Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HITCHCOCK MARATHON

For those not sleeping off their Thanksgiving dinner, A Hitchcock marathon starts tonight at 8pm and runs 24 hrs. Rear Window kicks it off tonight followed by The Man Who Knew Too Much, The Birds, Psycho........

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Hibi said:

For those not sleeping off their Thanksgiving dinner, A Hitchcock marathon starts tonight at 8pm and runs 24 hrs. Rear Window kicks it off tonight followed by The Man Who Knew Too Much, The Birds, Psycho........

So, basically another chance to see Hitch's "Ice Princess" blondes, Grace Kelly, Doris Day, Tippi Hedren AND Janet Leigh during their absolute hottest time in life, eh?!  

Well, seein' as how none of these movies feature the hottest brunnetts of the time like Ava Gardner or Hedy Lamarr or Natalie Wood, AND because I've already seen every one of these flicks at least a dozen times in the past, I'M gonna watch the NFL games this evening instead Hibi, and before gettin' all sleepy from the triptophan.

(...but thanks for the heads-up here anyway!)  ;)

Well Hibi, it looks as if Hitch's blonde "Ice Princesses" have gotten the last laugh on me here tonight!

Seems the last scheduled NFL game this evening between the Ravens and the Steelers has been tentatively postponed until this coming Sunday, and due to some of the Ravens players testing positive for the coronavirus.

And so, I guess the upside of this being that while once again watching Grace Kelly in Rear Window and as I'm presently doing, I'm being reminded of what a truly gorgeous woman she was.

(...for a blonde, anyway)  ;)

• Like 1

Okay, OKAY! I've never understood why Jimmy Stewart just sits there and whimpers "Stella, what should I do?" to Thelma Ritter while watching Raymond Burr manhandle Grace Kelly inside of Burr's apartment after Burr catches her snooping around inside it.

GEEZ, Jimmy! I'll tell ya what you should do. You SHOULD wheel your sorry butt over to your window and yell out something like, "THAT'S RIGHT, YOU DAMN MURDERER! WE KNOW WHAT YOU DID!" That's what I would have done, anyway.

What, you don't think THAT would've stopped Burr right in his tracks? Of course it would have, and in the process garnered the attention of almost every other renter in that complex as possible backups. 

Yeah, I guess this would have blown the set-up to the final scene when Burr comes stalking Jimmy in his apartment, huh.

(...told ya I've already watched this flick many many times, now didn't I?!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I would have yelled out HEY THORWALD, WHAT THE **** KIND OF NAME IS LARS! I got a kick out

of Thelma Ritter talking about petting parties. That's an expression you don't hear too much anymore.

DirecTV is having a free HBO, Starz, Cinemax, etc. preview through Sunday. There must be about

40 or so channels to choose from. 

I meant to watch some of the Dallas game just to see the Boys get their rears kicked, but I totally forgot

about it. This has been a great football season. Steelers are 10-0. The Cowboys, Patriots, and Panthers

all suck. Sweet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Dargo said:

Well Hibi, it looks as if Hitch's blonde "Ice Princesses" have gotten the last laugh on me here tonight!

Seems the last scheduled NFL game this evening between the Ravens and the Steelers has been tentatively postponed until this coming Sunday, and due to some of the Ravens players testing positive for the coronavirus.

And so, I guess the upside of this being that while once again watching Grace Kelly in Rear Window and as I'm presently doing, I'm being reminded of what a truly gorgeous woman she was.

(...for a blonde, anyway)  ;)

LOL. It was fate.

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Dargo said:

(...told ya I've already watched this flick many many times, now didn't I?!)

It's funny how when you've seen a film many, many times, you start recognizing little bits of scenes where there is no action or suspense more intently. While re-re-re-re-watching REAR WINDOW on Thursday, I found the scene where Jeff and Lisa are disagreeing about their compatibility as a couple immensely entertaining. He keeps trying to deter her from her wishes to domesticate him, and she keeps interrupting  him as he states his case, and he finally says "Shut up!" 😄 At the time the scene shows up in the picture, it almost seems like filler, but it proves to be very important later in the story.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love Hitchcock Movies. I'll be watching as many as I can. I didn't see this until this morning so I missed REAR WINDOW and THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH which are two of my favorites.  

UPDATE: Upon further review I missed most of them. Apparently, there are only four more to go. Hopefully, they'll put a few On-Demand.

58 minutes ago, Hoganman1 said:

I missed REAR WINDOW and THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH which are two of my favorites.  

Wouldn't that be THREE?   Considering of course, you include the '34 original of THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH.  ;) 

Sepiatone

18 hours ago, Dargo said:

So, basically another chance to see Hitch's "Ice Princess" blondes, Grace Kelly, Doris Day, Tippi Hedren AND Janet Leigh during their absolute hottest time in life, eh?!  

Well, seein' as how none of these movies feature the hottest brunnetts of the time like Ava Gardner or Hedy Lamarr or Natalie Wood, AND because I've already seen every one of these flicks at least a dozen times in the past, I'M gonna watch the NFL games this evening instead Hibi, and before gettin' all sleepy from the triptophan.

(...but thanks for the heads-up here anyway!)  ;)

One doesn't need triptophan with those two NFL games!    (what would have likely been a good gave between the Ravens and Steelers was postponed until Sunday).

But it is nice to see Dallas playing sooooo  poorly,  just for the expression of Jerry Jones.

If memory serves correctly, TCM has had a fall Hitchcock marathon every year for the past few years.

His birthday's in August, one day after mine. It would be interesting if they just gave him a full day in August during Summer Under the Stars. He's certainly a star director.

The only one I watched today was Torn Curtain, which I haven't seen in 15 or 20 years. Besides the

basic plot, the scene I remember best  is the prolonged killing of the East German bad guy in the

farmhouse. You know he is a very bad guy because he wears a black leather jacket instead of a

suit like the rest of the commies. This is a return to the let's visits lots of different places while

spying plot of some earlier Hitchcock films instead of individual focused themes of films like

Rear Window and Vertigo. It's also like other similar spy films of the mid 1960s. Maybe a little

too much of going over well trod ground, but it's entertaining enough. The whole Cold War outlook

of the movie is something that seems to have taken places ages ago, though it's fairly fairly recent

historically. 

I love Hitchcock!  One of my favorite directors!!  I enjoyed seeing "Rear Window" for a second time.  I recorded "The Man Who Knew Too Much" to (finally) watch for the first time!  I love "Strangers On A Train" and "Rope".  I recorded "Lady Vanishes" and "The Trouble With Harry" to watch for the first time.  I plan to watch "Lady Vanishes" tonight.  I recorded "Saboteur" also, to watch another time.  I've seen that one several times.

Lori

• Like 1

I watched Marnie again yesterday.  This movie always appeals to me more than some Hitchcock ones.  Although, I never liked Tippi Hedren's hairstyles.  They seemed to always show too much forehead.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, ElCid said:

I watched Marnie again yesterday.  This movie always appeals to me more than some Hitchcock ones.  Although, I never liked Tippi Hedren's hairstyles.  They seemed to always show too much forehead.

As long as none of the TOP of her head was showing.

Sepiatone

"Lady Vanishes" was great!!  As someone here mentioned, the beginning was a bit dull, but did get more interesting once everyone was on the train.  To me, it was a cross between "Bunny Lake Is Missing" and "Abandoned".

Lori

• Like 1