Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Republicans plan to steal the election


Recommended Posts

It appears that one purpose of all the Republican lawsuits and calls for recounts and so forth in several states that Biden fairly won is to encourage the Republican controlled legislatures in those states to STEAL the election from the people.

The hope is that the Republicans vote to not accept the will of the people, but to rather elect slates of Trump friendly electors to throw the election.

 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeh, a couple of Republican legislators in, I believe, Wayne County, Michigan just tried that last evening and then were forced to back off. Trump tweeted, thanking them for their courage. I guess in Republican parlance "courage" is another name for overturning the vote of the people.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ElCid said:

It appears that one purpose of all the Republican lawsuits and calls for recounts and so forth in several states that Biden fairly won is to encourage the Republican controlled legislatures in those states to STEAL the election from the people.

The hope is that the Republicans vote to not accept the will of the people, but to rather elect slates of Trump friendly electors to throw the election.

 

Many of the lawsuits have been thrown out, recounts on close call elections are expected and normal.  Biden will be president January 20th.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'know TOM, the news SAYS Wayne County, but as a Wayne County resident I  know the  target there was the African-American majority city of DETROIT.  

And several other news reports claim that Trump spends his days "hunkering" down in the white house, just sitting there watching TV and tweeting all day.  :D 

Sort of like having HOWARD HUGHES as president! ;) 

Sepiatone

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Y'know TOM, the news SAYS Wayne County, but as a Wayne County resident I  know the  target there was the African-American majority city of DETROIT.  

And several other news reports claim that Trump spends his days "hunkering" down in the white house, just sitting there watching TV and tweeting all day.  :D 

Sort of like having HOWARD HUGHES as president! ;) 

Sepiatone

Charles Foster Kane

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, ElCid said:

It appears that one purpose of all the Republican lawsuits and calls for recounts and so forth in several states that Biden fairly won is to encourage the Republican controlled legislatures in those states to STEAL the election from the people.

The hope is that the Republicans vote to not accept the will of the people, but to rather elect slates of Trump friendly electors to throw the election.

 

It's not going to work........

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Y'know TOM, the news SAYS Wayne County, but as a Wayne County resident I  know the  target there was the African-American majority city of DETROIT.  

And several other news reports claim that Trump spends his days "hunkering" down in the white house, just sitting there watching TV and tweeting all day.  :D 

Sort of like having HOWARD HUGHES as president! ;) 

Sepiatone

The one GOP  person was ok with certifying the REST of the county, but NOT Detroit!  How blatant can you be? (It's 80% Black, right?)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Many of the lawsuits have been thrown out, recounts on close call elections are expected and normal.  Biden will be president January 20th.

Agreed, but the "plan," such as it is, is to create an environment where the Republican controlled legislatures can reject the votes of the people and elect their own GOP friendly electors.  Personally I think it will fail, but they are still trying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hibi said:

The one GOP  person was ok with certifying the REST of the county, but NOT Detroit!  How blatant can you be? (It's 80% Black, right?)

Yep.  And stayed level at that rate since Coleman Young first took the Mayoral office in '73.

Sepiatone

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hibi said:

The one GOP  person was ok with certifying the REST of the county, but NOT Detroit!  How blatant can you be? (It's 80% Black, right?)

From the news reports, it was two GOP people and they certify the county.  So, they would throw out the Trump votes in order to throw out the far more Biden votes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ElCid said:

Agreed, but the "plan," such as it is, is to create an environment where the Republican controlled legislatures can reject the votes of the people and elect their own GOP friendly electors.  Personally I think it will fail, but they are still trying. 

Yes, its obvious what they are trying to do as the lawsuits aren't working. It's not going to work though. Maybe Lady Lindsey should start traveling around to these states to  co-ordinate things......

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ElCid said:

From the news reports, it was two GOP people and they certify the county.  So, they would throw out the Trump votes in order to throw out the far more Biden votes.

The reasoning behind why ONE of them stated she would be ok certifying the rest of the county, NOT Detroit!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Click on the Huffpost link. One of the two Republican legislators involved has posted racist crap in the past. What does this say about the Republican party, from the President on down?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The dopey duo of Dick Morris and Alan Dershowitz were on Newsmax today putting forth some of

the crazier possibilities, among them trying to get the Republican controlled legislatures of some of

the battleground states that Biden won to reject the voters' choice and appoint their own Trump

supporting electoral college slate. Morris is very enthusiastic about it, but Dersh said it would take

a perfect storm for everything to fall into place. I saw a day or two ago that some of these legislators

have already said they won't do this, so it's not likely to move forward. Awwww. (Just to be clear, they

were not on at the same time, but one came on right after the other).

