Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Our Favorite Brunettes

"Oh, wow! Those are marvelous! Have you seen that verson of Blood and Sand? That dance he and Rita do? Aye yi yi yi yi!!!It burns up the screen. I wish they had done more movies as

a real couple."

?No, I haven't! You are making me drool thinking about it, though.

It's the Tyrone Power version right? I just went on a quick run around the net for these, but I am now imagining the most blazing latin dance in the world. whew! I just love Tony Quinn... he is never what you expect.?

---------------New Message-------------------------------

You'll get a chance to see "Blood and Sand" if you get the Fox Movie Channel. And those brunettes that you and Jackaaaay have displayed are really to die for. They are simply gorgeous. I remember Anthony Quinn on a 'Private Screenings' said he was scared to death of women.

Yeah...it sure shows in that dance sequence.

10/12/2009 - 10:00 am BLOOD AND SAND (Fox Movie Channel)

A confident young bullfighter (Tyronne Power) is wooed away from his wife (Linda Darnell) he loves by a wealthy socialite (Rita Hayworth). Cast: Tyrone Power, Linda Darnell, Anthony Quinn, Rita Hayworth, Alla Nazimova, Rouben Mamoulian, Fortunio Bonanova

Director: Rouben Mamoulian

I'm sorry about you not receiving the FMC Jackaaaay. I'm hoping that TCM fills your need for that classic movies fix we all share.

I feel your pain. :-(

Sort of. ;-)

Well...not really. I get the FMC along with TCM. :D

Didn't mean to gloat. :-(

Edited by: CineMaven on Oct 7, 2009 12:12 PM. Uh...kind of am gloating. :-)

Um....ummmmm....Was she an actress who appeared in either "In Which We Serve" or perhaps in "One of Our Aircraft is Missing" ??

Gosh, even squinting my eyes...she doesn't look familiar. Would you give me another clue?

Mea culpa on the gloating.

The other clue would have been: in her second film, she played a president's wife.

cinemafan - sorry I didn't get back to you earlier.... anyone is free to guess anytime here... though I really am not running a game or trivia contest... I was just trying to pay back CM for gloating at me... :D

Laffite - I like the way you think! I imagine that Colette and our mystery brunette were somewhat similar, though I don't know for sure.

rayallen - you are right - it is *Ruth Gordon* !

Here are a couple more photos:

Photobucket

Photobucket

click to enlarge:

Photobucket

At Martha's Vineyard, 1975

Edited by: JackFavell on Oct 7, 2009 4:56 PM

>I imagine that Colette and our mystery brunette were somewhat similar, though I don't know for sure.

Me neither, though it's clear they both lived long and interesting lives. Colette did some dance hall/stage work early on and I believe she did a little writing for the movies. I though it possible that she might have done a couple of movies here and there and you were pulling a fast one on us though I considered it a shot in the dark. The first picture you posted shows a very slight smile. It's been said that Colette never smiled for a photo.

"No, she did not appear in either of those two movies.

Hint: She was also a writer.

Ruth Gordon...ey? Wow! If Harold had seen Maude look like this...

Jackaaaaay, I will never gloat again. I will never gloat again. I will never gloat again. And congrats to our eagle-eyed poster who guessed who this great writer was.