Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Possible Charley Chase short coming up?

When I checked IMDb for "Time Out for Trouble" (scheduled as a 19 minute 1961 Documentary, Sept. 5th - early AM), the only search results I got back was a 19 minute Charley Chase short from 1938 with the same title. Perhaps they will be showing this Chase short? A Patsy Kelly movie with Charley Chase ("Kelly the Second") is scheduled 2hrs after the short and is followed by a Todd/Kelly short that I'm also looking forward to seeing. So hopefully the Chase short will be shown too, instead of a 1961 documentary.

The 1938 Charley Chase short "Time Out for Trouble" is a Columbia short, and so far TCM has not shown any Columbia shorts. So I would be very surprised (but pleasantly) if TCM shows the Chase short.

It's not surprising that IMDb knows nothing about the 1961 short of the same title, but there is info about it on the TCM schedule.

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/index.jsp?startDate=09/04/2009&timezone=EST&cid=N

There is a cast list, director's name, and brief description. So I am sure that's what they'll be showing.

It is just a coincidence that it has the same title as a Charley Chase short and that it will come on just before a feature movie that Charley Chase is in.

• 3 weeks later...

There will be four Charley Chase silent shorts on TCM this Sunday night/Monday morning (all times eastern):

Sunday/Monday 09/27-28

(12mid)? *Bad Boy* (1925) 19m

Monday 09/28

12:30am ? *Isn't Life Terrible* (1925) 22m

1:00am ? *The Uneasy Three* (1925) 22m

1:30am ? *Mama Behave* (1926) 22m

> {quote:title=Moodri wrote:}{quote}

> There will be four Charley Chase silent shorts on TCM this Sunday night/Monday morning (all times eastern):

>

> Sunday/Monday 09/27-28

> (12mid) *Bad Boy* (1925) 19m

>

> Monday 09/28

> 12:30am *Isn't Life Terrible* (1925) 22m

> 1:00am *The Uneasy Three* (1925) 22m

> 1:30am *Mama Behave* (1926) 22m

Thanks for mentioning them, Moodri!

Isn't Life Terrible will be interesting for so very many reasons....check out the cast and the director(same director for all the shorts that night....

*Isn't Life Terrible (1925)*

*In this silent short, a family camping trip turns into a disaster.*

*Cast: Charley Chase, Oliver Hardy, Fay Wray, Lon Poff Dir: Leo McCarey*

Can't wait to see these shorts! "Isn't Life Terrible" (yes, love the cast) also has young Mary Kornman in it (uncredited). Just before the shorts start, TCM is showing two early Natalie Wood movies. There is plenty of time after each movie for 2-reeler shorts.

• 4 weeks later...