Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Biden team


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, HIGHWAY said:

No one on this earth was more far left extremist then the Obama administration through Loretta Lynch when it came to to being an advocate for transgender rights.

I agree;   note that no Dem at this forum will even respond to such posting.     Yea, they were quick to jump on anything and everything that came from the Trump admin (where there was a lot of crap),   but now will just remain silent when it comes to anything from the Biden admin and Dem controlled Congress. 

Oh, well,  that is just the nature of hyper partisanship.    (and,,   didn't take long for Biden to order a military strike,,, which I'm sure is no surprised to you, since you have been saying something like that would happen under a Dem admin).

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

 

:unsure:

The president, AKA National Command Authority and Commander-in-Chief, cannot go to Congress every time a military action is necessary.  That is why he is the C-I-C!

There is a difference between a military strike in response to an attack on US forces or even our allies and authorizing an expensive, prolonged action.  In this case, a proportional response to an unprovoked attack.  Congressional approval would be warranted in the case of an invasion of another country or similar.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just like I predicted last week;   Tanden's nomination is withdrawn.     This was a miss by the Biden admin,  but in the scheme of things,  not a very big one.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Just like I predicted last week;   Tanden's nomination is withdrawn.     This was a miss by the Biden admin,  but in the scheme of things,  not a very big one.

 

 

My thoughts last week as well.  Maybe this will ease the way for whoever he nominates.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems Dirtbag Manchin didn't like Tanden's criticisms of his dirtbag, price-gouging daughter.

Never cross a dirtbag. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
 

:)

"With no major labor reform since the 1930s, Democrats are seizing on the opportunity to strengthen workers' rights -- including their ability to unionize.

On Tuesday, the House of Representatives passed the PRO (Protect the Right to Organize) Act, the most pro-worker labor reform in decades, according to the bill’s sponsors, by a vote of 225-206.

Though it faces an uphill battle in the 50/50 split Senate, President Joe Biden has said that labor reform is one of his administration’s top priorities.....

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/house-passes-protect-right-organize-act-225-206-sends-bill-n1260312?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mr6666 said:
 

:)

"With no major labor reform since the 1930s, Democrats are seizing on the opportunity to strengthen workers' rights -- including their ability to unionize.

On Tuesday, the House of Representatives passed the PRO (Protect the Right to Organize) Act, the most pro-worker labor reform in decades, according to the bill’s sponsors, by a vote of 225-206.

Though it faces an uphill battle in the 50/50 split Senate, President Joe Biden has said that labor reform is one of his administration’s top priorities.....

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/house-passes-protect-right-organize-act-225-206-sends-bill-n1260312?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma

Another reason why the Dems need to end the Fillibuster rule.  It is unfortunate, but it what the GOPers will do if they have the opportunity - they did it under Trump.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2021 at 4:05 PM, ElCid said:

Another reason why the Dems need to end the Fillibuster rule.  It is unfortunate, but it what the GOPers will do if they have the opportunity - they did it under Trump.

the Democrats final answer to the GOP : one-party rule where everyone gets shut out.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

the new majority democrat senate woulda confirmed Howard the Duck.

:lol:

Why Guardians Of The Galaxy's James Gunn Hates The Howard The Duck Movie So  Much - CINEMABLEND

Looks like Donald Trump without the tan.  When he is released from the Federal Penitentiary, he will probably have Howard The Duck’s coloration.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2021 at 8:59 PM, NipkowDisc said:

the new majority democrat senate woulda confirmed Howard the Duck.

:lol:

 

Uh,   yet again,  you're missing something here:

The majority GOP Senate didn't confirm Trump's nominations as quickly (as Biden were by the Dem majority Senate)  because Trump didn't vet his selections very well and put up some real stinkers that even McConnell couldn't get confirmed and thus Trump had to withdraw these stinkers and put in someone else.  

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Uh,   yet again,  you're missing something here:

The majority GOP Senate didn't confirm Trump's nominations as quickly (as Biden were by the Dem majority Senate)  because Trump didn't vet his selections very well and put up some real stinkers that even McConnell couldn't get confirmed and thus Trump had to withdraw these stinkers and put in someone else.  

 

Bears amplifying for Nippy's education.  McConnell and Trump had to withdraw them because they could not get enough Republicans to vote for them.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...