Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

future President Biden to welcome the next recession...

almost like it was a baby new year. he did say that it would be impossible to turn the economy around until the pandemic was over.

this con artist wants a big long honeymoon. he pelosi and schumer are looking forward to a high ole time.

"I gotcha!"

Biden's Constant Debate Laughter Was Either Delightful or Totally  Disrespectful

16 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Are you reiterating more Fox news propaganda? It's scary how that "news" source brainwashes people to instantly relay the next wave of pessimism, paranoia and dis-ease.

You're smarter than all that nonsense.

I doan even watch fox news but thank you for your kind complement.

16 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Nipkowdisc has a filling in his teeth that acts as a radio transmitter.  It only gets one channel though and the news on it is suspect....the only one I ever made contact with over my crystal tooth set was Admiral Byrd.

DVD Talk

1 minute ago, ElCid said:

Biden will inherit the next recession, which will actually be the Trump Recession because of Trump's failures across many fronts.

how many president-elects have approached a recession as a foregone conclusion? I say that is defeatist before a battle has even begun.

1 minute ago, NipkowDisc said:

how many president-elects have approached a recession as a foregone conclusion? I say that is defeatist before a battle has even begun.

The smart ones who listened to economic advisers.

3 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

I doan even watch fox news but thank you for your kind complement.

Not sure if I believe it. I know you have the ability to think for yourself. But you've been spewing such hatred since the election. And I refuse to believe that hatred is in you. You're too nice.

Other people with an agenda are putting these negative thoughts in you, and I think you'd be wise to remove that cancer from your life.

2 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

so no matter how ineffectual Biden might prove to be it will all be Trump's fault.

Maybe the mature way to look at it is to say the country has been in trouble for a long time due to a series of poor leadership choices on both sides, going back decades!

• Like 1

I have to downgrade Newsmax a bit. Clicked on Newsmax Monday night waiting for Steve

Bannon's War Room: Pandemic show and something else was on. I figured it might have

been just a one night thing, but Stevie and his three loonies were nowhere to be seen yesterday

night and now he's no longer on the DirecTV schedule. Is this the end of little Stevie? If it is

I am deducting four wingnut points from the Newsmax since Bannon was probably the craziest

host Newsmax had. 

12 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

I have to downgrade Newsmax a bit. Clicked on Newsmax Monday night waiting for Steve

Bannon's War Room: Pandemic show and something else was on. I figured it might have

been just a one night thing, but Stevie and his three loonies were nowhere to be seen yesterday

night and now he's no longer on the DirecTV schedule. Is this the end of little Stevie? If it is

I am deducting four wingnut points from the Newsmax since Bannon was probably the craziest

host Newsmax had. 

He might be in jail. LOL

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

He might be in jail. LOL

He's out on bail now and if he went back to jail I think it would have been on the news.

The new show has a clean-cut guy in a suit and tie, who, from my limited viewing,

is only just slightly less nutty than Steverino. He just looks saner.

1 minute ago, Vautrin said:

He's out on bail now and if he went back to jail I think it would have been on the news.

The new show has a clean-cut guy in a suit and tie, who, from my limited viewing,

is only just slightly less nutty than Steverino. He just looks saner.

There was some talk that Bannon might have trouble with the court because of a comment he made about how Dr. Fauci should be guillotined, along with the FBI director for treason.

This was several weeks ago and they kicked him off some social media.

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

There was some talk that Bannon might have trouble with the court because of a comment he made about how Dr. Fauci should be guillotined, along with the FBI director for treason.

This was several weeks ago and they kicked him off some social media.

Those remarks likely wouldn't  bother Newsmax. It was a sudden departure (his TV show)

without any announcement. Maybe he'll be back next week. One of the funniest shows on TV.

14 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Those remarks likely wouldn't  bother Newsmax. It was a sudden departure (his TV show)

without any announcement. Maybe he'll be back next week. One of the funniest shows on TV.

True.  They seem to be the real-life UBS from Network.

9 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

True.  They seem to be the real-life UBS from Network.

I haven't seen Network in a long time, but I'm guessing it would be hard

for that work of fiction to out crazy some of the people at Newsmax. 

• Haha 1

I'd like to get back to Nip's thread premise here for a moment, and after this thread somehow segued into talk of rightwing "news" sources here.

Ya know Nip, you're exactly right here. I'm going to agree with you about something for once, however it won't be because of your premise expressed about "those dang liberal con artists" being responsible for the almost assured coming recession.

Nope, what's going to happen is because The Fed will have no recourse other than to raise the prime interest rate because of the ever increasing national debt rising at an even higher rate since your boy's lower tax rates (primarily for the ultra-rich) has made it so, and which will in turn will affect the real estate market so as to make getting loans more difficult to obtain by those in the middle class, and with our economy still being based upon this market such more than it should, AND with the all the bills for this pandemic coming due in the near future, I predict there WILL be recession coming right around the corner.

And of course because as any THINKING people knows of history, whoever the sitting President is at the time during either a bear or bull market sitution has reaped much more credit OR blame for it than they actually deserve, Joe Biden will be unfairly blamed for this recession by many out there, and similarly to how your boy always attempted to reap undue credit for how our ecomomy has performed during his four years in office and how so many Americans brought into that idea.

(...if you now might have any other questions about this, I'll be glad to try and get you to understand this whole thing, and even thought I know this will a near impossible enterprise on my part)

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

There will be a Trump Recession, just as there was a Reagan Recession and a Bush Recession after they left office.  Huge tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations usually lead to recessions because the money never filters down to the working class or middle class.

However, Trump bears more responsibility for the upcoming one than any other president in history.  His actions and those of the people he appointed laid the groundwork for it.  Trump focused solely on the Stock Market which is not an indication of how the economy is working - far from it in many cases.  Also, Trump rode in on the economic improvements that were implemented during the Obama administration.

The fall out and bills from Covid-19 will have a major impact, but if Trump had taken decisive action earlier it would have been much smaller that what is coming.

Another factor that is somewhat Covid-19 related will be the huge change in how people purchase things in the future.  After months and months of purchasing with an app on their phones or over the internet, will they go back to stores?  Will they even go back to restaurants in pre-Covid-19 numbers.

• Thanks 1

Yep Cid, and pretty much what I said up there, but only once up there in my case.  ;) 

But still,  the idea that Joe Biden will be unfairly blamed for this coming recession and not Trump, and especially by the rightwing media, needs to be restated, over and over and over again.

(...although I will now refrain from doubling MY post here)

LOL

• Like 1