Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 minute ago, Hibi said:

L just read this on CNN. Can this get anymore INSANE? He's trying to get the legislature to throw out the votes and elect their own set of electors to vote for DUMP! Subversion of democracy! I feel like I'm living in a Banana Republic!!! Is this their end game? To also go to GA  and other Biden states to overturn ALL of their elections so he can win the Electoral College??? HE SHOULD BE PUT IN JAIL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, but a padded cell would be even more appropriate, and can have the added advantage that he can’t tweet with the straitjacket snugly in place.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Arturo said:

I agree, but a padded cell would be even more appropriate, and can have the added advantage that he can’t tweet with the straitjacket snugly in place.

IF ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!! I want this POS in JAIL!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Hibi said:

OH, BROTHER! Now the 2 MI GOP idiots are trying to rescind their voter certification votes! How many times are you allowed to change your vote??? DUMP must've called them! (or Rudy) What a clown show.

If it was not so tragic for American democracy and the well being of the nation and the people it would be funny.

• Like 1
Just listened to the entire press conference of Trump’s new legal team. I have never heard anything more deranged and insane in my life. They call themselves an “Elite Strike Force Team.” They said that there was a conspiracy orchestrated by Joe Biden and financed by Soros ....

... that they coordinated with the communist govts of China, Cuba and Venezuela to manipulate the voting machines and fabricate ballots. That both Repubs and Democrats and Judges around the country are in on and paid money to get their races rigged too. Also the FBI is ...

.. covering all this up and it is probably time to abolish it. The fraud consisted of over 100,000 fake Biden ballots printed and smuggled into elections offices in the middle of the night. That companies in Spain and Germany financed by Venezuela manipulated the data from ...

... voting machines in the US. Finally, that patriots are going to fight this and not allow this to happen. That the entire 2020 election - Federal, State and local races - were all rigged by members of this conspiracy.

This whole thing would be comical, except for the fact that these people represent the GOP and the President.
That it was aired in its entirely by Fox News and that tens of millions of people will now believe all of this.

The survival of our democracy and Republic is threatened.

:huh:
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, mr6666 said:
Just listened to the entire press conference of Trump’s new legal team. I have never heard anything more deranged and insane in my life. They call themselves an “Elite Strike Force Team.” They said that there was a conspiracy orchestrated by Joe Biden and financed by Soros ....

... that they coordinated with the communist govts of China, Cuba and Venezuela to manipulate the voting machines and fabricate ballots. That both Repubs and Democrats and Judges around the country are in on and paid money to get their races rigged too. Also the FBI is ...

.. covering all this up and it is probably time to abolish it. The fraud consisted of over 100,000 fake Biden ballots printed and smuggled into elections offices in the middle of the night. That companies in Spain and Germany financed by Venezuela manipulated the data from ...

... voting machines in the US. Finally, that patriots are going to fight this and not allow this to happen. That the entire 2020 election - Federal, State and local races - were all rigged by members of this conspiracy.

This whole thing would be comical, except for the fact that these people represent the GOP and the President.
That it was aired in its entirely by Fox News and that tens of millions of people will now believe all of this.

The survival of our democracy and Republic is threatened.

:huh:

Probably the greatest threat to America since the Civil War.  Everything else pales in comparison, including WW II and the Great Depression.

• Sad 1

Can we pause for a reality check?

There's no legitimate question about the election. None.

You know it. Republicans know it.

They're following Russia's playbook: sow chaos

One of only two major political parties has declared war on democracy.

That is a red alarm.
  • Thanks 1

Apparently the Republicans are not giving up in supporting Trump's plan to steal the election.  Putin must be proud.

The concept of state governments overthrowing the popular votes of their states is both dangerous and confusing.  If they throw out the results, are they not also throwing out the results of ALL elections from school boards, state legislatures, federal house and senate, etc.?  If they try to narrow it down to the presidential race, does this not give the Democrats and others ample ammunition to file court cases?   All elections are on same ballot; therefore, if "illegal" ballots for president, the whole ballot is "illegal."

The Constituion gives the state governments the right to decide how to select electors.  But, the legislatures decided long ago to base it on a popular vote.  So, can they legally change the method after the voting?  Is this not the same as ex post facto which the Constitution prohibits?

Do the governors have the right to veto any bills passed by legislatures that throw out the popular vote and replace it with hand-picked Republican electors?

While I tend to be pessimistic about how the Republican US Supreme Court might rule on election issues, it would seem that even Thomas,  Kavanaugh and Barrett could not stomach such an egregious theft and denial of American democracy.

3 hours ago, ElCid said:

The Constituion gives the state governments the right to decide how to select electors.  But, the legislatures decided long ago to base it on a popular vote.  So, can they legally change the method after the voting?  Is this not the same as ex post facto which the Constitution prohibits?

My understanding based on what I heard from some Constitutional lawyers and election lawyers is that a state can't change the method after the voting.    This is why the really good GOP election lawyers (E.g. those that were part of the Gore \ Bush dispute),  decided not to work on any of Trump's lawsuits.    Unlike hacks like Rudi,  these lawyers have a reputation they need to protect.

