Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JackFavell

Our Favorite Brunettes

I had some extras lying around.

I'm sure you've already seen these, but I just found them the other day and thought - WOW!

Vivien Leigh:

Photobucket

Photobucket

My God these brunettes are gorgeous. I love my Ava, but Yvonne staring into the lens...wow!!! They're all luscious.

True dat Jaxxx. True dat. She can look hard when she glares even though that's sexy too for the brave man. But in the shot below, she's got such a sweet smile in that shot.

Whew!!! Those eyes. Those eyes. The horror of recognition on her face was amazing. Vivling is really Miss Goddess' girl. And I think in a previous post about "Waterloo Bridge" she was the one who was very descriptive about Vivien Leigh's performance.

But I love those shots!!!!

That is one " Drop Dead Gorgeous" photo of Dorothy. Be still my heart..

No, mave. It was you in the Robert Taylor thread on April 6. Your words were right on the mark - so much that when I saw this photo, I thought of your words. Thanks for them.

Maven sez -

"But forgive me...I confess, I took my eye off the ball. This really is Vivien Leigh?s picture. She had my total attention. It?s all in Leigh?s eyes, isn?t it? Bright with anticipation, burning dark with fear and recognition. Sweetly smiling at 'customers' in Waterloo Station...and then seeing Roy walk through the gate like Lazarus. All in her eyes. Her voice flat and dead as she talks to the last person who sees her alive on Waterloo Bridge."

Holy sh--- that WAS me. (I crack myself up sometimes). Thank you so much for the reminder. I was afraid to take credit for something that wasn't mine. Whew! Much of Vivien's performance in "Gone With the Wind" was with those eyes. That scarlett red dress when she goes to Melly's party and Rhett leaves her there and the camera dollies in to a close-up of her...

Her eyes.

> {quote:title=fredbaetz wrote:}{quote}

> That is one " Drop Dead Gorgeous" photo of Dorothy. Be still my heart..

fredb.- I thought the same thing when I happened upon that photo! And I was glad that there was a place here to share it.

I don't usually like to copy something from one thread to another, but in this case, I'll make an exception.

This beauty deserves to be listed among the great icons of her day.

*Theresa Harris:*

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I agree Ms. Harris was quite beautiful. One of the few times she was able to expand beyond her usual role as maid was briefly in PROFESSIONAL SWEETHEART (1933), when she gets to take over as the "Purity Girl" from Ginger Rogers' character. Oddly it is not her singing voice, but that of Etta Moten (who also is also seen and heard in FLYING DOWN TO RIO). I thought that Theresa's singing voice quite good. Her singing the St.Louis Blues in BABY FACE was very nice.

Okay. Jackaaaaay. Whatever you want...I owe you one. I owe you BIG.

Thank you so much for the photos of Theresa Harris. :x

Sincerely,

C.M.

Oooohh, Sylvia Sidney! She's such a sweetie. And you chose some darling photos of her, too. Lovely.

I always though she had the most mesmerizing eyes of anyone including Bette. They seem to draw you into them and hold you. Every time I see a picture of her I go right to her soulful sad eyes. Even when she smiles her eyes remain sad. I think she was one of the under rated actresses and great beauties of her time. A very unique face.......

Thanks, boys.

There is something so arresting about her face.... I think you really described it perfectly, fred.

She is rather exotic looking, and yet, she is also very small town girl. It's a wonderful combination.

I've never had any emotional connection to Sylvia Sidney or Claudette Colbert. But that first shot of Sidney is the best photo of her I've ever seen.

Interesting, Maven..... Frances Dee and Margaret Lindsey are 2 thirties stars that you like, are there any others you feel a connections to? Is it that there isn't the same kind of depth, maybe, in the thirties movies and starlets? No yin/yang, good /bad types?

Whoa. Hold on. Wait one minute Jack Favell. Are you trying to make me think instead of posting glib quips, spam, drive-by posts and deaths of innocuous people tangentially related to show business?