.  NOT that they need more from the left or the Progressives, but they need new people that can create messaging to counteract the false messaging from the Republicans.

Apparently the Dems unlike the GOP had virtually no ground game in Florida until it was too late.  This was a decision made due to the pandemic which the GOP was ignoring of course.

Fox News which apparently the majority of Floridians watch and the GOP propaganda machine did a good job with their usual fear campaign.

People are too susceptible unfortunately to the evils of Rupert Murdoch's messaging.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Apparently the Dems unlike the GOP had virtually no ground game in Florida until it was too late.  This was a decision made due to the pandemic which the GOP was ignoring of course.

Fox News which apparently the majority of Floridians watch and the GOP propaganda machine did a good job with their usual fear campaign.

People are too susceptible unfortunately to the evils of Rupert Murdoch's messaging.

Mucarsel-Powell stated that Covid-19 caused changes in how she campaigned.  But she also said she knocked on 23,000 doors, but this may have meant her campaign workers as well as herself.   So, she had a "ground game."

She attributed the loss mostly to the misinformation spread by the GOP and their allies through social media, advertising and so forth.   The "S" word was predominant in this - Socialism.  Of course, that is her reasoning so there may be more to why she lost.  Basically, she was saying the Dems lost the Latino votes in FL, TX and elsewhere.  Managed to get many in AZ and NV though.

Do you have anything to show that the majority of Floridians watch Fox News?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ElCid said:

Mucarsel-Powell stated that Covid-19 caused changes in how she campaigned.  But she also said she knocked on 23,000 doors, but this may have meant her campaign workers as well as herself.   So, she had a "ground game."

She attributed the loss mostly to the misinformation spread by the GOP and their allies through social media, advertising and so forth.   The "S" word was predominant in this - Socialism.  Of course, that is her reasoning so there may be more to why she lost.  Basically, she was saying the Dems lost the Latino votes in FL, TX and elsewhere.  Managed to get many in AZ and NV though.

Do you have anything to show that the majority of Floridians watch Fox News?

Many of these non-progressive Dems just ignored the "S" word instead of addressing it head-on;   E.g. saying something like "I don't support most of the policy positions of A.O.C. and the Squad".        The same goes with massive defunding of the police,  disbanding of the police,  being soft on violent protesters and other policy positions of the far-far-left (which The Squad appears to NOT support but again,   are not vocal about that, since some of the far-far-left are part of their base).

As part of the soul searching I believe in 2022 these non-progressive \ moderate Dems will be a lot more aggressive toward far-left positions and associated Dem politicians that hold them.  They need to be in order to counter GOP misinformation.    (and some of those GOP talking points are NOT misinformation,  but reality,,,  e.g.  BLM L.A. chapter calling for 95% reduction in the police budget).

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ElCid changed the title to Republicans won 2020 Election, except for Trump

Thought I would change the title of this thread.

Lest anyone think differently, the Republicans won the US election in Nov. 2020, except for Trump and a few races.  They won more seats in the House which puts them in a good spot to take over the House in 2022.  They won control of more state governments than they had before the election.

Biggest challenge now is to see if GOPers can keep one or both Senate seats from Georgia.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

On 11/19/2020 at 6:54 AM, Bogie56 said:

It is the number they have been quoting on CNN approximately every hour for the past two days.  It is from a poll.  Kevin McCarthy also quoted it by way of saying Biden did not have a mandate.  The CNN pundit pointed out that the reason why people don't trust the election results is because of people like him.

Well sure, Bogie. When ya got a guy who seems as adamant and passionate about voicing his opinions as THIS, people often begin to believe the stuff he's spoutin'...

 

 6c436896eec3e337243fa1e8aee4fbc6.jpg

(...hey, just thought it might be time for a little comic relief in THIS thread here now too, that's all)  ;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...