Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JackFavell

Our Favorite Brunettes

I don't think there is anything as good as 30s-40s cheesecake photos. My dad had hidden Playboys around the house (of course I found them!) and they just didn't have that creativity...

> {quote:title=MissGoddess wrote:}{quote}

> >

> > Cow urine is supposed to be an ayruvedic cure-all for almost everything. Ulcers, jauntice, high blood pressure, dandruff, gray hair, constipation, insomnia, boils, corns, obesity, general body pollution and, last but not least, leprosy, just to name a few.

> >

>

> Is it a cure-all because it kills you?!

>

> If you had said "takes ten years off you" I'd have PM'd you for where I could get some.

>

> It sounds like that bird poop facial I read about at a Japanese spa. Well, cows and birds don't get grey hairs...

>

> > Not that I'd ever really buy it. But I'm getting desperate.

>

> I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. Have you ever tried probiotics? Ask your doc next time you see him/her.

That-Girl-Season-One.jpg

Donald will help me!

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Oct 31, 2009 1:17 PM

>

> Donald will help me!

>

Lol!!

I'd love to have one of Marlo's wigs. I could never get my hair to "flip".

> {quote:title=MissGoddess wrote:}{quote}

> >

> > Donald will help me!

> >

>

>

> Lol!!

>

> I'd love to have one of Marlo's wigs. I could never get my hair to "flip".

Mine used to. Now it just flops.

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> Photobucket

> Tim Curry as Frank N. Furter

>

> Edited by: JackFavell on Oct 31, 2009 9:21 PM

That reminds me, I've got to stock up on my Rocky Road ice cream.

I had an uncle who trained his crew cut to stand up by sleeping in the top of one of my aunt's nylons. He pulled it over his head then grabbed the top pulling upward to make all the hairs stand up. Could be a new flip for you Miss G

Edited by: Edythevanhopper on Nov 1, 2009 9:56 AM

I had a great flip, in Junior High. Used those Big-axx rollers going down till the last row, curling up. I was glad the style ended (I stopped before MTM or Marlo), It was too uncomfortable sleeping in curlers.

> {quote:title=casablancalover wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=HollywoodGolightly wrote:}{quote}

> > You want Clooney?

> >

> (sigh)

> Something so sweet on a scary night coming. Thank you!

You're welcome, I'm glad it helped. ;)

Edythe, my dear! I am so glad you were finally able to post!

9:15 does seem a little warm to keep your fridge at..... ewwwww!

My sister spent a year rolling her hair on a giant coffee can in the sixties. I cannot imagine how she ever slept with that thing on her head....

They say coffee can keep you awake, but I don't think that's what they meant.

Edited by: JackFavell on Nov 1, 2009 11:26 AM

> {quote:title=Edythevanhopper wrote:}{quote}

> I had an uncle who trained his crew cut to stand up by sleeping in the top of one of my aunt's nylons. He pulled it over his head then grabbed the top pulling upward to make all the hairs stand up. Could be a new flip for you Miss G

>

> Edited by: Edythevanhopper on Nov 1, 2009 9:56 AM

Lol! Between this and coffee cans, there may be hope yet!

Like need I "help" not sleeping.

My hair is too long right now for the flip, but I may cut off a couple of inches if I can motivate myself to go to my stylist (she's so expensive, but I don't trust anyone else). I can usually do more with it when it's just below shoulder length. Right now it's way too long and I typically wind it in two of those twisty-wire-sponge curlers (one on each side because my hair is so fine I don't need more) and sleep in those. I'm too lazy to wash and blow dry every morning so I prefer this method. It also keeps my hair from being as damaged.

Any other tips, ladies? I'm sorry for turning your thread into Steel Magnolia's, Jackie! :D I feel like smacking my gum, putting on a pair of high heel mules a big wide pink belt around my waist and calling myself Corie Sue! Anyone for a perm? lol

I learned how to do a finger wave back when I had shorter hair. Talk about time consuming, but it does look great! It's flattering for most faces, too.

Used those Big-axx rollers going down till the last row, curling up.

What you didn't use the empty concentrated frozen orange juice cans, I DID.

> {quote:title=casablancalover wrote:}{quote}

> I had a great flip, in Junior High. Used those Big-axx rollers going down till the last row, curling up. I was glad the style ended (I stopped before MTM or Marlo), It was too uncomfortable sleeping in curlers.

I used to sleep in rollers. Looking back, I can't believe I subjected myself to such torture. I get headaches now just thinking about it.