Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

help with old movie title, 60's or early 70's

Can only give you a synopsis of what I remember, start off, I think it's in color, although not high quality, A woman in her early 20's traveling by car, breaks down, see's a house nearby in  a fairly isolated area, after knocking on the door, she's greeted and rushed in by a multitude of people at the time presumed to be the family living there, they are strangely welcoming, jittery and nervous, they usher her in ignoring her plight, insisting she dines with them but all the while looking over their shoulder in fear. Enter the main character, a young girl maybe 12-13 yrs old, everyone is afraid of her, they cater to her every need, feed her cake candy etc for dinner, always awaiting her approval, and when not met, she uses some form of supernatural mental power to make them do as she wishes or harms them. The girl gets frustrated she's not treated like an ordinary girl and blanks them all into oblivion, the the lady finds out they weren't her family but other strangers whom happened upon this house and could never leave. The lady talks the girl into returning with her to discover and learn control of her power. When they go back to her car, it starts as if no problems were ever present.

All I can remember, numerous key word searches yielded nothing.

Thanks

Rich

Sounds exactly like the twilight zone episode called it’s a good life, with Billy Mumy.  It was remade in the movie with Kathleen Quinlan. Only caveat, in both cases it was a young boy, but the situation sounds exactly the same.

On 11/20/2020 at 6:23 PM, alleybj said:

Sounds exactly like the twilight zone episode called it’s a good life, with Billy Mumy.  It was remade in the movie with Kathleen Quinlan. Only caveat, in both cases it was a young boy, but the situation sounds exactly the same.

That's it "It's a Good Life" thought it was a girl, but only part of my recollection I think that was off.

Thanks all!