Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jackpickford1

Thanks TCM for The Patsy

Well ok but my,my TCM over did it last night, first silent 'Patsy' then until 3AM a 1924 film. I think it was all a bit much. Does tcm really think they're capturing an audience with this fare? I don't.

Well they must be capturing SOME audience, because I know I stay up and watch the Silent Sundays every week. Personally, I loved THE PATSY so much I even went and bought Marion Davies autobiography. I saw THE RED MILL last year at a silent film fest and it was FABULOUS. Marion Davies was one underrated lady.

leobertucelli, what are you babbling about? TCM played no 1924 film at all last night. Despite the TV Guide listing, "The Patsy" (an extremely enjoyable film, by the way) was made in 1928, as was mentioned by the host and then again in the Marion Davies documentary that followed. What played until 3AM on the East coast was the 1932 Davies film, "Blondie of the Follies." The film that ran until 3AM on the West coast was the 1929 talky, "Marianne."

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it to you, but it's intellectually dishonest to make disparaging comments about a film you didn't see. I'm sure someone has suggested this to you before, but if you genuinely dislike old movies, tuning in to TCM seems an odd choice for you to be making.

- Clark

thanks tcm for "The Patsy" it was an enjoyable evening

i have never seen her movies before what a great comedian

she was when she did lillian gish i almost burst a gut

laughing she was soooooo good! please repeat the documentary and the films we saw last nite soon!.....

Also Marie Dressler fabulous her timing and wit in everything she does superb too!......lolite.

Clark on the west coast they listed on info guide as a 1924 film but aside from that, I do indeed like old movies but sorry, not the ancient variety that tcm seems far too often to go in for--that's all. Nothing to get annoyed at.

I also want to thank TCM for lining up such a good program of Marion Davies films for us, beginning with the wonderful "The Patsy". The documentary about her life was particularly significant considering that Orson Wells nearly destroyed her career after leading her fans to believe that she was an untalented freak after "Citizen Kane" was released. She had a lot of talent, and was a woman of grace all of her life, and I hope to see more of her on TCM in future. ML

Again Clark- she was so great looking and really not a bad actress as depicted in features made years later. Davis could throw off her pretty pumps by my bed anytime!

Again Clark- she was so great looking and really not a bad actress as depicted in features made years later. Davis could throw off her pretty pumps by my bed anytime!

Yes, thanks so much TCM for introducing me to another talented lady, Marion Davies. I loved The Patsy and she was absolutely hilarious in it (I loved her Lillian Gish impression!). The documentary on Marion Davies was also very interesting. I hope that TCM will continue to show more of Marion Davies because watching The Patsy made me a big fan of her. If possible, I would also love to see more silents on TCM. Sunday nights just isn't enough for me. However, I am very grateful to TCM for showing silents because, as far as I know, no other channel does. Without TCM, I'd be lost!

Hello, I never thought I'd like silent films that much, but then I got to see the second 1/2 of this movie. My mind has been changed about silent films, but the problem is that I missed the first half of this great film. I don't see it scheduled. Can someone please help me ? Any suggestions ? Thanks!

I loved this movie also. Marie Dressler is a fav. of mine but Marion Davis was excellent. Her impressions were right on! Have you also seen Show People? She does the same in that movie too.

right - maybe - we're working on December, and it's possible "The Patsy" will have to wait until January