Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JackFavell

Our Favorite Brunettes

Sorry, guys, that I haven't been around, reallife just got in my way. I have some photos I'll be posting in the next couple of days - I am not ignoring anyone! I am glad to see MarilynCrawford and Rupert Alistair over here! I already have some photos of your favorites, I just have to dig through my files and compile them into one spot.

Bronxie - I tried to post a big thank you for those lovely ladies of horror this weekend, but I couldn't post on this thread..... Lenore Aubert is beautiful! And I LERVE Natasha. I can't figure out who she might be modeled on....

MissG - I have a couple to add to that lovely group of Claudia photos:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I thought Halloween was over. I guess not, because what a lovely treat it is to see Claudia!

Jackie -- I love the top photo. She's looking upset yet very sexy. How does she do that? And the second photo is unreal. She doesn't even look like Claudia there. What a beautiful smile she has. And such lovely, dark eyes.

Miss G -- What a mesmerizing mix of Claudia you posted! I think all of her emotions can be found in those photos. She looks like Linda Darnell in the "fan" photo. You did post my favorite. It's the one where she is looking towards us from a sideview and she has such a silly little smirk on her face. She's up to no good! I also love those beach photos. She looks like fun there. I just love seeing a girl who is happy and relaxed. Beautiful. And I adore the photo of her on the motorcycle with the child. Too cute.

Thank you both for the beautiful pics of the very beautiful Claudia. And Claudia will be given the primetime spotlight a week from today. The first film being shown is...

And, Jackie, have you ever seen Clash by Night? If you haven't, it's airing in about an hour. Stanwyck and Ryan.

Edited by: FrankGrimes on Nov 10, 2009 4:51 PM

Claudia is just about my favorite foreign actress, along with Sophia and BB. Here are some more of the bewitching CC:

Claudiainachair.jpg

Claudiainleopard.jpg

From The Leopard (you should see that one)

ClaudiainTheLeopard2.jpg

ClaudiainTheLeopard3.jpg

Claudialonghair.jpg

ClaudiaMod.jpg

ClaudiaPinkHat.jpg

> And Claudia will be given the primetime spotlight a week from today. The first film being shown is...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Claudia is just about my favorite foreign actress, along with Sophia and BB.

You're so full of it!

Claudia has some sad faces in a couple of those recent photos. :(

Well, what do you know? Your favorite Claudia photo is the same as mine, the one with the necklace and the sidelong glance.....and I love the sad one in white too.

I've been collecting her photos for some time. There are many of MissG's that I had too, but I was saving them for when you were a very good boy. Now I have to post them, even though you don't deserve them. :)

I like her looks so much and her joie de vivre.

Now I have to go find some photos of Capucine.

Well, what do you know? Your favorite Claudia photo is the same as mine, the one with the necklace and the sidelong glance.

No, no, no! The one I like is right beneath the mirror photo. She's hiding something.

I've been collecting her photos for some time.

Really? I would have never guessed that. I thought I was one of the very few Claudia fans on this board.

There are many of MissG's that I had too, but I was saving them for when you were a very good boy. Now I have to post them, even though you don't deserve them.

I'm always a good boy!

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> Claudia is just about my favorite foreign actress, along with Sophia and BB.

>

> You're so full of it!

>

Excuse ME, but I always liked CC. I've watched The

Pink Panther since I was little.

> Claudia has some sad faces in a couple of those recent photos.

She had a naturally pouty mouth that looks sad if she's not smiling.

Oh, that one! Sorry.

and I haven't seen *Clash By Night* yet, but I have a copy I am going to watch in the next couple days.... I did get to see parts of *The Racket* (I recorded it too) - I don't know how good it is as a whole film, but I found Ryan to be absolutely fascinating - a tough, uncultured street kid who is pretending to be high class. He thinks money and power will make him cultured.

His performance really struck me in the right way, partly because he is really putting on a lot of outer accoutrements for this role, and partly because he sways from one thing to another in his time on screen. One minute he is menacing and the next he is actually funny! Then almost sympathetic, desperate.... I find that I will have to go back and watch again to see all the changes he rings on this character.

He was super gorgeous in *Best of the Badmen* - his pants were ripped and so was he...... :x

Gosh, I don't think anyone threw a more devastating punch in all movie history..... maybe Tom Santschi....

Hola, Icy Blonde -- Excuse ME, but I always liked CC. I've watched The

Pink Panther since I was little.

That's a cartoon! :P I like Pink Panther, too.

She had a naturally pouty mouth that looks sad if she's not smiling.

