Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JackFavell

Our Favorite Brunettes

Speaking of brunettes, are you watching Maxie Schell this evening in *Return From the Ashes* ?

I've never seen it before, but Mr. Schell is sooooooooo darn good looking, I am going to watch it even if it is awful.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

What happened with that? Bronxie actually told me this was a pretty good thriller and I see some alligator movie instead.

I got a cancellation notice yesterday, but I didn't believe it. :) I get them all the time and the movies are always on. Oh well.

I like Maximilian (can you imagine dating a man you could call Maximilian?) in Topkapi, The Young Lions, The Deadly Affair and Judgment at Nuremberg. Did you know he translated Hamlet into German? I am very intrigued by him because he looks like that and is still so brainy.

I set my VCR to record "Return From the Ashes" one of those sexy sixties thrillers. I haven't seen it many many years. I went out and ran some errands and when I came home I saw a man with an alligator. HUH?!!!

I was disappointed. Then I saw Diana Dors. That was a pleasant diversion...but I ultimately did change the channel until "Dodsworth" came on.

I love those shots you posted. He was devilishly handsome. I believe I read he wasn't very nice to his sister though, but he is gorgeous.

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> I got a cancellation notice yesterday, but I didn't believe it. :) I get them all the time and the movies are always on. Oh well.

>

> I like Maximilian (can you imagine dating a man you could call Maximilian?) in Topkapi, The Young Lions, The Deadly Affair and Judgment at Nuremberg. Did you know he translated Hamlet into German? I am very intrigued by him because he looks like that and is still so brainy.

Maximilian ?! I named my dog after him, JF. My Max is also very smart and has incredible eyebrows!

Joan Fontaine has no trouble dating a man named Maximilian in Rebecca. ;-)

> {quote:title=casablancalover wrote:}{quote}

> Maximilian ?! I named my dog after him, JF. My Max is also very smart and has incredible eyebrows!

> Joan Fontaine has no trouble dating a man named Maximilian in Rebecca. ;-)

Ha!

I wish I had a dog that looked like Maximilian Schell....... heck I wish I had a dog that was as smart as Maximilian Schell.....or maybe I just wish my dog had eyebrows like Maximilian Schell........

I betcha your doggie is so cute!

CharlottePicturesmaximilian.jpg

Sorry, JF, I have to go back to posting school. I will work with it..

Edited by: casablancalover on Oct 24, 2009 4:09 PM

Edited by: casablancalover on Oct 24, 2009 4:16 PM

Awwwwwww! How adorable! And he does bear a resemblance to Maximilian Schell..... I think it's those deep dark eyes.... :)

That little guy is identical to my Max. He is a Miniature Schnauzer (that's why I was searching for a German name) with what are called Phantom markings. You don't see it in the photo, but the puppies have bright silver little butts too. They are too adorable.

Great Max Schell photos, jackie!! I was really looking forward to RETURN FROM THE ASHES as I hadn't seen it in decades, but I somehow had a premonition it wouldn't air.

My fave brunettes are Joan Bennett in SCARLET STREET and THE WOMAN IN THE WINDOW, and two naturally blonde actresses in dark wigs (do they count?) -- Elizabeth Montgomery as Samantha's up-to-no-good cousin Serena, from "Bewitched", and Anne Francis (more bewitchment) in the "Jess-Belle" episode of "The Twilight Zone".

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Oct 25, 2009 5:45 AM

I am still trying to get my Max here. Have patience.

Someone mentioned young Orson Welles, and he is a favorite of mine too.

Edited by: casablancalover on Oct 25, 2009 10:44 AM

CBLOver, I am looking forward to seeing your little Maxie, whenever he shows up! He sounds adorable.

Give me a chance to catch up on these requests... let's see, Roz Russell, Orson Welles, did I forget anyone?

BTW, did anyone get a chance to watch Ruth Hussey and Margaret Lindsey? I watched *Pierre of the Plains*, which was a fun, if scattered B picture with a great cast. Hussey was just divine with her skeptical humor, but she didn't have nearly enough to do... I taped the other movies.

That is a VERY cute puppy.

I love the name Max. My best friend's nephew is named Maximilliano (they're Spanish). And they don't shorten the names down where they live...so it's the whole mouthful...not "Max" and not "Maxim". :D

Hey, Bronxie,

I have to admit to liking Serena too as a little girl... I always thought she was really pretty.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Orson Welles[/i] is my favorite "Mr. Rochester" and very attractive to me in a strange way, ha.

These are some of my favorite pictures of him:

welles.jpg

orson-welles.jpg

Orson3rdMan.jpg

OrsonasHarryLime.jpg

orson_welles.jpg

thirdman.jpg

(click to enlarge---how appropriate!---the following)

OW in The Third Man

OW & JC in The Third Man

Personally, I find him rather attractive in this one...from Prince of Foxes

OW - The Prince of Foxes

Prince of Foxes

Orson Welles

OW in The Third Man

OW in the Third Man

Jackie,

The second picture down, is that Boyce and Hart with Serena?