Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BAD MOVIE ALERT!!!

I LOVE how the exclamation point is part of the title! Worse was to come with TROG. At least BERSERK! is campily entertaining.

• Haha 1
On 11/14/2020 at 1:45 AM, Hibi said:

I love how there is always a dark shadow under Joan's jawline in her trailer scenes.........

That and 10 pounds of necklace to distract the eye were apparently her beauty regimen at that point in her life.

• Haha 2

Actually, Joan in her later years has always reminded me of an aunt I had who lived in San Bernardino.

Although, I don't recall if Aunt Bess also had a thing against wire coathangers.

(...saaay, maybe I should ring up my cousin Judy and find out...haven't talked to her for YEARS now...oh wait, I think I've heard she died a while back too...guess I'll never know the answer to this then, huh)

1 hour ago, Janet0312 said:

Gee. I thought she  kept her figure. At least she had that going for her.

Btw here Janet, with your (and Sepia's) "laugh" emoji response to my first comment in this thread, it appears you caught my reference to Ty Hardin and word "berserk" here, eh?!  ;)

• Haha 1

I was clicking between this flick and Newsmax for some comic relief. The idea of guys trying to

make it with Joan was......a little off putting. I'm sure Miss Joan liked the ego stroke that idea

gave her. And I would have replaced Ty Hardin with Try Harder. I wonder if the Rolling Stones

were influenced by that scene of a spike right through someone's head. A funny line from

a review by Leslie Halliwell--"Grisly and unattractive thriller with an ageing star in a series of

unsuitably abbreviated costumes." Actually Joan didn't look too back from the front, but when

she was in profile, yikes. I did like the sharp suits that the London detective wore, so it wasn't a

total waste of time.

8 hours ago, Dargo said:

Btw here Janet, with your (and Sepia's) "laugh" emoji response to my first comment in this thread, it appears you caught my reference to Ty Hardin and word "berserk" here, eh?!  ;)

That's right. So what?

2 hours ago, Janet0312 said:

That's right. So what?

Just thought you might have known about Ty's later-in-life and post-Hollywood career berserk little escapades in Prescott AZ.

And thus perhaps the reason for your earlier laugh emoji response to my first post in this thread.

(...that's all)

19 hours ago, Janet0312 said:

Gee. I thought she  kept her figure. At least she had that going for her.

She did. She fought the good fight. And, to be honest, the picture I posted was one she commissioned sometime in the following decade. And when age and vanity finally collided after she saw an unflattering candid shot in the newspaper, she withdrew from public life.

9 hours ago, Dargo said:

Just thought you might have known about Ty's later-in-life and post-Hollywood career berserk little escapades in Prescott AZ.

And thus perhaps the reason for your earlier laugh emoji response to my first post in this thread.

(...that's all)

Actually, I didn't know about Ty's AZ "escapades" until the '88 movie BETRAYED came out and although the producers claimed it was based on another group's activities, the reviewer in the Detroit Free Press mentioned the group in the movie seemed(to him) to be similar too, to Ty's group of haters.

Sepiatone

21 hours ago, Dargo said:

(...that's all)

Hokey Smokes, Bullwinkle!  You learn the craziest things about people on IMDB.  Sad...😧

Still, I like to watch "Berserk!".  It's a guilty pleasure of mine, just like "Faster Pussycat, Kill Kill" is.

On 11/15/2020 at 8:51 AM, DougieB said:

She did. She fought the good fight. And, to be honest, the picture I posted was one she commissioned sometime in the following decade. And when age and vanity finally collided after she saw an unflattering candid shot in the newspaper, she withdrew from public life.

The picture you refer to was taken at some party for Roz Russell where Joan was drunk (as usual). It's probably on the web somewhere. Roz didnt look good either (due to the steroids she was taking). When it made the papers, Joan said something like if that's how I look I won't be seen again....

22 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Actually, I didn't know about Ty's AZ "escapades" until the '88 movie BETRAYED came out and although the producers claimed it was based on another group's activities, the reviewer in the Detroit Free Press mentioned the group in the movie seemed(to him) to be similar too, to Ty's group of haters.

Sepiatone

Ty would fit right in today.....

1 minute ago, Hibi said:

The picture you refer to was taken at some party for Roz Russell where Joan was drunk (as usual). It's probably on the web somewhere. Roz didnt look good either (due to the steroids she was taking). When it made the papers, Joan said something like if that's how I look I won't be seen again....

There were several photos taken, as Crawford was the hostess for a party honoring Russell at the Rainbow Room.  There's also grainy video footage from the event.

This photo is the one most people post when they talk about Joan's reaction to the press coverage the next day.

ra

If you excise the often boring circus acts, the film is probably an hr or so long. What's never explained in the film

SPOILER

Is how Judy Geeson managed those first 2 murders when she was off in boarding school. I do like the deus ex machina ending though.

Joan seems exceptionally nasty to Diana Dors in their scenes. I suspect there was a bit of jealousy going on there.