Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JackFavell

Our Favorite Brunettes

Whoa...an almost-Marilyn, ey? Well...I think we all saw that when you were a Fan Guest Programmer on TCM's 15th anniversary.

You're too kind, Maven. When I got the call saying I had the part---and I beat out all these "professional" MM impersonators...it was one of the most truly exciting and happy moments I ever experienced. To say I was disappointed when it all fell apart is an understatement. It was then I pretty much lost interest in pursuing acting. (I know, I'm a quitter.) But I still have the script (the playwright had the official authorization from the notoriously difficult Estate of Marilyn Monroe to produce it).

At least I can still sing "My Heart Belongs to Daddy". ;)

You know it's funny, but Marilyn has a few extra pounds on her in this movie, but I think she never was sexier than in Let's Make Love. There's something so off-hand, less studied and careful about her performance that adds to her allure. Next to The Misfits, I actually find it one of her most engaging characters.

I can't even touch her little finger but it's fun to sing her songs. :)

Donna Reed:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

That's more Donna Reed photos than I've ever seen in one place. Thanks for showing us Donna. She deserves it.

I love the photos you've posted of Donna Reed. She was soooo pretty. I love her eyes and her smile. She had a lovely screen persona, was a great tv mom, and it's difficult playing the nice girl without being saccharine. She had It and I'm a fan.

Great pix!!!

wow, look at all those sensational gowns and outfits..what a classy dame. She had a terrific figure, too.

My favorite picture is the very bottom one in white. Gorgeous.

My favorite is this very first one here in stripes - the very early GORGEOUS natural Lena, without the Max Factor, gowns and lipstick.

You know, she was a treasure and an inspiration to all people.

I first knew about Lena through "Sanford and Son". Redd Fox would go crazy at the mere mention of Lena's name. He called her "the Horne", ha! It was so funny when she appeared on his show and he had one of his "attacks".

Your PM box is full.

I was posting them already when I got it.

I wish I could find the whole interview Lena did with Ed Bradley - I remember being riveted to the screen watching it when it was first on. Lena had an electric personality, but even more so with Ed Bradley - it was like they were psychically linked - and they generated a really crackling spark when they talked together. I'll never forget it.

Thank you. I shall clean it out directly. It's all those message to the WebAdmins, I guess. Thank you again for the photo tribute to a great singer and a great civil rights advocate and < sigh a great beauty.

John Derek:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

celebrating his dad's birthday

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Whoaaaaa Mama. Let's bump this l'il baby right back up to the top. He had gorgeous eyes.

Hey...could one of those kids on the couch be Bo Derek's classmate?? I'm just askin'! Sheesh.

Derek was gorgeous.

> {quote:title=CineMaven wrote:}{quote}

> Hey...could one of those kids on the couch be Bo Derek's classmate?? I'm just askin'! Sheesh.

Ouch! :D

Hey! How'd Yul Brynner get in this thread? He's not a brunette, or a blonde OR a redhead.... Darn! I am going to have to start a new thread....