Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

JOAN BENNETT for SOTM 2020

Since Linda Darnell has resurfaced I'm reviving my Joan Bennett one (I searched for the old one, but can't find it). Another LONG OVERDUE star who is STILL WAITING. Sister Constance was honored YEARS ago, but NOT JOAN! Others who agree, feel free to post here with comments and pix!

Joan Bennett (1910-1990) - Find A Grave Memorial

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2020 at 8:47 AM, Hibi said:

Since Linda Darnell has resurfaced I'm reviving my Joan Bennett one (I searched for the old one, but can't find it). Another LONG OVERDUE star who is STILL WAITING. Sister Constance was honored YEARS ago, but NOT JOAN! Others who agree, feel free to post here with comments and pix!

Joan Bennett (1910-1990) - Find A Grave Memorial

I would like to support you on this but unfortunately, out of the 300 TCM movies I have seen since retired over the last year, I can't really picture her in any of those movies. I have seen Little Women and Father of the Bride, but at my age, her appearance in those two movies elude me. Maybe if she were Star of the Month, it could help people like me get acquainted with her as she does have 97 acting credits on imdb.

17 minutes ago, Stallion said:

I would like to support you on this but unfortunately, out of the 300 TCM movies I have seen since retired over the last year, I can't really picture her in any of those movies. I have seen Little Women and Father of the Bride, but at my age, her appearance in those two movies elude me. Maybe if she were Star of the Month, it could help people like me get acquainted with her as she does have 97 acting credits on imdb.

You've never seen Scarlet Street or Woman in the WIndow? Those are shown fairly often on TCM. Unfortunately, probably two thirds of her films have never seen the light of day on TCM. Many of her films were done at Fox or Paramount or independently produced through United Artists (Walter Wanger).

6 minutes ago, Hibi said:

You've never seen Scarlet Street or Woman in the WIndow? Those are shown fairly often on TCM. Unfortunately, probably two thirds of her films have never seen the light of day on TCM. Many of her films were done at Fox or Paramount or independently produced through United Artists (Walter Wanger).

Yeah, that is the problem. Since I only watch TCM for old movies, those not readily available to them I wouldn't see. I have not seen the two movies you mentioned. I am with you on wanting a Joan Bennet month on TCM.

5 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Yeah, that is the problem. Since I only watch TCM for old movies, those not readily available to them I wouldn't see. I have not seen the two movies you mentioned. I am with you on wanting a Joan Bennet month on TCM.

Keep your eyes open on the schedule as those are 2 of her best!

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Uh,  TCM has shown those films.    This is why they are mentioned.    Anyhow,  most of us wish the TCM would feature more Fox, Columbia,  Universal and Paramount stars.   They don't due to contractual issues with leasing films from the copyright holder.    TMC gets some but on limited leasing arrangements.