Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

congressman james clyburn upset


Recommended Posts

first he expresses anger at rural farmers always being identified as white guys in places like iowa and nebraska instead of southern states like mississippi and alabama and now he is bellyaching about Biden not naming enough blacks for his cabinet...

and this is what we on the right mean. white schtootz democrats like biden have wasted decades placating guys like clyburn and all it gets them is ingratitude.

the democrats doan even have the balls to tellum to go screw themselves.

 

"prick up your ears, biden, or I'll start whining to kamala and barack."

James Clyburn, Key to Biden Victory, Slams Lack of Black Appointees in New  Admin

he looks better with the mask.

:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Biden basically owes Clyburn the presidency, along with the tens of Millions of African-Americans who voted despite all the voter suppression and raging pandemic.  Clyburn’s endorsing Biden just before the South Carolina primary breathed life into Biden’s campaign, allowing the centrist Biden to beat the leftist candidates like Warren and Sanders.  This spoiled Trump’s game plan, to tar the Dems as Socialists.  This, along with Donald’s inaction on the Pandemic, got Biden the largest number of votes cast for an American presidential candidate, along with a landslide in the electoral college.

So I see nothing g wrong with Clyburn pushing for more African-Americans, and people of color in general.  I’m sure it will come about in due time, and the other side does not have to like it.  Elections have consequences, as we’ve been told for the last 4 years.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Biden basically owes Clyburn the presidency, along with the tens of Millions of African-Americans who voted despite all the voter suppression and raging pandemic.  Clyburn’s endorsing Biden just before the South Carolina primary breathed life into Biden’s campaign, allowing the centrist Biden to beat the leftist candidates like Warren and Sanders.  This spoiled Trump’s game plan, to tar the Dems as Socialists.  This, along with Donald’s inaction on the Pandemic, got Biden the largest number of votes cast for an American presidential candidate, along with a landslide in the electoral college.

So I see nothing g wrong with Clyburn pushing for more African-Americans, and people of color in general.  I’m sure it will come about in due time, and the other side does not have to like it.  Elections have consequences, as we’ve been told for the last 4 years.

Give Nip a break, Arturo. Without Senator Clyburn's endorsement of Biden it is fully conceivable that, in Nip's opinion, at least, it would not have been a rigged election because Trump would have won. No wonder Nip's antagonistic towards him.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hamradio said:

Any president can pick whom he chooses for his cabinet, I'm sick of this constant everybody has to be PC or are labeled a racist (or sexist)! 

Boy, you don't know much about politics. This is nothing about PC.

This is traditional--

You have respect for and consideration for the people who have put you in office.

Because if you don't, the next time you run they probably won't vote for you. So you do consider their interest, their concerns and their future participation.

As far as diversity is concerned that has to do with democracy, and reality and the demographics that are here and now.

Elections have consequences.....

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

first he expresses anger at rural farmers always being identified as white guys in places like iowa and nebraska instead of southern states like mississippi and alabama and now he is bellyaching about Biden not naming enough blacks for his cabinet...

and this is what we on the right mean. white schtootz democrats like biden have wasted decades placating guys like clyburn and all it gets them is ingratitude.

the democrats doan even have the balls to tellum to go screw themselves.

 

"prick up your ears, biden, or I'll start whining to kamala and barack."

James Clyburn, Key to Biden Victory, Slams Lack of Black Appointees in New  Admin

he looks better with the mask.

:lol:

This kind of post from this poster does not surprise me.

But the poster has freedom of speech and so does Rep. Clyburn.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't you just love it? After all of Trump's years of appealing to racists for a significant part of his political base, here are the two men largely responsible for his being a one term President.

5e5689bb82d0f.image.jpg?resize=1200,755

And, yes, Biden does owe Clyburn. That's politics.

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

But he still needs to pick the best possible person for the job.  While Clyburn did give Biden a boost and helped him win the S.C. primary, a lot of other people helped Biden win the nomination and the election.

Clyburn has done little to advance S.C. racially.  The Dems lost more seats to GOPers than ever before.  

Clyburn is also pushing for Jaime Harrison to be the next chair of the DNC.  Harrison spent over $100 million and received lots of free media coverage and still did no better against Lindsay Graham than any of the other opponents Graham has left in the dust.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, basically similar to how any Republican office holder or candidate gets the whinning(and far more and far worse) from the far right element in this country if they dare even attempt to reach common ground with the democrats, eh Nip?

(...yeah, don't ya just hate whinners?...I know I do)

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2020 at 3:27 PM, Arturo said:

Biden basically owes Clyburn the presidency, along with the tens of Millions of African-Americans who voted despite all the voter suppression and raging pandemic.  Clyburn’s endorsing Biden just before the South Carolina primary breathed life into Biden’s campaign, allowing the centrist Biden to beat the leftist candidates like Warren and Sanders.  This spoiled Trump’s game plan, to tar the Dems as Socialists.  This, along with Donald’s inaction on the Pandemic, got Biden the largest number of votes cast for an American presidential candidate, along with a landslide in the electoral college.

So I see nothing g wrong with Clyburn pushing for more African-Americans, and people of color in general.  I’m sure it will come about in due time, and the other side does not have to like it.  Elections have consequences, as we’ve been told for the last 4 years.

yeah, but at what point do you select someone on the basis of personal expertise instead of race?

:P

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TomJH said:

Don't you just love it? After all of Trump's years of appealing to racists for a significant part of his political base, here are the two men largely responsible for his being a one term President.

5e5689bb82d0f.image.jpg?resize=1200,755

And, yes, Biden does owe Clyburn. That's politics....yeah, but does Biden know it?

:lol:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

yeah, but at what point do you select someone on the basis of personal expertise instead of race?

:P

So NOW you hope people chosen by the President have expertise!!??!!  Unlike Donald Trump, Joe Biden can both choose someone for their expertise AND increase appointees more closely representative of this county’s diversity.  Trump chose very few, if any, people that were qualified.  They were chosen to do Trump’s bidding, whether to root out civil servants not sufficiently loyal to the Orange Furher, or to cripple the agency of its core mission, or both.  Some of you seem to prefer the latter, since you cannot abide by people in the WH that closely mirror the country, as opposed to being mostly white men.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...