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Heh....yeah-----

NEWSMAX.  :rolleyes:   Claiming to have no bias or BS.  And THAT claim is BS enough.  ;) 

Sepiatone

I think I have watched Newsmax a couple of times very briefly.  They make Fox look conservative.

Link to post
Share on other sites

OH, BROTHER! Now the 2 MI GOP idiots are trying to rescind their voter certification votes! How many times are you allowed to change your vote??? DUMP must've called them! (or Rudy) What a clown show.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hibi said:

OH, BROTHER! Now the 2 MI GOP idiots are trying to rescind their voter certification votes! How many times are you allowed to change your vote??? DUMP must've called them! (or Rudy) What a clown show.

He did call them and they changed their minds after that call.  From what I understand it doesn't matter - any dispute now goes up to the state level.

Link to post
Share on other sites

"I did receive a call from President Trump, late Tuesday evening, after the meeting,” Monica Palmer, one of two Republican members of the four-member Wayne County canvassing board, told The Post. “He was checking in to make sure I was safe after hearing the threats and doxing that had occurred.” - Washington Post

Ha. Ha. If she thinks Donald Trump is concerned about anybody but himself she has much to learn.  And, yes, they were willing to certify Wayne county MINUS  the city of Detroit. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

"I did receive a call from President Trump, late Tuesday evening, after the meeting,” Monica Palmer, one of two Republican members of the four-member Wayne County canvassing board, told The Post. “He was checking in to make sure I was safe after hearing the threats and doxing that had occurred.” - Washington Post

Ha. Ha. If she thinks Donald Trump is concerned about anybody but himself she has much to learn.  And, yes, they were willing to certify Wayne county MINUS  the city of Detroit. 

ROFL!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

November 19, 2020 at 2:50 p.m. EST

"DETROIT — President Trump has invited the leaders of Michigan’s Republican-controlled state legislature to meet him in Washington on Friday, according to a person familiar with those plans, as the president and his allies continue an extraordinary campaign to overturn the results of an election he lost.

Trump’s campaign has suffered defeats in courtrooms across the country in its efforts to allege irregularities with the ballot-counting process, and has failed to muster any evidence of the widespread fraud that the president continues to claim tainted the 2020 election.

Trump lost Michigan by a wide margin: at present, he trails President-Elect Joseph R. Biden in the state by 157,000 votes. Earlier this week, the state’s Republican Senate Majority Leader said an effort to have legislators throw out election results was “not going to happen.”" - Washington Post

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Heh....yeah-----

NEWSMAX.  :rolleyes:   Claiming to have no bias or BS.  And THAT claim is BS enough.  ;) 

Sepiatone

Newsmax is pure right wing bs for sure, but it's some of most entertaining bs on TV. The Giuliani

presser this afternoon was a total laff riot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LsDoorMat said:

November 19, 2020 at 2:50 p.m. EST

"DETROIT — President Trump has invited the leaders of Michigan’s Republican-controlled state legislature to meet him in Washington on Friday, according to a person familiar with those plans, as the president and his allies continue an extraordinary campaign to overturn the results of an election he lost.

Trump’s campaign has suffered defeats in courtrooms across the country in its efforts to allege irregularities with the ballot-counting process, and has failed to muster any evidence of the widespread fraud that the president continues to claim tainted the 2020 election.

Trump lost Michigan by a wide margin: at present, he trails President-Elect Joseph R. Biden in the state by 157,000 votes. Earlier this week, the state’s Republican Senate Majority Leader said an effort to have legislators throw out election results was “not going to happen.”" - Washington Post

 

I just read this on CNN. Can this get anymore INSANE? He's trying to get the legislature to throw out the votes and elect their own set of electors to vote for DUMP! Subversion of democracy! I feel like I'm living in a Banana Republic!!! Is this their end game? To also go to GA  and other Biden states to overturn ALL of their elections so he can win the Electoral College??? HE SHOULD BE PUT IN JAIL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...