I didn't even realize that, but you're right. It just kills me when a girl is sad.

Hola, Lukewarm Brunette -- and I haven't seen Clash By Night yet, but I have a copy I am going to watch in the next couple days.

I'll be very interested to hear your take on that one.

I did get to see parts of The Racket (I recorded it too) - I don't know how good it is as a whole film, but I found Ryan to be absolutely fascinating - a tough, uncultured street kid who is pretending to be high class. He thinks money and power will make him cultured.

His performance really struck me in the right way, partly because he is really putting on a lot of outer accoutrements for this role, and partly because he sways from one thing to another in his time on screen. One minute he is menacing and the next he is actually funny! Then almost sympathetic, desperate.... I find that I will have to go back and watch again to see all the changes he rings on this character.

That's fantastic analysis! Expertly done. The best part of The Racket is definitely Ryan. He's magnetic. Your description of him is right on point. Ryan is one of the best at making you feel sympathy towards a thug. He knows how to play hard and soft as good as anyone.

Gosh, I don't think anyone threw a more devastating punch in all movie history..... maybe Tom Santschi.

That's actually a good threa idea, Mrs. Violence. I recently told Miss Whosits that I like how Glenn Ford throws a punch. He does so with great emotion.

Oh, Jackie, I can't wait for you to see CLASH BY NIGHT. It's one of my favorites, and "Mae Doyle" is actually one of my top five favorite female movie characters of all time. I understand her so well, and Stanwyck has some amazing lines.

Ryan's Earl Pfeiffer has me ROLLING with the things he says; honestly, how could everyone keep a straight face on the set??!

> {quote:title=MissGoddess wrote:}{quote}

> Oh, Jackie, I can't wait for you to see CLASH BY NIGHT. It's one of my favorites, and "Mae Doyle" is actually one of my top five favorite female movie characters of all time. I understand her so well, and Stanwyck has some amazing lines.

>

> Ryan's Earl Pfeiffer has me ROLLING with the things he says; honestly, how could everyone keep a straight face on the set??!

This is good! You are making me want to watch it!

Frank - Ryan's punches look like they HURT. His arm goes straight for the victim sharply and with full extension. He looks like he could drive his fist right through his intended target, hard. Somehow, I didn't notice this in The Set-Up.

Maybe I will start that thread.... it never occurs to me.

Ooh! Capucine, she could say dog food and it would sound beautiful. Did anyone ever see her in Walk on the Wild? One of my favorites. It was so perfectly cast. I think that is one of our more modern noir films.

Marilyn Crawford -

Here are some photos of Garbo. I tend to like her silent look better, so most of the photos I have collected over time are from that period. I think it's because I like the way they drape her in fabric... or maybe it's the remoteness of her beauty.... they don't come in for extreme closeups like they do in the thirties photos.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Capucine (it is the french word for the nasturtium flower):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These two are my favorites:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Edited by: JackFavell on Nov 12, 2009 11:48 AM

Edited by: JackFavell on Nov 12, 2009 12:21 PM to include John Wayne who I forgot

More brunettes with cats:

Photobucket

Elizabeth Taylor

Photobucket

Vivien Leigh with Poo Jones

Photobucket

Mary Pickford

Photobucket

Cyd Charisse

Photobucket

Katharine Ross

Photobucket

Donna Reed

Photobucket

Eartha Kitt as Catwoman

Photobucket

Julie Newmar as Catwoman

Photobucket

Julie Newmar at home

Edited by: JackFavell on Nov 12, 2009 1:31 PM for captions

What is going on this afternoon with this website?

h5. Everything is tiny in my post message box.

Photobucket

Patricia Medina

Photobucket

Photobucket

Olivia De Haviland

Photobucket

Nina Simone

Photobucket

Photobucket

Marlon Brando

Photobucket

Lilli Palmer and Pyewacket in the original production of Bell, Book , and Candle

Photobucket

James Mason

Photobucket

Anna Magnani

Photobucket

Jane Fonda

Photobucket

Imogene Coca

Photobucket

Ingrid Bergman

Photobucket

Errol Flynn and Bes Mudi

Photobucket

Dean Jones in *That Darn Cat*

Photobucket

Bette Davis

Photobucket

Ava Gardner

Photobucket

Audrey Hepburn

Photobucket

Anna Pavlova

Photobucket

Anthony Perkins

Photobucket

Anna May Wong

Photobucket

Eartha Kitt

Thanks, Edythe! I kept finding more and more kitties. And I forgot this Capucine photo, so I am glad you brought it up. There are so few photos of her, even though she was a photographer's model:

Photobucket