Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JackFavell

Our Favorite Brunettes

Edythe is still having a hard time posting but she wrote me this and said it was OK if I posted it:

*I probably had the worst hairdo...in the 60's there was the Golightly beehive. Once a wk after work I'd take my earnings and get my hair done a few doors up from there with that 1 ft tall updo. I would roll my hair in toilet paper and sleep on my nose all night. That is why Holly must have worn those eye shades I'll bet! To hide the huge circles!*

Edited by: JackFavell on Nov 2, 2009 10:44 AM

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> I used to sleep in rollers. Looking back, I can't believe I subjected myself to such torture. I get headaches now just thinking about it.

Me, too. I used to worry what would happen after I got married, and how attractive I would look going to bed like that. Man, the stuff that kept me awake at night! The Conair hand-held hair dryer saved my illusion of 24-hour beauty! ;-)

Edited by: casablancalover on Nov 2, 2009 8:12 PM

We can all drown in brunettes, but Teresa Wright is certainly one of the loveliest. Thanx for posting her picture, cinemafan. Love her!

Awwwwww.......

Thanks for the beautiful Ben, my friend. :D

You are the pavement underneath my wheels........(that's supposed to be a compliment, a la You Are the Wind Beneath My Wings, not a description of you as roadkill.) :x :x :x

Being your roadkill is a compliment. ;)

You've been one of the best members of this board ever since you joined... despite your love of Ford. :P You make this place fun. I'm glad you didn't leave the wagon train, Denver.

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> Being your roadkill is a compliment. ;)

>

> You've been one of the best members of this board ever since you joined... despite your love of Ford. :P You make this place fun. I'm glad you didn't leave the wagon train, Denver.

Oh, man..... How can I vroom over you when you say such nice things?

Mr. Zone....Ha! And Rochester was great.

I _love_ Jack Benny - we share the same birthday....I thought for sure someone was going to break into his vault and steal all his money - that really would be The Twilight Zone for Jack....

I love Benny and Rochester, too. That show just automatically makes me feel happy. That and the George and Gracie Show. All such warm people.

nitey nite, Miss 6000+ :)

Oh, you and I are on the same wavelength - I love George and Gracie!

Nitey night - thanks for cheering me up......

Hey Edythe! Where the heck is Kookemonga? I am guessing it's in Indiana.

Alright, I promised some Elvis pics days and days ago, so here they are:

Photobucket

Elvis with his parents, Gladys and Vernon

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks, CF!

I am not really an Elvis fan, but one thing I noticed in his photos was his hands, especially in the early pictures. He had very sensitive hands, he was always holding them up delicately. He would lift his hands to his face, very tentatively, as if he were hiding, or embarrassed. I think part of him wanted attention, and part of him wanted to hide. It's amazing what you can find out about someone from photos.

Photobucket

Some not so commonly seen photos of Vivien Leigh (my favorite brunette actress):

glamourphoto.jpg

colorviv2.jpg

innocent2.jpg

newyork.jpg

newyork2.jpg

orangedress.jpg

radioshow.jpg

reddress.jpg

A rare color photo of the couple during their unsuccessful "Romeo and Juliet" production.

romeojuliet.jpg

set.jpg

From The Sidewalks of London

sidewalksoflondon.jpg

My favorite. :)

sidewalksoflondon2.jpg

WOW! Oh, Miss G, those are fabulous! I love them all, especially your favorite, and the Romeo and Juliet, and then the one where she is peeking out of the window.

Just spectacular! Thanks for posting them.

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> Edythe is still having a hard time posting but she wrote me this and said it was OK if I posted it:

>

>

> *I probably had the worst hairdo...in the 60's there was the Golightly beehive. Once a wk after work I'd take my earnings and get my hair done a few doors up from there with that 1 ft tall updo. I would roll my hair in toilet paper and sleep on my nose all night. That is why Holly must have worn those eye shades I'll bet! To hide the huge circles!*

>

> Edited by: JackFavell on Nov 2, 2009 10:44 AM

Wider than a mile....

i really forgot that this guy was a brunette.

brando.jpg

marlon_brandov.jpg

brando.jpg

Marlon_Brando.jpg

Edited by: timothy17 on Nov 6, 2009 9:04 PM