Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JackFavell

Our Favorite Brunettes

Yes, it is! Sorry I didn't give a credit on that one.... looking at them now, I think they look kind of like Peter Duell and Henry Winkler.

Aren't those pants a scream?

*looking at them now, I think they look kind of like Peter Duell and Henry Winkler.*

Very much so! I loved Tommy Boyce when I was teenager and I thought Peter Duell was the dreamest. Forget that Bobby Sherman, Peter Duell was way too cool!

Oh, jackie, thank you SO much for those fantastic Serena pix! Liz really relished the chance to play someone 360 degrees from sweet Sammie.

Here's Anne as Jess-Belle:

jess2S.jpg

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Oct 25, 2009 5:07 PM

Thanks for posting the Orson Welles pics. Even as he grew older and heavier, I could still see the boyish charm. Only the beard took it away. Sorry Orson, don't care for beards.

imho, he is my favorite Rochester too!

> {quote:title=casablancalover wrote:}{quote}

> Thanks for posting the Orson Welles pics. Even as he grew older and heavier, I could still see the boyish charm. Only the beard took it away. Sorry Orson, don't care for beards.

>

I agree with you completely, cblover, I really didn't care much for the beard, although I realize of course he sometimes needed it for the role. ;)

> {quote:title=casablancalover wrote:}{quote}

> Thanks for posting the Orson Welles pics. Even as he grew older and heavier, I could still see the boyish charm. Only the beard took it away. Sorry Orson, don't care for beards.

>

You mean to say you'll have no wine before it's time? :D

orson-welles.gif

> imho, he is my favorite Rochester too!

The best. When I read the novel, I see OW and hear his booming voice.

Alright, I have a TON of Rosalind Russell photos, so bear with me:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This one is autographed to Margaret Truman:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wow! What a batch of hunnies! La Roz looks terrific, I especially like her early look, much softer. Of course, my favorites are the ones with Bobby and Clark! The one where Clark's tie is loose makes me feel a little faint.

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> A drawing of Roz by Henry Major:

>

> click to enlarge:

> Photobucket

I have one of those of *Myrna* framed on my wall. Also of John Ford, but I don't know remember if it's the same artist.

I think he did a John Ford, and I looked at it recently - did you just get it?

There are bunches of large size Gable/Russell photos at Art.com. You can click through for large size, but they put a watermark over them.

I love the early ones with her thirties eyebrows arched all the way across her face....

Edited by: JackFavell on Oct 25, 2009 8:20 PM

Hey, sorry I hogged the thread there, but there were so many great shots...

I also really like her short hair style in the My Sister Eileen photo with Edie Adams.

"Hey, sorry I hogged the thread there, but there were so many great shots...I also really like her short hair style in the My Sister Eileen photo with Edie Adams."

Hogged the thread? Hey, this is your baby!!! And we're lovin' it!! (I love Roz with her shoulder-length hair).

"I was trying to find a place to post some photos of my favorite underrated brunette, Ruth Hussey, but couldn't decide where it would be appropriate to do so. Blondes and Redheads have had their day here at TCM City, so I think it's time for Our Favorite Brunettes (thank you, MissGoddess for the title). Please feel free to post your thoughts on and photos of your favorite dark beauties.......the vixens or those smart gals that a man takes home after he has come to his senses." :)

Spectacular Roz, jackie!

Another favorite of mine (again with a black wig) Jean Brooks in THE SEVENTH VICTIM:

jean-brooks-600.jpg

What a great choice, Bronxie! I've always thought she looked SO cool! I love her hairstyle, even if she did get mixed up with the wrong crowd...... :)

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> I think he did a John Ford, and I looked at it recently - did you just get it?

>

I think I got it about six or seven months ago...I have the certificate somewhere with the artist's name, I was just too lazy to look it up. :D