Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Dashing in December" (2019)

"Dashing in December" is an old fashion romantic film with two gay men in the leads.  I love every minute of it and I hope we get a sequel.   The film's soundtrack echoes "Brokeback Mountain" but this one has much more happier ending.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I watched it on the basis of your recommendation and really liked it. Also watched The Christmas Setup on Lifetime, the one with Fran Dresher as the matchmaking mother of a gay son, with a real-life married couple as the two guys, which was terrific. I've told myself for years that I should write a gay TV romcom but now I don't have to because they're popping up right and left.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, DougieB said:

I watched it on the basis of your recommendation and really liked it. Also watched The Christmas Setup on Lifetime, the one with Fran Dresher as the matchmaking mother of a gay son, with a real-life married couple as the two guys, which was terrific. I've told myself for years that I should write a gay TV romcom but now I don't have to because they're popping up right and left.

Go for it and write it! I still want to do a gay theme horror film.  I really enjoyed "Dashing in December" it had a very classic Hollywood feel- just imagine Rock Hudson and Tab Hunter in the leads.  In this very dark year we need all the romance and happy endings we can get

• Like 1

This year there's been a noticeable sea change in these TV romcoms, with more gay characters (including leads), ethnic characters and interracial couples than ever. I wonder if  AMPAS' new inclusion requirements for Oscar eligibility have seeped into other areas of entertainment or if the change just reflects the evolution of social attitudes. I understand certain conservative groups have been very upset about the trend, so it does show some courage on the part of the TV faction of the industry. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DougieB said:

This year there's been a noticeable sea change in these TV romcoms, with more gay characters (including leads), ethnic characters and interracial couples than ever. I wonder if  AMPAS' new inclusion requirements for Oscar eligibility have seeped into other areas of entertainment or if the change just reflects the evolution of social attitudes. I understand certain conservative groups have been very upset about the trend, so it does show some courage on the part of the TV faction of the industry. 

The networks are not fools and they know their is gay audience for these tv shows.  I also think they do reflect culture in modern times look at commercials which now usually feature a multi racial family as well as an occasional gay couple .  Conservative groups might be upset about the gay content but the producers also want to reach the gay dollar

• Like 1
On 12/21/2020 at 8:47 AM, DougieB said:

Here's are two NYT articles from a few days ago on this topic.  There are six holiday films this season that have gay and lesbian leading characters.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/18/movies/gay-holiday-films.html?action=click&module=Well&pgtype=Homepage&section=Movies

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/11/movies/christmas-holiday-movies-lgbtq.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1