Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, I went and did it...again...and again.

On 11/27/2020 at 10:41 AM, Sepiatone said:

Take it from an ex caddy.

Sepiatone

reading up for my PAT AND MIKE remake, I have a couple of questions for you in re: THE DRIVER CLUB.

1. Why is it that I thought THE DRIVER was called a  "#2" ? i could have sworn the DRIVER was a #2 club, the way there are five irons and six irons and five woods and such. I guess I am wrong...also, are there any NICKNAMES for THE DRIVER (like MASHIE and NIBLICK for the irons)?

and

2. did you in your caddying ever assist anyone who wanted to use THE DRIVER for almost everything? What I remember from playing gold YEARS AGO (my childhood) was that I really, really favored THE DRIVER and would use it for everything because it was the only club I could hit for **** with.

7 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

reading up for my PAT AND MIKE remake, I have a couple of questions for you in re: THE DRIVER CLUB.

1. Why is it that I thought THE DRIVER was called a  "#2" ? i could have sworn the DRIVER was a #2 club, the way there are five irons and six irons and five woods and such. I guess I am wrong...also, are there any NICKNAMES for THE DRIVER (like MASHIE and NIBLICK for the irons)?

There are different classes of drivers(like irons) that have numbered designations.  Some golfers figure a different driver(I've only seen them go from #1 to #3) would better serve the purpose for different holes, as they're often different lengths of yardage.  And then some use the same driver for every hole in the course.   

And the only other name I know drivers by is some call them WOODS.  ;)   And nobody I carried for used only one club for all purposes.

Sepiatone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

PAT AND MIKE (2021)

b4175a36690a24c6b3b949314e5fed2d.jpg

Don't recall if you ever covered this,  but why not have the lover of the athlete (Pat),  be a women.     I.e.  Pat is a bi-sexual male,  Mike is gay,  and lover of Pat is a heterosexual women.

This would create a storyline related to if someone that is bi-sexual can be faithful.     (I don't think there is a difference in how faithful one can be,  even if they have more options at play).      A lot more tension with such a triangle.     

1 minute ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Don't recall if you ever covered this,  but why not have the lover of the athlete (Pat),  be a women.     I.e.  Pat is a bi-sexual male,  Mike is gay,  and lover of Pat is a heterosexual women.

This would create a storyline related to if someone that is bi-sexual can be faithful.     (I don't think there is a difference in how faithful one can be,  even if they have more options at play).      A lot more tension with such a triangle.     

Thank you for the suggestion, BUT HAVING TO LEARN ABOUT GOLF HAS BEEN ENOUGH OF A CHALLENGE!

I am keeping it somewhat deliberately simple, it is my fondest dream to write something one day that is only 120 pages long!!!!

(everything else I have written has been 150 or 200+ pages long, which is WAY longer than recommended)

ALSO, the STRUGGLE of my version is not about PAT AND MIKE being in love and beating society, THE STRUGGLE is their working together TO WIN! (and beat THEMSELVES!)

OR as KATE HEPBURN says in the original "lick myself"

(and i bet KATE wished like anything she could!)