Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How did they get away with that?--or: The questionable amorality of Sam Spade.

What the hell? You used to not even be able to say the first name of the actors O'Toole and Sellers on the message boards without it being turned into asterisks by the autocensor. Reading the smut you've posted above, I have to assume standards have relaxed!

2 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

What the hell? You used to not even be able to say the first name of the actors O'Toole and Sellers on the message boards without it being turned into asterisks by the autocensor. Reading the smut you've posted above, I have to assume standards have relaxed!

Test:    I love Peter O'Toole.

After test edit:  I assume you were joking.     I.e.  Peter was never a word the autocensor would turn into **** and either was Dick.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

Hmmm...well maybe all the moderators have taken the day off today, sewhite.

And 'cause just the other day and after I posted something in the Off-Topic forum inclusive of the words "swingin'" and then the word Sepia just posted earlier, BUT even anticipating one of moderators would take offense to THAT, I typed in "d*ck" instead, it wasn't but an hour or so later I'd noticed one of the moderators had replaced the three remaining letters with asterisks. And remember here, THIS being in the Off-Topic forum.

(...and so, give it time here sewhite, give it time...I'm sure one of our mods will see Sepia's word and will take their little corrective measure to it very very soon, and because of course some innocent little child might see it while reading through this classic movie themed website)

LOL

27 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

After test edit:  I assume you were joking.     I.e.  Peter was never a word the autocensor would turn into **** and either was Dick.

Wait! Lemme try a line from one of Carlin's earliest and greatest routines here, James.

"You CAN say 'prick your finger', but you CAN'T say 'finger your prick'!"

(...okay, let's see what happens now!)  ;)

LOL

15 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Truly you must recall that when "Otto" was first employed, even typing the name of celebrated  television icon  DICK VAN DYKE would come out ***** VAN ******  ?

Sepiatone