Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Our Favorite Brunettes

JackFavell

You are coming very close to getting run over by a little red corvette... or maybe I should

say, a little red wagon train.

What did I do?! Nothing, that's what! I've been a kind and loving gentleman. Is Grace

Kelly a brunette? :P

Hope Emerson:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

With Lee Patrick

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

from Elmer Rice's Street Scene

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh Wow... Wendy.. I LOVE these Hope Emerson pics... I think this is my most fave of all in your whole entire thread... VERY speciall...

They are all terrific... she does look like she was a person who loved to laugh.. I hope so, anyway.. (and I like the Blacksmith pic too.. plus some of those "glamorous" early shots of her as well.)

But I really like the last one.. the Christmas card w/ her dog... it reminds me of some of the old family photos I have that used to belong to my Grandma.. OH ME... the memories of looking at those pics from the 50's and 60's... I am getting whooshy eyed just thinking about it... ha.

Anyway.. I just like that is makes her seem like "one of us'... ha. You know.. a "real" person instead of a "Hollywood" persona...

Thanks again for posting these...

Howdy, Sandy!

The blacksmith shot is from a play called *Swing Your Lady* which was produced in 1936. The plot is about a promoter who brings a dim-witted wrestler to the Ozarks to fight a female blacksmith. The wrestler falls for the blacksmith and says he won't fight her. However, the blacksmith has a big Ozark boyfriend to contend with.

A movie was made in 1938, and Louise Fazenda got the role of Sadie Horn, female blacksmith.

Ro -

>But I really like the last one.. the Christmas card w/ her dog... it reminds me of some of the old family photos I have that used to belong to my Grandma.. OH ME... the memories of looking at those pics from the 50's and 60's... I am getting whooshy eyed just thinking about it... ha.

That's exactly the feeling I got from that photo, and that is why I included it! I wanted to show how good an actress the woman who played in *Caged* and *Cry of the City* really was... because all along she was somebody's wonderful cousin Hope.

There are more photos here:

http://www.sumshee.com/hope-emerson.html

> {quote:title=mrroberts wrote:}{quote}

> I wish I was good at posting pictures. I have a few stills of Jean Peters and Jeanne Crain from the 1953 movie Vicki. They are sisters in the story. Anyone out there have those pictures who can post them?

I can sure try and look around for them, if they're online. I'll try and do that as soon as I get a chance and I'll post them - if somebody doesn't beat me to it! :D

Thanks for the great pics. I have several of them, just have no luck trying to post them. I believe Jean Peters is greatly unappreicated , she was a good actress, and certainly very attractive. And what more can be said about Jeanne Crain? Understand they were good friends in real life too.

Archived