Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jim Backus

David Guercio

48 minutes ago, David Guercio said:

I was just thinking yesterday and just now that Jim Backus would also make a great SOTM too.  Maybe it will happen sometime.  If we’re lucky.

I highly doubt Jim Backus,   a character actor,  will ever be Star of the Month.       While I wish TCM would feature character actors (say a different one each week),   there are at least 50 character actors that have a film legacy with higher qualify films than Backus. 

17 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I highly doubt Jim Backus,   a character actor,  will ever be Star of the Month.       While I wish TCM would feature character actors (say a different one each week),   there are at least 50 character actors that have a film legacy with higher qualify films than Backus. 

You mean 50 quality episodes of Gilligan's Island don't qualify?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Stallion said:

Then you would have to have Natalie Shafer in the same month as Jim Backus because what is Thurston Howell III without Lovie?

This guy:Image result for mr. magoo

Backus was in some fine films;  My favorite is the noir His Kind of Women,   where Backus plays a slimy gambler after much younger married women by cheating their husband in cards.

© 2022 Turner Classic Movies Inc. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings