Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bring your Christmas blasphemies here.

2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

What's funny about this(to me) is my wife told me a long time ago it was her older sister Anita that told her when she was real little not that there isn't nor ever was a Santa Claus, but that he was killed in a plane crash!  ;)  :D

Two days later while entering a K-Mart I noticed one of those coin operated kiddie rides at the door.  This one had Santa sitting in a little airplane!  :D  I pointed to it and asked Alicia, "Is that the plane Santa was flying when he died in that crash?"  ;) 

Sepiatone

Was it specifically an airplane crash or could it have been a generalized flight disaster?

MMdhJmv.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
14 minutes ago, slaytonf said:

It is the genius of Santa's sack that there is more room on the inside than there is on the outside.

Sounds like you've answered that one before...

Reminds me of when I learned the truth, at the age of 5.  I took out the trash after Christmas dinner, and stacked on top of the trash bins (this was 1969 - no wheeled carts back then) sat a box from Montgomery Ward with the price tag attached.  It had contained one of the gifts "Santa" had brought.

When I went back inside, I asked my parents why Santa had to buy my gift at Montgomery Wards.  They tried to answer, but it wasn't convincing.  I was sworn to secrecy to never tell my younger brother.  

5 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

It's like the TARDIS.

(And no, I've never watched Doctor Who. It's just people talk about it so much ...)

The TARDIS is definitely smaller on the outside.

Santa's bag may have a closer relationship to the beaded handbag carried by Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter Series. She had used: "The Extension Charm (Capacious extremis) was a charm that expanded the internal dimensions of an object without affecting the external dimensions, enhancing its capacity, and rendering its contents lighter. This charm was advanced magic and heavily controlled by the Ministry." on it so that she could carry reference books, clothing and a serious amount of camping equipment including a multi-room tent. 

7 hours ago, slaytonf said:

It is the genius of Santa's sack that there is more room on the inside than there is on the outside.

Kind of like the story Mary told in "The Secret Garden" about the entire universe fitting down some guys throat.

(must had a big appetite ;))

17 hours ago, slaytonf said:

16 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

It's like the TARDIS.

(And no, I've never watched Doctor Who. It's just people talk about it so much ...)

I was more thinking of Dr. Lao's circus tent.  ;) 

But it's how he gets those kitchen appliances down the chimney that I'm wondering........

Sepiatone