Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Academy Museum of Motion Pictures to Display Debbie Reynolds' Collection

3 hours ago, DougieB said:

Mannequins living in the attic is a movie treatment waiting to happen. Then maybe years from now, the Academy Museum would bid a fortune for the mannequins themselves, to be housed near the Debbie Reynolds collection. (I have to ask: Do they have names?)

It's already a GEICO commercial

• Like 1
14 hours ago, DougieB said:

Mannequins living in the attic is a movie treatment waiting to happen. Then maybe years from now, the Academy Museum would bid a fortune for the mannequins themselves, to be housed near the Debbie Reynolds collection. (I have to ask: Do they have names?)

And then there is that one notable Twilight Zone episode featuring a young and beautiful Anne Francis who doesn't know that she is in fact a department store mannequin who had been granted her time out in the world as a living breathing human.

(...one of Serling's better episodes, I've always thought)

18 hours ago, txfilmfan said:
22 hours ago, DougieB said:

(I have to ask: Do they have names?)

It's already a GEICO commercial

Haha I LOL when I saw that commercial.

No, the mannequins don't have names, although when someone wants to smoke I'll say, "Gotta smoke upstairs with Marsha" It's the "Smoking Area" because the smell dissipates upward & out.

My gals (& one creepy 1940's child) are actually set up in front of the window around a small table surrounded by chairs just like in the commercial. Arms, legs & torsos hang from the rafters.

I light them up at Halloween, they totally creep out anyone who sees them. It's funny they're always there but no one ever looks up. 

7 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

...My gals (& one creepy 1940's child) are actually set up in front of the window around a small table surrounded by chairs just like in the commercial. Arms, legs & torsos hang from the rafters.

I light them up at Halloween, they totally creep out anyone who sees them. It's funny they're always there but no one ever looks up. 

And taking a page from William Castle's playbook, it sounds like it'd be a good place to show Kubrick's second ever film here, Tiki...

x7s61qobpttipqvfitkl.jpg

• Like 1