• Thanks 1

The GOP in Michigan just asked for a two week delay in certification of the vote.

The two Republicans from Michigan who were invited to the White House stayed overnight in Trump's D.C. Hotel.

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

The GOP in Michigan just asked for a two week delay in certification of the vote.

The two Republicans from Michigan who were invited to the White Hosue stayed overnight in Trump's D.C. Hotel.

Who specifically and who did they ask?

The state and national Republican parties have asked the Board of State Canvassers to delay certification of the state's election results in a bid to investigate "anomalies and irregularities" alleged to have occurred in Michigan's Nov. 3 election. 

Michigan Republican Party Chairwoman Laura Cox and Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel asked the state to conduct a "full, transparent audit" before certification, noting other states like Georgia "have taken discretionary steps" in determining their results.

The Board of State Canvassers is scheduled to meet Monday to consider certification. 

Detroit News

Posted at 11:47AM today, updated at 1:17PM.

Full story here:
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/11/21/state-national-gop-seek-delay-certification-election-results/6373717002/

• Thanks 1

Even if the GOP took Michigan and Pennsylvania's electors - and that's a long shot - Trump still does not have enough electoral votes to win. So why is he doing this other than to try to discredit Biden as the legitimate president and burn down the country in the process? And doesn't the GOP think that the African American voters of Georgia might be watching as they try to disenfranchise the voters in Detroit and Philadelphia - heavily African American cities - by claiming that there is (unproved) rampant voter fraud in both places? This could cause turnout to be sufficient that both Georgia Democrats could be elected to the Senate. Thus the GOP loses both the battle and the war. 

Now that is a delightful ultimate outcome by my estimation, but my nerves are shot watching all of this stuff play out. The founders never counted on someone like Donald Trump, and I can't really blame them for that. 

Donald Trump is proving to be the ultimate stress test to the American system.  He has been bucking the rule of law and the separations of powers for four years now.  He certainly doesn't even try to represent all of America.  Quite the opposite in fact.  His entire presidency has been devoted to turning one American against another.  Not to mention the grifting and the negligence that is resulting in tens of thousands of needless deaths.

But then again, I was told I had TDS when I warned how evil he was.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
18 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Donald Trump is proving to be the ultimate stress test to the American system.  He has been bucking the rule of law and the separations of powers for four years now.  He certainly doesn't even try to represent all of America.  Quite the opposite in fact.  His entire presidency has been devoted to turning one American against another.  Not to mention the grifting and the negligence that is resulting in tens of thousands of needless deaths.

But then again, I ws told I had TDS when I warned how evil he was.

I kept waiting for a Marcia Jeffries in his inner circle to wake up and do the decent thing...

22 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

That Dark Blue fellow...Remember him?...told me the same thing too. 

23 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

54 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

But then again, I was told I had TDS when I warned how evil he was.

31 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

That Dark Blue fellow...Remember him?...told me the same thing too. 

One big difference though, Ls.

While Bogie has always posted his anti-Trump postings with the idea and intent of them being a helpful warning call to America and Americans, DarkBlue's were always more a derisive gloating about America and Americans' shortcomings which they've observed from their country north of us

(...and so yeah, I remember the guy)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Dargo said:

One big diffence though, Ls.

While Bogie has always posted his anti-Trump postings with the idea of them being a helpfulwarning call to America and Americans, DarkBlue's were always more a derisive gloating about America and Americans' shortcomings which they've observed from their country north of us

I agree with that. I mainly remember DarkBlue for his endless posts denigrating women and posting stuff about MGTOW. Oh, but HIS daughter? SHE was different! Remind you of a certain POTUS? 

• Like 1
Just now, Dargo said:

One big diffence though, Ls.

While Bogie has always posted his anti-Trump postings with the idea of them being a helpfulwarning call to America and Americans, DarkBlue's were always more a derisive gloating about America and Americans' shortcomings which they've observed from their country north of us

Contrary to what some may think I LOVE America and cannot wait to put my personal  boycott in the past come January 21st.   

So, thank you for that post.

While I like Gordon Lightfoot he is no Bob Dylan.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, LsDoorMat said:

I agree with that. I mainly remember DarkBlue for his endless posts denigrating women and posting stuff about MGTOW. Oh, but HIS daughter? SHE was different! Remind you of a certain POTUS? 

Yep, DarkBlue...the only Canadian I've ever met in person or via this internet whom I can say I've never liked.

(...well okay, I suppose I DID like the guy when I first met him on these boards some ten years ago, but would eventually discover what a truly miserable person he was)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Dargo said:

One big difference though, Ls.

While Bogie has always posted his anti-Trump postings with the idea and intent of them being a helpful warning call to America and Americans, DarkBlue's were always more a derisive gloating about America and Americans' shortcomings which they've observed from their country north of us

Bogie has continuously denigrated America in multiple aspects.  And No, I am not going back to search for them, but it has been going for years.  The only thing he actually likes about America is TCM and making money here.

• Sad 1