Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bring your Christmas blasphemies here.

6 hours ago, SansFin said:

Thanks to years of grade-school Christmas concerts, I still have the "Twelve Days After Christmas" lyrics branded into my brain:

(Well, I kept one of the maids-a-milking... 😚  ) 

On 12/22/2020 at 6:46 PM, slaytonf said:

What's blasphemous about losing money?  I don't get it.

It's like the Tex Avery joke, where we see zoo cages of two stags and five skunks:
"Here are two bucks....and five scents."

😣

As for reindeer humor, there's always one Japanese-anime character's famous confusion in trying to understand the Rudolph/red-nose myth (in a country where Rudy gets so much cultural exposure, nobody there literally knows Santa even has eight other reindeer) :

EpyNFd3WwAA6fTl?format=png&name=small

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, TikiSoo said:

...not even love. Things. 

...not even things made with love, but simply purchased.

Unfortunately, love is one of those incongruous things that you can't touch, taste, or smell.  It's something that is easily discarded because it's generally unappealing to our senses.  As for myself, I'm not very handy with a table saw or needle and thread, and as such, I'll buy Christmas love for others 😉!  As the saying goes, 'it's the thought that counts', which is why (when it was more convenient to do it) I consider myself a discerning shopper instead of one of those 'grab the first thing you see' kind of people🎁🌲🎅🏻🤶🏻!  Hope everyone enjoys their holiday weekend/season.  Can't wait for 2021 to get here, and put this most bizarre year in the rearview mirror.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, SansFin said:

rLwEyq6.jpg

Actually, this year the lyrics have been changed.  And one word only---

"You better watch out;

You better not cry;

You better not pout;

I'm telling you why;

AMAZON is coming to town!"

Sepiatone

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, SansFin said:

qqUEkVt.jpg

"One Two Three, Light The Christmas Tree" is one of the best earlier episodes. Translated version contains a cultural error - NOT Santa Claus but Father Frost. Can just hear American kids saying "What the heck?!! :huh:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1dSMUUpD_VUL5B73Lm_D

Like the original better.

i?r=AEHbyUWhePxsnNoQDZXr8-KhCYfewDhIPIQV

Masha is portraying a Snegurochka or Snow Maiden.

600762a1dc6a3093_w.jpg

Russian-Snowmaiden-Snegurochka-2.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, slaytonf said:

You get the blasphemer-in-chief award.  Who knew there was so much irreverence.

Plain lil' ole moi is the winner? Gosh. I did not even know it was a contest. 😀

I am Orthodox. People send to me or draw my attention to many things which they believe I should find scandalous. The crude and rude things are beneath contempt and are quickly and easily forgotten. The humourous things I mark for later retrieval as I find that any of the things that brighten a day are to be cherished. I feel that it is not truly irreverence as it is quite obvious that God has a sense of humour. One need only look at men to see how weird His sense of humour can be.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Thought that airplane was a riot. :lol:

It is my understanding that it was a public relations disaster for the airline. Little children in airports are often sleep-deprived and are in an unfamiliar and stressful situation. Seeing that aircraft was very traumatic for them. Some of the parents were very vociferous in their objections to it.

5 minutes ago, SansFin said:

It is my understanding that it was a public relations disaster for the airline. Little children in airports are often sleep-deprived and are in an unfamiliar and stressful situation. Seeing that aircraft was very traumatic for them. Some of the parents were very vociferous in their objections to it.

The early beginnings of kids  growing up to become snowflakes like their parents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, hamradio said:

"One Two Three, Light The Christmas Tree" is one of the best earlier episodes. Translated version contains a cultural error - NOT Santa Claus but Father Frost. Can just hear American kids saying "What the heck?!! :huh:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1dSMUUpD_VUL5B73Lm_D

Like the original better.

i?r=AEHbyUWhePxsnNoQDZXr8-KhCYfewDhIPIQV

Masha is portraying a Snegurochka or Snow Maiden.

600762a1dc6a3093_w.jpg

Russian-Snowmaiden-Snegurochka-2.gif

I am very sorry to hear of the bad translation. We recently sent DVDs of the version in English to my fuzzy's great-grandchildren. We have never watched a translated episode but assumed they were done competently. 

16 minutes ago, SansFin said:

I am very sorry to hear of the bad translation. We recently sent DVDs of the version in English to my fuzzy's great-grandchildren. We have never watched a translated episode but assumed they were done competently. 

I wouldn't call that a bad translation but a misunderstanding. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, SansFin said:

I did not even know it was a contest.

As the saying goes, it's an old tradition I just made up.  The selection committee (me) solicits nominations from the world at large (me), and sends its recommendations to the judges' forum (me), which makes a final determination.

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

MV5BZjdmZjQ2ODktMzUwYy00MWRlLThiZWYtMzFk

Just when you thought it was safe to go back under the tree. . . . .

• Haha 4
14 hours ago, SansFin said:

b3H3vp1.jpg?1

What's funny about this(to me) is my wife told me a long time ago it was her older sister Anita that told her when she was real little not that there isn't nor ever was a Santa Claus, but that he was killed in a plane crash!  ;)  :D

Two days later while entering a K-Mart I noticed one of those coin operated kiddie rides at the door.  This one had Santa sitting in a little airplane!  :D  I pointed to it and asked Alicia, "Is that the plane Santa was flying when he died in that crash?"  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Haha 2