Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Biden team

On 1/20/2021 at 11:57 PM, Sepiatone said:

Funny you mentioned Clinton in all that.  I remember( must have been more than 20 years ago) that right-wing pundit ANN COULTER  was whining about how Bill Clinton, "Failed to take us to war!"  Like not going senselessly to war was a bad thing.  And now here YOU come, calling Clinton a "warmonger".    :rolleyes:  And just what war WAS that?   I mean----

What's it all about, RALFY?  ;) 

Sepiatone

I was referring to Hilary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DXDU48RHLU

Actually proves nothing.  The kid looks uncertain of his comments and his stilted delivery seems poorly rehearsed.  Plus it's easy to take footage of someone possibly quoting someone else and make it seem as if it's them making an original statement.  "Not Necessarily The News" used to do it with Reagan footage often.  But anyway.....

That kid's Mom has a nice looking basement.  ;)

Sepiatone

7 minutes ago, HIGHWAY said:

Ok,   but neither Clinton holds a political office and they have little to no say over what Dems would do, or not.

Chelsea is an American author and global health advocate.     So what is the fear here,  and what does it have to do with the Biden Team?  (topic of this thread).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe Biden should make her an "Acting" head of OMB.

Neera Tanden=accomplished policy expert, would be 1st Asian American woman to lead OMB, has lived experience having benefitted from a number of federal programs as a kid, looking ahead to the committee votes this week and continuing to work toward her confirmation
4 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Biden will remove  Tanden from consideration,  prior to a vote. 

May be the smartest move.  Why put somebody in the job that will be relentlessly attacked from day one?  There are a lot of other qualified people who will not be a distraction from Biden's goals.  Also, a lot of other jobs she could do.

2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Q7gzINJ2_bigger.jpg

Can someone explain to me why the OMB director needs Senate confirmation but the national security adviser doesn’t?

Because the OMB director has far more power than than the NSA.

This Equality Act,  as written by House Dems,  is poorly designed legislation.   Hopefully the Senate can fix some of the major issues.

The clear one is by adding a clause that gender specific sport leagues can continue to limit participants to those outside the specific gender;   Gender is a biological fact.   It is science.   The only actual "transgender" individuals are those born with biological factors that are associated with both genders.  

What someone believes their gender is,,, well,  this is just BS,  and nonsense from a biological and scientific  POV.     

Note this has nothing to do with religion or having a conservative POV.     Of course one's gender or the fact they wish to believe they are a different gender then  what they biologically are,  shouldn't prevent them from being hired for a job,   UNLESS,    the gender of the job is a key factor for the job;  E.g. the WNBA.      This is a sports league for women,   not men that think they should have been born women.    

The progressive "gender is NOT biology"  movement falls into the same category as the right's "climate change is a hoax".     In both cases science is ignored for political reasons.     

• Like 2
16 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

This Equality Act,  as written by House Dems,  is poorly designed legislation.   Hopefully the Senate can fix some of the major issues.

The clear one is by adding a clause that gender specific sport leagues can continue to limit participants to those outside the specific gender;   Gender is a biological fact.   It is science.   The only actual "transgender" individuals are those born with biological factors that are associated with both genders.  

What someone believes their gender is,,, well,  this is just BS,  and nonsense from a biological and scientific  POV.     

Note this has nothing to do with religion or having a conservative POV.     Of course one's gender or the fact they wish to believe they are a different gender then  what they biologically are,  shouldn't prevent them from being hired for a job,   UNLESS,    the gender of the job is a key factor for the job;  E.g. the WNBA.      This is a sports league for women,   not men that think they should have been born women.    

The progressive "gender is NOT biology"  movement falls into the same category as the right's "climate change is a hoax".     In both cases science is ignored for political reasons.     

I agree with this as far as restricting women's sports to biologic females.

1 hour ago, ElCid said:

I agree with this as far as restricting women's sports to biologic females.

Another issue will be changing and shower rooms in gyms.    My wife encountered a so-called Trans woman and since "she" had the body parts of a man,  it was something she was very comfortable with.      There have been cases where women have quit the gym and try to recover the pre-paid dues they had paid.  These women won because the gym changed their policy.  

But if this law goes through will women have no legal recourse?     To me this is not a case of equality (equal rights for all,  which of course I agree with 100%),  but instead special rights for one group superseding the rights of another group.    Only far left extremist,  with no understanding of biology,  can tell my wife that that thing hanging down was associated with a body of a woman!

• Like 1